just2good

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2014 Rumors & Discussion

12108914865_a4305761c0_b.jpg

12109576826_46abcef4fe_b.jpg

12109214433_078de67751_b.jpg

12108914535_00082a61d3_b.jpg

Old post spoiler'd

As 'Lego-Freak' pointed out in the TMNT 2013 thread:

Apparently we're going to get 7 new sets next year, at least 3 of which are based on the upcoming Bay abomination movie: :laugh:

http://allaboutbrick...umour-list.html

This rumor came from All About Bricks, but was actually referenced on this forum in August. All About Bricks is usually correct, and the other user seems to be correct true.

So, we're getting 7 sets, with at least 3 based on the upcoming movie. That's actually a lot for a license wave, let alone one in its second year! :sweet:

Discuss! I'm sure we'll get names next month or so, like we did with the Lone Ranger stuff.

Also, thanks to 'Sir von Lego', Werst, and Bol we have the set list for the TV show sets:

I found these on Bol.com, not sure if anyone has mentioned it. I don't know the US prices yet. The set names sound great!

LEGO Ninja Turtles Karai Bike Escape - 79118 € 21.99

LEGO Ninja Turtles Turtle Submarine Pursuit - 79121€ 79.99

LEGO Ninja Turtles T-Rawket Airstrike - 79120 € 39.99

LEGO Ninja Turtles Unleashed in the Change Room - 79119 € 32.99

Edited by just2good

I wonder if the turtle minifigures based on the movie will be different from the current turtle minifigures based on the cartoon? This news does sound believable since we had gotten regular batman sets simultaneously with the set that was based on the dark knight rises. So I dont think it is farfetched to have sets based both on the movie and cartoon at the same time. It will be very confusing though.

I don't think they will be too different. I could see LEGO doing one green for the TV show characters and then having the movie ones be dark green to make you collect more.

Wow, 7 sets and only 3 of them based on the movie? That's great news! I hope this is true and that it stays at 3 movie-based sets. I also think that the movie Turtles will have a darker shade of green and maybe new head molds, depending on how much Bay screws up their look.

I'm guessing this will be a summer wave. Perhaps TMNT and Ninjago will take turns for set releases in the foreseeable future?

More TMNT is great! Although, I don't know what the sets would be linked to. I don't know much about the new TMNT stuff. I haven't paid attention to it all.

But it'd be great to see more figures.

More TMNT is great! Although, I don't know what the sets would be linked to. I don't know much about the new TMNT stuff. I haven't paid attention to it all.

But it'd be great to see more figures.

Well, there are still a few things they could make sets out of from the first season, such as the Turtle Sub, the Patrol Buggy, and the Turtle Gliders from the season finale, not to mention anything we might see in the second season. Plus I'm still holding out hope for the Turtle Blimp that was hinted at in the Turtle Lair Attack set. :grin: And there are still tons of characters that could (and should) be made into minifigures!

Have the official images for the Micheal Bay turtles been shown? I doubt they'd be incompatible with the current heads but maybe. I'd imagine they'd be in an entirely different style, probably ugly like the Transformers which were a mess of metal. I wouldn't count out new molds for potentially the heads and back if the style is THAT much different.

I really doubt LEGO would bother to change the head of the Turtles for three sets for one (horrible) movie.

So when did you see the movie? I'm sick of everyone hating on a movie that hasn't even been freaking released yet. Maybe wait until you see the movie before you criticise.

So when did you see the movie? I'm sick of everyone hating on a movie that hasn't even been freaking released yet. Maybe wait until you see the movie before you criticise.

No.

The production of the movie is a horrible mess and being done by Michael Bay who has never done a decent movie in his life. I'm sick of this ignorant comments like that. No one has ever seen every movie ever made because some movies look like garbage from the trailers and previews and this is one of those movies.

There is a movie called "The Crying Clown" or something like that from the 70s, that was made but was so bad they never released it. Should we wait until we see it before we judge?

I'd usually agree and think your comment is reasonable however this is Micheal Bay. He's probably the most terrible movie making in recent history. The only reason movies like Transformers do well is because lucky for him a lot of the masses are idiots.

