Sign in to follow this  
Gubi0222

Review: 75004 Z-95 Headhunter

gallery_101_23_281.gif

Here is my first review, this is one of 2013th best sets's, the Z-95 Headhunter's review.

The first time when we got the rumored list about the 1st wave of this year I knew this set will be nice, popular and very good for army builders because it won't be very expensive. when we heard about Pong Krell, everybody want to see he and spoken about those minifigure.

p1010520.jpg

Name: Z-95 Headhunter

Set Number: 75004

Pieces: 373

Price: US$49.99, €49.99, GBPL39.99

Ages: 8-14

Minifigs: 3

Theme: Star Wars

Subtheme: The Clone Wars

Year of Release: 2013

S@H description:

Battle the Separatists with the versatile Z-95 Headhunter™!

Scour the skies above planet Umbara in the versatile Z-95 Headhunter™! As featured in the Star Wars™: The Clone Wars™ animated TV series, this multi-purpose starfighter is the perfect weapon against the evil Separatist forces! Retract the landing gear and fire the LEGO® Technic shooter! Store the electrobinoculars and blaster in the rear compartment weapon rack! Includes 3 minifigures with assorted weapons and an accessory: Clone Pilot, a 501st Clone Trooper and Pong Krell.

• Includes 3 minifigures with assorted weapons and an accessory: Clone Pilot, 501st Clone Trooper, and Pong Krell

• Features Z-95 Headhunter™ with retractable landing gear, opening cockpits, tool rack and a LEGO® Technic shooter!

• Weapons include 2 double-bladed lightsabers and a blaster

• Includes electrobinoculars

• Collect a never-before-featured Clone Pilot helmet

• Fire the LEGO Technic shooter!

• Retract the landing gear!

• Stow the tools!

• Measures over 3" (9cm) high, 15" (39cm) long and 12" (32cm) wide

BOX:

On the front of the box are the fighter, the set informations, and a nice little green box with the figures and the names and it show that each are new. The box has the new green art with Yoda, LEGO and STAR WARS logo of course.

p1010528.jpg

The back is very nice with a lot of green color and pictures . The biggest one showed to us the back of the open fighter and its functions on smaller box. The other are battle scenes and down plan and side view of the fighter.There is small picture about the Yoda Chronicles. A good point, the box is not oversized, just right the bags have enough space and only a little air. :thumbup:

p1010533.jpg

Contents:

Inside the set are 4 numbered bags, stickers and the instructions. The instuctions is bigger than the half of the box, almost big as the box.

p1010564.jpg

p1010571.jpg

The first page of the book showed how should we use teh Brick Separator and the numbered bags.

p1010577.jpg

The second page tell us the contents of the bags and some warning: "IMPORTANT: Never modify the elements or use projectiles than provided with this toy."

p1010583.jpg

On the page 7,27,33,35,53,55 we get the same Yoda art.

p1010584.jpg

On the end are the parts list, a Yoda Chronicles page with a code (s4yh3y) and pictures about the sets of the wave.

p1010586.jpg

p1010587.jpg

p1010588.jpg

Bag 1:

Here are the Clone Pilot, the Brick Separator, Rubber and some technic parts. From this bag can we build the main body of the ship with the rocket launcher.

p1010597.jpg

p1010608.jpg

Bag 2:

This is the "nose" of the starfighter and the warp of the body. In this bag aren't any minifigure.

p1010616.jpg

p1010647.jpg

Bag 3:

The new 501st Clone Trooper :wub: and the engines are in this bag.

p1010649.jpg

p1010672.jpg

Bag 4:

Finally!Here ara Pong Krell and the wings with cannons.

p1010687.jpg

p1010703.jpg

p1010709.jpg

The Finished Set:

The Headhunter is perfect, it's realy looks like the original in the Clone Wars series, here is the ship's back as on the box.

p1010720.jpg

The cocpit looks nice and the pilot can be removed easily because there aren't any studs.

p1010732.jpg

We can open the back and here can put wepaons.

p1010734.jpg

The landing gear works very good and the rocket launcher too. For the fireing you must pull the little black technic piece and the launcher turn down and shoot. It is perfect for destroying ground units because it fires a little bit down.And there isn't any flick fire missiles.

