Sign in to follow this  
Wout

News LEGO Boardgames 2013 Rumours & Discussion

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

My local legoshop let me see in the catalogue.

Moderators: Feel free to change this post. :wink:

50003 Batman

gallery_6705_159_49560.jpggallery_6705_159_119619.jpggallery_6705_159_20664.jpg

Picture from LEGO cache - thanks to GRogall

257 pieces, age 6+, 2-4 players, 15-25 minutes, $29.99 US, August

Info thanks to Artanis I

50004 Storymixer

For a short video, and to discuss what appears to be a new LEGO game concept, go here.

age 7+, 3-5 players, 20-30 minutes (no other info known)

Info thanks to Artanis I

50006 Legends of Chima

gallery_6705_159_4237.jpggallery_6705_159_50309.jpggallery_6705_159_42819.jpg

(A Tribal Battle Game To Collect Chi): 211 pieces, age 7+, 2-3 players, 10-20 minutes, $19.99 US, August

Info thanks to Artanis I

50011 Lord of the Rings: Battle of Helmsdeep

gallery_6705_159_133976.jpggallery_6705_159_29112.jpggallery_6705_159_38834.jpg

The Battle Of Helm's (Deep): 338 pieces, age 8+, 2/4 players, 15-35 minutes, $29.99 US, August (FBTB has $34.99 as the price in their set, but the card in the image states $29.99)

Info thanks to Artanis I

The last one looks much like a heroica game.

edit: coming in august.

Edited by Rufus
Updated with links to hi-res pics

From FBTB:

coming in August, we'll get 50003 Batman game, which will feature several microfigures of both heroes and baddies. They were not on display at the fair, just standard blank microfigs, but the game looked pretty good fun.

Sounds pretty cool. Can't wait to get a micro-Batman and Joker and whoever else they decide to include! Also hoping for some clever micro-scale builds like a micro-Batmobile! :sweet: Hopefully the US will get this one.

And here are some thumbnails of them:

LEGO Games 50003 Batman by motayan, on Flickr

LEGO Games 50006 Legends of Chima by motayan, on Flickr

LEGO Games 50011 Lord of the Rings The Battle for Helms Deep by motayan, on Flickr

It's very hard to make out, but I'm guessing the microfigs in the Batman game are: Batman, Robin, Nightwing/Gordon?, Bane?, Mr. Freeze, Joker, Two Face?, and Riddler.

EDIT: Well, according to this article, the microfigs are Batman, Robin, Nightwing, Batgirl, Mr Freeze, Joker, Two Face and the Riddler. Looks like I was pretty close! :grin: All I have to say is that they better make real minifigures of Nightwing and Batgirl soon or else this will be a very mean teaser.

Damn it, thought my first post didn't work. Well the second one was better anyway.

Edited by Artanis I

Click here for larger photos of all 4 new games (plus some old ones) from NY Toy Fair. As I'm typing this more pics have appeared on FBTBs Flickr.

I'll certainly be grabbing LOTR, Chima & Batman. :thumbup: Parts & microfigs look great, I haven't even considered gameplay yet... :laugh:

50003 Batman: 257 pieces, age 6+, 2-4 players, 15-25 minutes, $29.99 US, August

50004 Story Mixer: age 7+, 3-5 players, 20-30 minutes (no other info known)

50006 Legends Of Chima (A Tribal Battle Game To Collect Chi): 211 pieces, age 7+, 2-3 players, 10-20 minutes, $19.99 US, August

50011 The Lord Of The Rings - The Battle Of Helm's (Deep): 338 pieces, age 8+, 2/4 players, 15-35 minutes, $29.99 US, August (FBTB has $34.99 as the price in their set, but the card in the image states $29.99)

Click here for larger photos of all 4 new games (plus some old ones) from NY Toy Fair. As I'm typing this more pics have appeared on FBTBs Flickr.

Thanks for the information and links. I've updated the first post. :thumbup:

Amazing that the Chima et looks like the batman set. :laugh:

Actual thoughts: I kinda like the chima set, but I'm bummed that we don't get unique microfigures like Cragger, Laval, and Eris.

The batman set doesn't interest me.

The Battle for helms deep seems like a Heroica set, reusing most of the die piecies, and the same checkered board design. I might get it.

I was also dissatisfied with the Chima microfigs. Pass.

Batman- I love it! The mini funhouse is adorable! And the microfigs! Will try to get.

Helms deep-my fav. I love the little siege ladders and the Hornburg tower. Definitely.

I should add that my original source was ToyArk, somehow I missed adding the link the second time I posted. Although there are more & better photos from FBTB, they do have a pic of Story Mixer (stamped confidential and with a sign banning photography - naughty naughty).

HR images of the games

all pics link to HR versions +2000.pxl.

50011 The Battle of Helm's Deep

a_50011_box_front_800.jpg

b_50011_box_side_800.jpg

c_50011_detail_1_800.jpg

50003 Batman

a_50003_box_front_800.jpg

b_50003_box_side_800.jpg

c_50003_detail_1_800.jpg

50006 The Legend of Chima

a_50006_box_front_800.jpg

b_50006_box_side_800.jpg

c_50006_detail_1_800.jpg

Enjoy! :classic: :classic: :classic:

Edited by GRogall

Thanks for the pics, GRogall! :thumbup: I'll update the first post shortly.

GRogall strikes again! Thanks for the pictures! I want the Helm's Deep one! :classic:

As a HUGE Heroica fan, I'm sad that it seems the line has gone dead. I couldn't care less about Chima as a theme, but I like the microfigs and will probably buy a copy or two of that game to use them with my MOC Heroica stuff. Ditto for the LOTR game (it actually looks like a Heroica set, too!) though I'll get one to keep "whole" to play as well; I enjoyed the Battle of Hoth Star Wars game so hopefully the LOTR one is fun too (wasn't a fan of the Hobbit game, but again... more microfigs for Heroica!)

