Edwin Korstanje

MOC: Daf Twin Turbo 2 Dakar truck Jan de Rooy

Best EB Members.

I start whit a new Moc and it's a Dakar truck from Jan de Rooy and it's stil a MOD. Olso i build a new chassis and for proposol it's have 4 L motors and for stearing it's juse 2 servo motors

Here is a My link too mine flickr acount

I hope you allready like it

101_0101_1.jpg

101_0103_1.jpg

101_0105_1.jpg

101_0107_1.jpg

101_0108_1.jpg

101_0110_1.jpg

5078317740_6f4cc8b7ef_z.jpg

445185558_6_ka0h.jpg

Edited by VFracingteam

Pretty cool :thumbup: , but you'd probably want to flip the servos, lest you bash them in, or hang up the truck on them. Also, you might want to change the angle of the steering axis, from negative to positive caster, or nijanso might get upset about you doing it in an unrealistic manner. :tongue:

Did you get the idea of 4 L motors from effe? Looks great so far!

tim

Best Tim,

Efferman 4 L motors drive's each wheel and the mine is differend because it's have 2 motors for each axcel, but his G chassis is very good and he gives me a reason to think what i can do whit the 4 L motors.

Wow! Very cool. That tires are the best for dakar! So many white beams:)

Negative caster is bad, I agree.

Effe and Vracer, dont you think that 1 xl per axle is the same that 2 L per axle? Whats the difference? :sceptic:

Edited by rm8

Effe and Vracer, dont you think that 1 xl per axle is the same that 2 L per axle? Whats the difference? :sceptic:

the rpm is the difference

vfracingteam, nice concept but i think your center of gravity will be a bit to high. why not mount the servos like this

7514131990_72daaf1980.jpg

101_9424 von efferman auf Flickr

and mount the upper part of the the springs two holes higher, that the whole frame komes down two holes. you will be have the same ground clearance but a much lower center of gravity

and mount the upper part of the the springs two holes higher, that the whole frame komes down two holes. you will be have the same ground clearance but a much lower center of gravity

It makes caster less negative and ground clearance under the center of frame decreases, right?

yes and no

the caster will be less negative, but the ground clearance should be the same, becaus the rotating of the servos with 90 degrees the ground clearance will raise 2 holes till the whole frame is coming 2 holes down.

the rpm is the difference

vfracingteam, nice concept but i think your center of gravity will be a bit to high. why not mount the servos like this

That is a good idea efferman, i dind't found that sollution.

But the top off the main body is at the highest point off the chassis and the weight off the body brings the center of gravity down.

And the 2 L motors are a little bit more rpm with more torque than one XL motor.

I make some today the chassis less caster and get a little bit further on the body, but i am now out off white beams so i just order them today on BL so i can buildt it off.

When the front off the body is finnisht than is olso the front caster off the axcel is zero

101_0115_1.jpg

101_0117_1.jpg

101_0114_1.jpg

Here is a nice youtube film with a tribute too all Jan de Rooy Daf trucks at Dakar whit a special moment when he is faster than any Sportscars at that time and past Ari Vantanen with his 405 at 210KM/our at his meters. Watch this video and love the last Truck ho almost haved won the overal classement, if his team mate have not crashed and died and Daf stop there with all the team, if ???? :wink: The good old days where are now limids with speed and too many dead drivers :sadnew:

Edited by VFracingteam

Best EB Members,

I,am now a lot furhter wiht mine new MOC WIP Daf Turbo Twin 11 3600 from Dakar legend Jan de Rooy.

He is almost finnisht, only some chairs and some build off ware. Have somebody a idea for the front wheel arches ??? i,am fighting wiht it too give it the right shape and not see the pinholes for mine type off building. please help

Hope you liked it.

Orginal

5078317740_6f4cc8b7ef_z.jpg

101_0118_1.jpg

101_0124_1.jpg

101_0127_1.jpg

101_0128_1.jpg

101_0125_1.jpg

Edited by VFracingteam

Very nice truck!I like your combination of system and Technic, really nice.But I think it will be nice if you make arches.It looks unfinished without them.And why do you use two servos..?Isn't one enough?

Btw, what company makes this storage cases?And link, if possible :blush:

Edited by Kit Fisto

Very nice truck!I like your combination of system and Technic, really nice.But I think it will be nice if you make arches.It looks unfinished without them.And why do you use two servos..?Isn't one enough?

Btw, what company makes this storage cases?And link, if possible :blush:

Thanks Kit Fisto,

It's still a WIP, i must make some detail works on it, yust like the wheel arches at the front. I juse two servo's for indepandend steering. the most off the time you need only the front steering, just only for small bends you can steer than olso the back.

For the storage cases it's a German brand i don't no the name off it, but i buy it at story and it's name is Hornbach at contains 36 smaller boxes and 1 big one.

For mine liftarms i juse a differend storage systeem.

Greets Edwin

Edited by VFracingteam

looks good how it is :thumbup: can we have some moving pictures in the near time?

Yes Efferman,

When it's finnisht i will make a video off it

What something like about this?

th_LDDScreenShot62.png

Thanks Alasdair Ryan,

Something like that will works i think, i will try it tomorow :thumbup:

Looks beautiful in white. Another great truck.

tim

Thanks Tim,

I like white and olso blue, lucky this moc is white and blue :laugh:

Really nice MOC well done! Good to see NO pin holes too. I haven't seen many white MOCS which is surprising because they looks really good.

How much does it weigh? Looking forward to seeing a video!

Brendan

I like your approach on this one, and it is a fresh one. You also set yourself some design limitations by using studless beams only, but if that is your style, then that is not an issue.