Jump to content


Legends of Chima 2013


2757 replies to this topic

#1 just2good

just2good

  • Bothan Spy #8


    Posts: 5565
    Joined: 05-January 09
    Member: 4916
    Country: USA (Florida)

Posted 14 August 2012 - 07:05 PM

From Brickset!
I'm curious on this one... as Huw pointed out, this is probably based off of Chima indians in Trinidad. Only time will tell.

Edit by Hinckley:

Posted Image

Thanks to zidane

New Pics.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

70007 Eglor's Twin Bike

Posted Image

Posted Image

70008 Gorzan's Gorilla Striker

Posted Image

Posted Image



70009 Worriz's Combat Lair

Posted Image

Posted Image

70010 The Lion CHI Temple

Posted Image

Posted Image


Edited by Peppermint_M, 09 May 2013 - 09:20 AM.
Added Pics


#2 deskp

deskp

    Posts: 3102
    Joined: 19-August 10
    Member: 12681
    Country: Norway

Posted 14 August 2012 - 07:21 PM

View Postjust2good, on 14 August 2012 - 07:05 PM, said:

From Brickset!
I'm curious on this one... as Huw pointed out, this is probably based off of Chima indians in Trinidad. Only time will tell.

Would this be the big new theme to replace Ninjago?

Minifigure checklist from The hobbit and The lord of the rings


Posted Image


#3 just2good

just2good

  • Bothan Spy #8


    Posts: 5565
    Joined: 05-January 09
    Member: 4916
    Country: USA (Florida)

Posted 14 August 2012 - 07:24 PM

View Postdeskp, on 14 August 2012 - 07:21 PM, said:

Would this be the big new theme to replace Ninjago?
Personally, I don't think so. It has to be more action packed. I think Speedorz will be, but that wont be as successful as Ninjago judging by recent Racers, Speed Racer, and World Racer sales. :tongue:

Edited by just2good, 14 August 2012 - 07:27 PM.


#4 Hive

Hive

  • Friendsified!


    Posts: 1077
    Joined: 19-March 10
    Member: 9979
    Country: Denmark

Posted 14 August 2012 - 10:34 PM

Can we be sure that this will be a new theme at all, and not just eg. a subtheme of Ninjago?

#5 just2good

just2good

  • Bothan Spy #8


    Posts: 5565
    Joined: 05-January 09
    Member: 4916
    Country: USA (Florida)

Posted 14 August 2012 - 10:37 PM

View PostHive, on 14 August 2012 - 10:34 PM, said:

Can we be sure that this will be a new theme at all, and not just eg. a subtheme of Ninjago?
Good point. The only thing is that the next year Ninjago subtheme is pirate-oriented and it is supposedly ending next year. It would be weird if they had two new subthemes in one year, even if one is the Winter/Spring subtheme, and another is the Summer/Fall subtheme. :wacko:

Edited by just2good, 14 August 2012 - 10:37 PM.


#6 Piranha

Piranha

  • Tag! You're it


    Posts: 4401
    Joined: 07-April 07
    Member: 1506
    Country: USA

Posted 14 August 2012 - 10:59 PM

Whatever it is, I am leaning toward it being a new historical theme and not an action theme. It would be very logical, with LOTR being the Castle type theme currently and no new Kingdoms news. A new original historical theme that is not designed around Castle I think would be emmensely popular that many have been wanting for years. The last original historic theme that wasn't Castle (which I guess includes Ninja) or Pirates, I believe was Western.  

So some diversity would be highly appreciated.  :cry_happy:

Got Questions? Need help? New member?
Read the site guidelines | Index of helpful tutorials | Eurobricks FAQ

Posted Image
  


#7 Fred Daniel Yam

Fred Daniel Yam

  • Thinks dead fish can drool


    Posts: 1583
    Joined: 28-August 11
    Member: 20078
    Country: HK/Aus

Posted 14 August 2012 - 11:03 PM

View PostIron Mac, on 14 August 2012 - 10:59 PM, said:

Whatever it is, I am leaning toward it being a new historical theme and not an action theme. It would be very logical, with LOTR being the Castle type theme currently and no new Kingdoms news. A new original historical theme that is not designed around Castle I think would be emmensely popular that many have been wanting for years. The last original historic theme that wasn't Castle (which I guess includes Ninja) or Pirates, I believe was Western.  

So some diversity would be highly appreciated.  :cry_happy:
I am completely agreeing with you. But I really hope this is an Asiatic theme and that's a typo of the word China. I just really don't get why TLG would base a theme off some Trinidad and Tobago Indians. :sceptic:

"Your mind is a curious combination of insanity and genius. I simply removed the genius."

Playing as William Harkenshire in Sandy's Heroica RPG Stats


#8 Graysmith

Graysmith

    Posts: 345
    Joined: 18-January 12
    Member: 24460

Posted 14 August 2012 - 11:27 PM

Sounds like a Heroica board game to me. Waldurk Forest, Caverns of Nathuz, Legend of Chima..