The Legends of Chima board game is for sale on www.shop.lego.com, at least for Germany. (I dddn't bother to change the country settings to the United States or Canada, as I assumed that it would not be available on those two country settings of the website, since the Constraction figures were also not available there and would probably be released at the same time as the board game, just like on the Germany country setting of the website.)

It is interesting to see Laval, Eris (who are good characters) and Cragger (who is the (current) bad character) microfigures but no Gorzan, Worriz or Razar microfigures, so why is it like that? (It doesn't make any sense to have only one bad tribe that is represented there and two good tribes that are represented there, as it would be imbalanced there to have this -- unless could it be that Cragger will become a hero too (my hope and wish) later on in the theme and thus stop being a villain, as this is what it seems to be foreshadowing there? :look:

Edited by Good Cragger Fan

The Legends of Chima board game is for sale on www.shop.lego.com, at least for Germany. (I dddn't bother to change the country settings to the United States or Canada, as I assumed that it would not be available on those two country settings of the website, since the Constraction figures were also not available there and would probably be released at the same time as the board game, just like on the Germany country setting of the website.)

It is interesting to see Laval, Eris (who are good characters) and Cragger (who is the (current) bad character) microfigures but no Gorzan, Worriz or Razar microfigures, so why is it like that? (It doesn't make any sense to have only one bad tribe that is represented there and two good tribes that are represented there, as it would be imbalanced there to have this -- unless could it be that Cragger will become a hero too (my hope and wish) later on in the theme and thus stop being a villain, as this is what it seems to be foreshadowing there? :look:

I think the point of the tribes chosen was not dependent on which were good or bad but rather which three were the most iconic and the most diverse. So they have the lions (a mammal), the eagles (a bird), and the crocodiles (a reptile). They could have chosen the wolves or gorillas instead of the lions and the ravens instead of the eagles, but the lions and eagles are more prominent in the theme's marketing than those other tribes, probably because they were the most popular with test audiences.

Chances are that each player is meant to play as a different tribe, and all three tribes would compete against one another. I can't know for sure until the rule book is up online, of course, but that seems like what would make the most sense from a gameplay perspective, even if it contradicts the theme's story.

On another note, I think the lion, eagle, and crocodile microfigs are meant as generic tribe members, not as specific characters, just like how the skeletons in the Ninjago board game were meant as generic skeletons rather than particular characters. The lions do wear a costume that is almost certainly based on Laval's, but the way the CHI is worn (pinned to the cloak rather than on a harness that wraps around the body) resembles the costume of LaGravis (as seen here), and the coat color resembles Longtooth. The crocodile's scales are colored like Cragger's or Crooler's, he wears his CHI on a string necklace like Crawley or Crooler, he has a male physique, and he has two functional eyes rather than a glass eye like Cragger's. The eagle has armor on his lower torso resembling that of Equila or Ewar, body colors resembling Equila, Eris, or Ewar, and a face color resembling Eglor. On the whole, I think the intention was to create composites of existing characters so they suggest more generic tribe members, rather than a particular individual from each tribe.

I think the point of the tribes chosen was not dependent on which were good or bad but rather which three were the most iconic and the most diverse. So they have the lions (a mammal), the eagles (a bird), and the crocodiles (a reptile). They could have chosen the wolves or gorillas instead of the lions and the ravens instead of the eagles, but the lions and eagles are more prominent in the theme's marketing than those other tribes, probably because they were the most popular with test audiences.

Chances are that each player is meant to play as a different tribe, and all three tribes would compete against one another. I can't know for sure until the rule book is up online, of course, but that seems like what would make the most sense from a gameplay perspective, even if it contradicts the theme's story.

On another note, I think the lion, eagle, and crocodile microfigs are meant as generic tribe members, not as specific characters, just like how the skeletons in the Ninjago board game were meant as generic skeletons rather than particular characters. The lions do wear a costume that is almost certainly based on Laval's, but the way the CHI is worn (pinned to the cloak rather than on a harness that wraps around the body) resembles the costume of LaGravis (as seen here), and the coat color resembles Longtooth. The crocodile's scales are colored like Cragger's or Crooler's, he wears his CHI on a string necklace like Crawley or Crooler, he has a male physique, and he has two functional eyes rather than a glass eye like Cragger's. The eagle has armor on his lower torso resembling that of Equila or Ewar, body colors resembling Equila, Eris, or Ewar, and a face color resembling Eglor. On the whole, I think the intention was to create composites of existing characters so they suggest more generic tribe members, rather than a particular individual from each tribe.

If LEGO was to have 3 factions in this game (thus up to 3 players can play this game), wouldn't it make sense for LEGO to have the most iconic good tribe (the Lions), the most iconic bad tribe (the Crocodiles) and a neutral tribe such as the Rhinoceroses or the Bears as the third faction? If I was LEGO, I would most certainly do this choice of tribes! :wink:

Edited by Good Cragger Fan

All About Bricks has reported that all four of the 2014 games have been cancelled, along with the theme itself. I can see the theme getting cancelled, but I can't see the three games based on themes being cancelled. S@H already posted the pictures, so I doubt that little tidbit is true. I really wanted to check out the LOTR game.

That article has absolutely no source. It even states TLG has not even commented. It also has no source for its claims of "this didn't sell" "that didn't sell" - not that I refuse to believe any of it, nor that any of it is unlikely, but still...