You 100% can judge Micheal Bays movies without seeing them. They're made by a stupid person for stupid people. They're the lowest common denominator. Ninja Turtles: Bay Edition has no chance. :tongue:

Let's stop this now. Opinions on the movie should be kept to a minimum in this thread. I'm sure there are other places for that sort of thing.

Discussion should relate directly to potential sets.

Very excited about this news! Hopefully the new sets will cover the majority of characters that the first one didn't (i.e. Rat King, Leatherhead, Casey Jones, etc.)

No.

The production of the movie is a horrible mess and being done by Michael Bay who has never done a decent movie in his life. I'm sick of this ignorant comments like that. No one has ever seen every movie ever made because some movies look like garbage from the trailers and previews and this is one of those movies.

There is a movie called "The Crying Clown" or something like that from the 70s, that was made but was so bad they never released it. Should we wait until we see it before we judge?

So you've seen the trailers and previews then? We know nothing about this movie except the creators. And guess what...

I'd usually agree and think your comment is reasonable however this is Micheal Bay. He's probably the most terrible movie making in recent history. The only reason movies like Transformers do well is because lucky for him a lot of the masses are idiots.

You 100% can judge Micheal Bays movies without seeing them. They're made by a stupid person for stupid people. They're the lowest common denominator. Ninja Turtles: Bay Edition has no chance. :tongue:

...Michael Bay isn't even directing this movie! He's the producer, which is a totally different role! And another thing, Michael Bay makes movies for 12 year olds. And guess what? 12 year olds love his movies. Bay isn't stupid. His films make hundreds of millions. Transformers 3 is one of the highest grossing movies EVER! Sounds pretty smart to me.

I'm withholding judgement of this movie until I see it, not jumping on the 'I hear Michael Bay is somehow involved in this and he's literally hitler' bandwagon. That's the last I'm saying on the topic.

Edited by KingPixels

Now back on topic. I do think the movie turtle version will have a different head than the cartoon minifigure ones.

So you've seen the trailers and previews then? We know nothing about this movie except the creators. And guess what...

...Michael Bay isn't even directing this movie! He's the producer, which is a totally different role! And another thing, Michael Bay makes movies for 12 year olds. And guess what? 12 year olds love his movies. Bay isn't stupid. His films make hundreds of millions. Transformers 3 is one of the highest grossing movies EVER! Sounds pretty smart to me.

I'm withholding judgement of this movie until I see it, not jumping on the 'I hear Michael Bay is somehow involved in this and he's literally hitler' bandwagon. That's the last I'm saying on the topic.

Bay has produced some crappy movies, the remakes of Friday the 13th, Texas Chainsaw: the beginning, Elm street. plus every controversial thing about this movie has come from bay's mouth, turtles are aliens, Fox is April, Shredder is american, ect.

With motion capture being used on the turtles however, they will most likely have human eyes, with a turtle shaped face, like the video game that just came out. so maybe new mold or lego will cheap out and make the cartoon and make them movie looking

And... now back on topic?

The quality of the film really has no relation to the quality of the sets. Any LEGO Turtles is awesome, and I'm hoping that we have the chance for figures closer to the original Mirage comics. We don't know much about the movie so discussion about set and figure design at this point is complete conjecture.

Edited by montyofmusic

Yeah, I'm REALLY hoping we get the turtles with white eyes this time around! I don't think the movie-based sets would have those since they are supposed to look realistic, but if we do get more sets based on the cartoon, we still have a chance since they do have those eyes occasionally in the show. Just look how much more awesome they look this way!

8561980413_258570f688_z.jpg

Lean Green Ninja Team by Oky - Space Ranger, on Flickr

Yeah, I'm REALLY hoping we get the turtles with white eyes this time around!

The chances of that happening are actually pretty high, seeing as they made sure to include a unique variant of the turtles in each set last year. What else could they possibly do if they continued this trend?

Any chance we see a set preview or exclusive at the NYCC in October?

Sadly, LEGO isn't going to be at NYCC this year. :sad:

The chances of that happening are actually pretty high, seeing as they made sure to include a unique variant of the turtles in each set last year. What else could they possibly do if they continued this trend?

The white eyes look a little bit weird except on leo.