p1010736.jpg

p1010737.jpg

The minifigures:

p1010741.jpg

I love all of them. The biggest attraction of this wave is the Pong Krell minifig. It is very detailed and it has painting everywhere, it look s wonderful. The second figure is the 501st Clone Pilot which has a new helmet, it has good painting too.(On my one's helmet has a little printing fail) The last one is the 501st Clone Trooper,same as in the AT-RT set. It has new phase 2 helmet nice blue printings. this is amazing and it can be one of the best (or the best) clone trooper minifigures. Each minifig has back and leg printings.

p1010742.jpg

p1010743.jpg

Ratings:

Playability: 9/10 This isn't a largest set but it has a lot of functions whiches work good and easy. It can fight with enemy's starfighters and ground units too. But you didn't get enemies.

Design: 10/10 It's looks like tho original fighter, the size perfect, not biger,not smaller.

Price: 8/10 It's not the most expensive set but it could be a little bit cheaper.

Minifigures: 9/10 It's OK but it would the best when we get one more new one like Fives or a named 501st clone trooper.

Parts: 9/10 There aren't so much new part, and they should give printed parts instead of stickers.

Total: 45/50 I think the set hasn't any big problem or deficiency. This is one of the best sets of this wave

I recommend it to everyone who want to build an army or only like LEGO STAR WARS and if you have separatist the playing would be enjoyable with this set. :wink:

Finally a comparison with the ARC-170:

p1010761.jpg

More and bigger pics: http://www.brickshel...ry.cgi?f=520516

You... you...

GAH!

Having noticed it was the only set of the wave still not reviewed I was looking forward to mine arriving today, so I could be the first to get a review in. I have literally JUST finished putting it together and what do I find? YOU.

*seriousface* :angry: SEE MY SERIOUS FACE.

Thanks for a great review. I was prepared to not like this set, because it wasn't the original Z-95 from the EU. But during the build, I fell in love with it. It was an enjoyable build, though not much original. I love the way the missile works. It's so easy to fire when you're swooshing. I wasn't sure if I'd like Krell, but in person I think he works.

By the way, Bobsy- I like your Avatar.

Excellent review 'Gubi0222', fantastic minifigs and AWESOME fighter craft......I might consider buying one of these if the price is right. :wink:

Brick On Review On 'Gubi0222' ! :classic:

Thanks for the review! Gah, I really want this set but the $50 dollar price just doesn't do it for me... the Umbaran MHC is a much better deal for that price in my opinion. Maybe I'll be able to get this set when it's a little cheaper.

Thanks for the review. I don't know if it was intentional but your pictures seem very bright, almost as if there is a glare. Your choices for the picture are excellent though. I like seeing how the ship compares the the ARC-170. You saved me from having to dig it out and build it to see how they compare.

My son finished building the Z-95 a week ago and I'd like to add that this ship has great swooshability. He's swooshed the Z-95 more than any other LEGO ship he has and as rough as he is, none of the pieces have fallen off yet.

Edited by Sir_Basil_Ashton

Thanks for the great review, seems like a really nice set! If I'm allowed to make a suggestion, the photos are really overexposed, in some of them it's hard to recon the limits of the ship against the white background, and it makes hard to discern the true dimensions and design of the set. Other than that, great review!

Nice review. And Bobsy, I look forward to a review from you as well. I make it a point to read every review at least once. I really like this set so far. You have only reinforced my desire to get one of these. I also appreciate the comparison with the ARC 170. I still haven't built mine yet. I have been a fan of the Z-95 scince first reading about it back when I was a teenager. Soon, I will have one of my own! :grin:

Thanks for the review.

As for the set, I'll probably pass on it. The figs look nice, but the ship doesn't do it for me. The shape seems too simple and common, and I particularly don't like the way they extended the nose.

As DarthPotato said, the Umbaran MHC seems a better deal, and with the list of rumored summer sets, I'll better start saving for those.

Love the ship itself but I would never buy set that includes Pong Krell. Shame.

Why not? He was part of one of the best Arc's in TCW in my opinion.

A fine review, especially for a first try! Photography's not bad, better than what I managed for my first (this year's A-Wing). You showcased all parts of the set well.

Love the ship itself but I would never buy set that includes Pong Krell. Shame.

A lot of people probably have the exact opposite thought. I agree with you, mind, I've got no use for the figure whatsoever, but I'm thinking I could probably flip it for a solid amount of dough and recoup some of the rather high MSRP.