#9 just2good

just2good

  • Bothan Spy #8


    Posts: 5565
    Joined: 05-January 09
    Member: 4916
    Country: USA (Florida)

Posted 15 August 2012 - 12:06 AM

View PostGraysmith, on 14 August 2012 - 11:27 PM, said:

Sounds like a Heroica board game to me. Waldurk Forest, Caverns of Nathuz, Legend of Chima..
I doubt it will be a board game as I'm pretty sure the theme is canned. The most recent ones (beside Battle of Hoth) didn't seem to have sold well, and some seem to be cancelled (P&F and Maya Mystica).

#10 Deathleech

Deathleech

    Posts: 1965
    Joined: 08-June 12
    Member: 29067

Posted 15 August 2012 - 12:13 AM

View Postjust2good, on 15 August 2012 - 12:06 AM, said:

I doubt it will be a board game as I'm pretty sure the theme is canned. The most recent ones (beside Battle of Hoth) didn't seem to have sold well, and some seem to be cancelled (P&F and Maya Mystica).
Well they do have the new Hobbit game coming out, so who knows...

#11 SonofTheShire

SonofTheShire

    Posts: 54
    Joined: 25-January 12
    Member: 24952

Posted 15 August 2012 - 12:21 AM

View Postjust2good, on 14 August 2012 - 07:05 PM, said:

I'm curious on this one... as Huw pointed out, this is probably based off of Chima indians in Trinidad. Only time will tell.
I imagine that's just a coincidence.

#12 gedren_y

gedren_y

    Posts: 1191
    Joined: 03-November 10
    Member: 14064
    Country: USA

Posted 15 August 2012 - 03:55 AM

Sorry, but you were scooped by Darth Hagrid here.
Posted Image

#13 Bobsy

Bobsy

    Posts: 280
    Joined: 04-August 12
    Member: 30040

Posted 15 August 2012 - 08:37 AM

View PostVolcanicPanik, on 14 August 2012 - 11:03 PM, said:

I am completely agreeing with you. But I really hope this is an Asiatic theme and that's a typo of the word China. I just really don't get why TLG would base a theme off some Trinidad and Tobago Indians. :sceptic:

Bear in mind they based a lot of the Bionicle mythology off Maori legends and culture, hoping no-one would notice. You'd think they wouldn't make the same mistake twice, but...

...well, here's hoping they're not going to.
Posted Image
Cuusoo Medieval Travelling Theatre!
Lend your support here!
Eurobricks discussion here!

#14 LOTR343

LOTR343

    Posts: 610
    Joined: 14-July 12
    Member: 29693
    Country: Greece

Posted 15 August 2012 - 09:45 AM

I seriosly hope that Legends of Chima will be a historical theme not a replacement for Ninjago,I hope it will include indians and spanish conquistadors,that would be awsome and finally we would get a new historical theme.

#15 Mirandir

Mirandir

    Posts: 534
    Joined: 03-September 07
    Member: 1936
    Country: Sweden

Posted 15 August 2012 - 10:17 AM

View Postjust2good, on 15 August 2012 - 12:06 AM, said:

I doubt it will be a board game as I'm pretty sure the theme is canned. The most recent ones (beside Battle of Hoth) didn't seem to have sold well, and some seem to be cancelled (P&F and Maya Mystica).

The games "theme" isn't canceled. It's being streamlined containing fewer and, hopefully, better games. And I think Maya Mystica weren't canceled it was redesigned into  that the Hobbit game.

#16 Captain Settle

Captain Settle

  • Needs eggs on his face


    Posts: 1623
    Joined: 16-April 12
    Member: 28013
    Country: England

Posted 15 August 2012 - 10:48 AM

I'm thinking this might be a new Pharaohs Quest type theme, But LOTR343, if they do use conquistadors they could use some parts of the upcoming conquistador CMF.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Check out my LEGO Space comic, A Brickish Space Comic!
Ravious Bose, Nocturnus ranger, in Guilds of Historica.
Francis Barkley, Level 5 Ranger in Heroica RPG

#17 CM4Sci

CM4Sci

    Posts: 2817
    Joined: 18-December 11
    Member: 23274
    Country: USA

Posted 15 August 2012 - 12:41 PM

Does not sound interesting.

-Sci

   Posted Image


#18 Rocketbilly

Rocketbilly

    Posts: 811
    Joined: 23-November 08
    Member: 4462
    Country: England

Posted 15 August 2012 - 01:33 PM

Sounds interesting. Maybe it's Lego's next attempt at an MMORPG again? I understand they're releasing another and we've not heard details yet - or have we? I'm a little out of the loop on this. Even if it is a game, there's no reason LEGO couldn't make sets to accompany it.

