Kai NRG

• Propping up Historica's freedom

Member: 27955

Posted 30 November 2012 - 11:57 PM

Azc strolls leasurly through the Hall of Ancient History of Petraea University:
Posted Image

Don't forget to take notes!
Posted Image

If you ever catch me doing a stand-glass window again... for some reason, this gave me loads more trouble than the floor!
Posted Image

Posted Image

A few minifigureless shots (as I am planning on entering this in CCCX Medieval Architecture Detail as well):
Posted Image

Posted Image

This is my last University build (as there is no way I'll be able to do one before 12 tonight!), so I hope you enjoy it!  C&C are welcome!

Ageven Deraim, Lord of Auner, Representative of Qarkyr, High Lord of Kaliphlin, Graduated Doctor of Petraea University, Vice Admiral of Kaliphlin Fleet, Exalted Fifth Centurion of Ulandus

Guy K. Wynd, Pilot, Octan Corporation

Posted Image____Posted Image____Posted Image

--Check out the Guilds of Historica!--gid617--Flickr--The Brick Blogger--

"Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you shall be saved, and your house."

#2 Si-MOCs

Si-MOCs

• SPACESHIP! SPACESHIP! SPACESHIP!

Member: 16567

Posted 01 December 2012 - 02:46 AM

Hehe that first picture makes me laugh cause it almost seems like it's too small for the minifig, but would be really grand when you use the microfigs.

Very nice build, I really like how you have the writing quill. Brilliant!

The railing is also really nicely done :grin:
Posted Image Posted Image  Posted Image Posted Image
I'd seek professional help - but I spent the money on LEGO. | flickr

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide

#3 Cutcobra

Cutcobra

Member: 33298

Posted 01 December 2012 - 03:07 AM

This looks really good :). Even the minifig looks awesome!
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

John 'Heckz' Brutenhal, Level 25.3 Sorcerer, The Ghost Buster, The Super Sleuth and The School Inspector in Sandy's Heroica RPG. Hero Stats
Died as Eris on Day 2 as a loyal member of Heroica in Cruel Angel's Thesis - Downfall of Heroes
Survived as Artic Batman (Town) in Speedy's The Cosplay Party Mafia School

#4 Kai NRG

Kai NRG

Posted 01 December 2012 - 12:04 PM

View PostSi-MOCs, on 01 December 2012 - 02:46 AM, said:

Hehe that first picture makes me laugh cause it almost seems like it's too small for the minifig, but would be really grand when you use the microfigs.

Very nice build, I really like how you have the writing quill. Brilliant!

The railing is also really nicely done :grin:
Yeah, now that you mention it maybe I should have put the arch higher up!  I don't have any grey microfigs... though I could pop a few colored knights in there... :laugh:
Thanks!
@Eric, Thank you! :sweet:

Ageven Deraim, Lord of Auner, Representative of Qarkyr, High Lord of Kaliphlin, Graduated Doctor of Petraea University, Vice Admiral of Kaliphlin Fleet, Exalted Fifth Centurion of Ulandus

#5 soccerkid6

soccerkid6

• Mitgardia's moccing machine

Member: 20775

Posted 01 December 2012 - 01:29 PM

The stained glass and floor pattern and stunning and I like the stairs to the entrance :thumbup:
Nice lanterns as well :classic:
Sir Glorfindel of Mitgardia, Architect Regent of Valholl, Officer of Valholl, Treasurer of the Valholl Mason's guild, Economic Titan, Knight of Valholl, Mason Teacher, Shadow Rider, Gentleman, Farmer, and Protector in the Guilds of Historica
Here is my website: http://brickbuilt.org
My flickr: link
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image  Posted Image
John 14:6, Jesus answered, "I am the way the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

#6 Wedge09

Wedge09

• One-shot kill, one-shot kill, one-shot kill!

Member: 29763

Posted 01 December 2012 - 02:14 PM

Really nice work :thumbup: :thumbup: , in particulraly the stand-glass window :wink:

My gallery on Flickr, My gallery on Brickshelf as WedgeNT, My (tiny) collection & don't forget to visit my new blog Life in a Brick

Posted ImagePosted Image

Alexander Vandangant, 99-year-old male Elf Hunter in Sandy's HeroicaRPG

and proud member of Avalonia

Wedge09, proud member of the Rebel Alliance in Shadows of Nar Eurbrikka

Weyrdág, in Sandy's Cruel Angel’s Thesis ~ Downfall of Heroes

Come to ridiscover the Guilds of Historica

P.S: M¥ n4m3$ 1$ W3Ð9309

#7 Mike S

Mike S

• New Daddy!

Member: 26273

Posted 01 December 2012 - 07:42 PM

Hmmm, I really liked what I saw the other day but now the pics aren't showing for me. From what I remember, the stained glass and floor pattern were excellent and the overall design of the building is great as well. The only thing maybe needing improvement, as has been mentioned is the entrance is a bit low. Nice job! :thumbup:

Posted Image

Posted Image

#8 NiceMarmot

NiceMarmot

• Constellation Encyclopedia

Member: 14945

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:35 PM

Nice!  High points for me are: the stained glass window, the floor mosaic, the stair handrails, and the red carpet. Plus I think you really nailed the look of the column; the square 2x2 plates at the top and bottom, plus the 2x2 round plate at the bottom, are nice architectural details that just make it seem more real.  Suggestions for improvement: the low archway, and I feel that the window needs some framing around it - having the window flush with the wall just doesn't seem right to me.
Tafik Regex Marmota, Kaliphlin Guild, Master Cartographer

#9 Kai NRG

Kai NRG

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:20 PM

View PostNiceMarmot, on 04 December 2012 - 05:35 PM, said:

Nice!  High points for me are: the stained glass window, the floor mosaic, the stair handrails, and the red carpet. Plus I think you really nailed the look of the column; the square 2x2 plates at the top and bottom, plus the 2x2 round plate at the bottom, are nice architectural details that just make it seem more real.  Suggestions for improvement: the low archway, and I feel that the window needs some framing around it - having the window flush with the wall just doesn't seem right to me.
Thanks! :grin:  I'm really killing myself about the archway now... I was getting a bit rushed at that point - in fact, I had been considering doors at the begining.
I'm not sure how I would even begin to make a frame around the window, but that's a good idea in case I ever try one again... (having said that I'll probably end up doing one soon! :tongue: ), thanks!

#10 NiceMarmot

NiceMarmot

• Constellation Encyclopedia

Member: 14945

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:37 PM

View PostKai NRG, on 04 December 2012 - 06:20 PM, said:

I'm not sure how I would even begin to make a frame around the window, but that's a good idea in case I ever try one again... (having said that I'll probably end up doing one soon! :tongue: )
Yes, I'm not sure either. In a small build like this, you don't have room for a 1 stud wide frame, and it would look out of proportion anyway (too wide). You might be able to do something with SNOT plates - a plate height is about the width you'd want for the frame. Just a matter of getting it to attach correctly, and to stick out of the wall the right amount. Tricky. I might have to play around with that to see if it can be done.

Actually, a good option that just occurred to me is to use those 1x2 plates with door rails on the top and bottom for a sill and lintel, and then something like 1x1 round bricks on either side of the window to give the sides some texture and depth.
this piece:  Posted Image

Edited by NiceMarmot, 04 December 2012 - 07:41 PM.

Tafik Regex Marmota, Kaliphlin Guild, Master Cartographer

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Petraea University, Kaliphlin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users