z_10232_palace_cinema_buy.jpg

Well over the christmas holiday I was able to find a picture of the next Modular Building Palace Cinema.

Here are things I can tell you

It's a corner Building with 2 floors and a roof

it comes with a limousine

its a Chinese stile theater it comes with at least six Minifigures

it has search lights which can be placed on the sidewalk

the overall colour is tan and light brown. roof is a mix of 1x1 round tiles in red and dark red!

the sign that says "Palace" is blue with white writing that says Palace there are also lots of 1x1 round tiles on the front of the sign in yellow to show lights.

the Limousine is black and open like a convertible

the sidewalk is very detailed!

Official Press release 18.01.2013

10232 Palace Cinema (Available March 1st. 2013, for VIP Customers 14th. of February!)

US $149.99, CDN $199.99, DE 139,99€, UK £119.99, DK 1,099.00 DKK

Build a grand premiere at the Palace Cinema!

It's premiere night at the Palace Cinema! Illuminate the night sky with the spotlights as the child star arrives in a fancy black limousine!

Gather the crowd on the star-studded sidewalk, then head into the detailed lobby with a concession stand and ticket area!

Take the grand staircase into the theater with a large screen, movie projector and reclining chairs for 6 minifigures.

Introducing the latest addition to the LEGO Modular Buildings series, the highly detailed, 2-story Palace Cinema corner building.

This collectable model features a sidewalk of the stars, brick-built entrance doors, posters, sign frontage, a tower with spires and rooftop decorations.

Includes 6 minifigures: child actress, chauffeur, female guest, male guest, photographer and cinema worker.

• Includes 6 minifigures: child star, chauffeur, female guest, male guest, photographer and cinema worker
  • Features brick-built entrance doors, posters, sign frontage, tower with spires and rooftop decoration, lobby, concession stand, ticket area, staircase, big screen, projector and reclining seats for 6 minifigures
  • Vehicles include classic-style limousine
  • Hard-to-find elements include a red baseplate and dark tan, dark red, and gold pieces
  • Seat a 6-minifigure audience in the reclining seats!
  • Play on the star-studded sidewalk, in the detailed lobby or in the big-screen theater!
  • Collect and build an entire town with the LEGO® Modular Buildings collection: 10224 Town Hall, 10218 Pet Shop and 10211 Grand Emporium!
  • Palace Cinema measures 15" (38cm) high, 10" (25.5cm) wide, and 10" (25.5cm) deep
  • Limousine measures 1.6" (4cm) high, 5.9" (15cm) long, and 1.9" (5cm) wide

Images link to HR pics +7000.pxl

a_10232_box_front_1000.jpg

c_10232_detail_1_1000.jpg

x_10232_minifigures_1000.jpg

b_10232_box_side_400.jpg d_10232_detail_2_400.jpg f_10232_detail_4_400.jpg

g_10232_detail_5_400.jpg h_10232_detail_6_400.jpg i_10232_detail_7_400.jpg

j_10232_detail_8_400.jpgk_10232_detail_9_400.jpgl_10232_detail_10_400.jpg

m_10232_detail_11_400.jpg n_10232_detail_12_400.jpg p_10232_detail_14_400.jpg

o_10232_detail_13_400.jpg q_10232_detail_15_400.jpg

r_10232_detail_16_400.jpg t_10232_detail_18_400.jpg

s_10232_detail_17_400.jpg u_10232_detail_19_400.jpg

v_10232_detail_20_400.jpgw_10232_detail_21_400.jpg

Download Designer Video in HD (29.7 MB)

design.jpg

Enjoy! :classic: :classic: :classic:

VIP members may purchase the set starting on February 14th. S@H and Lego Brand Stores!

pc_vip_early.jpg

Grogall, thanks for your information. :classic: Here's a bunch of my questions, if they can be answered.

The theater sounds interesting, but until the pictures are out, I can't imaging how it looks. The roof design is of interest, is it a sloped roof covered in round tiles? What is meant by 'Chinese style theater'? Is it of Chinese architecture with 'pointy extensions'? What is the light brown colour? Is the release date known?

That's great to hear, GRogall. Thank you for your information.

Specific questions:

- Were there movie posters, e.g. printed on glass?

- Windows on the second floor?

- The sign that says "Cinema" - how big is it? Is it a sticker? Or individual printed tiles? Vertical or horizontal?

That's great to hear, GRogall. Thank you for your information.

Specific questions:

- Were there movie posters, e.g. printed on glass?

- Windows on the second floor?

- The sign that says "Cinema" - how big is it? Is it a sticker? Or individual printed tiles? Vertical or horizontal?

There are three movie poster on the bottom floor on the left side of the building not sure if they are brick build or stickers!

The "Cinema" Sign is vertical from top to bottom

there are windows on the second floor

Chinese style, yes chinese architecture is meant!

If I can get feedback from one of the mods, I might release a picture if I get the go ahead! but not sooner

but its not very large but enough to see all the details.......

stay tuned! :tongue:

Edited by GRogall

Thanks GRogall. What is your impression about the building? Do you like it? Is there any similarity with the prevoius building in size etc...

thanks again for the photo. I donn't know what to say. It look a little bit cartoonsish. Let's see the real photos.

It's great to finally get a picture. I absolutely love the modulars (was going to pick up a third Pet Shop today just because my pocket has been itching to spend more on them and we hadn't received news on the new one for a while). However, I am withholding my opinions for now -- too many questions. Thanks for the info!

I like it - especially the colour choices. The lights are cool additions as well, and the sign looks great, apart from the strange mixture of capital and lowercase letters. And the roof is a very nice design. It seems like there's going to be quite a substantial sticker sheet in this one, which is unusual for a modular building.

The limousine, however, is one of the absolute biggest car design disasters I've ever seen from LEGO. That will go straight into the parts bin. I can't believe they couldn't come up with anything better than that.

And before anybody says anything about the Creator Expert branding and starts claiming that it can't be part of the official modular line: All the new Exclusive sets that don't belong to licensed themes, from the Horizon Express onwards, have this branding :)

I like it as well - finally another corner building - and also one with a totally different architectural style. Will definitely pick this up!

Looks quite nice, especially like the tan! I like the style and roofing as well. Any ideas as to the price?

It looks awesome, although I must ask, why are there sai on a building?

Oh, and Grogall said on Brickset that it will be €129.

Very happy with this. I notice a reddish baseplate. Dark-tan pieces are hard to get via Pick-A-Brick, so that's nice also. The round thing over the sign could be an Asian hat (93059). A few other things of the roof remind me of the new Batman Arkham Asylum.

I planned to get two Palace Cinemas down the road and modify one to get a corner-straight assemby. One window assembly takes 16 studs, so that should work.

With the size of this one, I expect the usual price range of 150 EUR rather than the previously rumored 130 EUR. The (seemingly) round 1x1 plates for the roof will skyrocket the piece count, but it could be regular cones as well.

EDIT for other things I noticed:

- a bunch of light-grayish brick-bricks (20+)

- The minifigs are: (1) a chauffeur in black, (2) a female with reddish brown ponytail, probably an actress, (3) a filmmaker photographer with Indy-hat, (4) a female in red shirt and pants, (5) a popcorn guy, (6) either an actor in black suit and white gloves or an usher.

Edited by sgeureka

I think it goes without saying that those of us who collect all the modulars would have bought this regardless of how it looked, but I must say that is one very good looking model. Given the time period of the other modulars(Town Hall computer aside...), I'm not surprised by the Chinese style of it. The limo and spot lights are a nice touch, as is the red baseplate to simulate a red carpet I would assume. I'm a bit disappointed that its a corner building though, it doesn't really work with my current layout.

I like it - especially the colour choices. The lights are cool additions as well, and the sign looks great, apart from the strange mixture of capital and lowercase letters. And the roof is a very nice design. It seems like there's going to be quite a substantial sticker sheet in this one, which is unusual for a modular building.

The limousine, however, is one of the absolute biggest car design disasters I've ever seen from LEGO. That will go straight into the parts bin. I can't believe they couldn't come up with anything better than that.

And before anybody says anything about the Creator Expert branding and starts claiming that it can't be part of the official modular line: All the new Exclusive sets that don't belong to licensed themes, from the Horizon Express onwards, have this branding :)

After I posted I went back and looked at the limo. It is pretty awful looking. I really don't like modding the modulars aside from what's on yhe sidewalk, but I may have to make an exception here. I'll wait for a better pic, but from what I can see, that car is bad.

Hmmm...

Really not that impressed by this. The building isn't particularly appealing with the 'tower' on the corner particularly ugly, the limo looks like some sort of polybag freebie and it looks like there are stickers. I wonder if the rebranded 'Creator' style means that the usual rules of modulars no longer apply as the previous ones have not had any stickers (for good reason). I won't be buying this as I don't think it fits well with the others in the line.

Looks pretty boring to me. Not a great deal of architectural detail and the mix of upper and lower case for the text is terrible. The roof would be better made from log bricks to keep it together, rather than having the plates through the middle breaking the texture.

And yes, the car (limo? How is that a limousine?) is just revolting.

That car is awful. At least the building is good!

I hope the sign is customisable enough, so that with 1x1 letter tiles we can make our own film names. Can't wait to start showing the "Brickocalypse" or "Harry Potter and the Sourcerer's Brick"!

i like it a lot. it has a homage to the Cafe Corner with the high tower in the middle (which could make a street block somewhat symmetrical if they are on either side), and introduces yet another style/era of architecture. It is obviously inspired by the chinese theatre in hollywood. im getting this ASAP.

the roof 1x1 circles reminds me of one of the features at the new LL Malaysia. (shown below) they used 1000's of them to make roofs, to resemble a fantastic array of textures and give it a worn look.

LLML28.jpg

Edited by glendo

Wow, stunning! :wub: It looks just like Grauman's Chinese Theater in Los Angeles! Anyone who has a problem with that sort of architecture should take it up with them, as it looks like it was directly inspired by that existing building. I'm not unhappy about the limo, it looks pretty good to me. It looks like an old 50's Buick. The only problem I have is that I'm running out of room!!