#19 Lyichir

Lyichir

    Posts: 1508
    Joined: 17-December 10
    Member: 14738
    Country: USA

Posted 15 August 2012 - 02:43 PM

I think it's a bit early to even assume that this is a new theme, let alone that it belongs in the historic themes section. If it is a theme, it could be any type of theme, be it an action theme, a historic theme, or even an action figure theme. But it could just as easily not be a theme at all, and instead be a game or movie, like Life of George or Clutch Powers. In fact, it's far too early to even assume that whatever "Legend of Chima" is will in fact be released in 2013, since we haven't seen anything about this besides that Lego has trademarked the name. It could be due in 2014 or later, for all we know.

#20 just2good

just2good

  • Bothan Spy #8


    Posts: 5565
    Joined: 05-January 09
    Member: 4916
    Country: USA (Florida)

Posted 15 August 2012 - 02:51 PM

View PostMirandir, on 15 August 2012 - 10:17 AM, said:

The games "theme" isn't canceled. It's being streamlined containing fewer and, hopefully, better games. And I think Maya Mystica weren't canceled it was redesigned into  that the Hobbit game.
I forgot about the Hobbit game. I guess the theme isn't completely canned. Have LEGO board game names been copyrighted before?

#21 WhiteFang

WhiteFang

  • Beep beep!


    Posts: 15891
    Joined: 31-December 07
    Member: 2351
    Country: Singapore

Posted 15 August 2012 - 02:57 PM

I was actually hoping to be a theme relate with oriental medieval plot.

My BrickLink Store // Sign up for Reviewers Academy // Trains & Town Reviews // Black Knights Kingdom (EBRP) // Watch out EB News!

Click here to find out more about WhiteFang


New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide


My name is Wilhalm Bloodaxe and I am back to be part of the Ragnarök Now Redux.

Lord Kenneth Valise, Level 1 Knight, 28yrs old human
Power: 4 Health: 10/10 Gold: 10
Inventory: One potion, a Greatsword (WP: 3) and a Shield (SP: 2)


#22 LOTR343

LOTR343

    Posts: 610
    Joined: 14-July 12
    Member: 29693
    Country: Greece

Posted 15 August 2012 - 03:10 PM

View PostCaptain Settle, on 15 August 2012 - 10:48 AM, said:

I'm thinking this might be a new Pharaohs Quest type theme, But LOTR343, if they do use conquistadors they could use some parts of the upcoming conquistador CMF.
yea the conquistador from series 8 is a pretty decent fig they could use something simiral if the theme is indeed based on my theories.

#23 Athos

Athos

  • Sloppiness Seeker


    Posts: 3780
    Joined: 31-October 04
    Member: 84
    Country: USA

Posted 15 August 2012 - 07:50 PM

View Postjust2good, on 14 August 2012 - 07:05 PM, said:

this is probably based off of Chima indians in Trinidad.

I would be shocked if it was based on the Trinidad myths. Seems way too esoteric for a successful line. Have anyone you heard of Chima before this post?

Sounds vaguely Asian to me.

Steve

#24 Legocrazy81

Legocrazy81

    Posts: 4447
    Joined: 12-August 10
    Member: 12542
    Country: USA(California)

Posted 16 August 2012 - 05:20 AM

View PostLyichir, on 15 August 2012 - 02:43 PM, said:

I think it's a bit early to even assume that this is a new theme, let alone that it belongs in the historic themes section. If it is a theme, it could be any type of theme, be it an action theme, a historic theme, or even an action figure theme. But it could just as easily not be a theme at all, and instead be a game or movie, like Life of George or Clutch Powers. In fact, it's far too early to even assume that whatever "Legend of Chima" is will in fact be released in 2013, since we haven't seen anything about this besides that Lego has trademarked the name. It could be due in 2014 or later, for all we know.
I concur.

I don't understand people speculating on this(or Speedorz) by saying it abounds interesting or not. You can't tell anything by the name. Sure, with this we can assume it will be some type of Indian theme, but unless you really don't like Indians, then how can this be uninteresting.  :wacko:
Clone Army-120 & counting...

GS Red Squad Relief Fund- Donate today!

#25 Maxim I

Maxim I

  • Hippy kicker


    Posts: 2284
    Joined: 30-November 11
    Member: 22634
    Country: Kaliphlanders

Posted 16 August 2012 - 02:03 PM

And why can't it be based on the Tridinidad Chima legends?
No one of us had ever heard it before, so I guess the kids nowadays haven't either...

So if it was a theme about Chima indians, it would be awesome as it is ages ago since Lego did made Indians... And this also can mean that we finally will have the Imperial Armada back!

For me, it would make perfect sense...


But then again.... TLG never used the name of a certain tribe in their themes... And as far as I know there is no movie or serie coming out with these Chima-Indians...
Also "Legends of" sounds much more Asian or Oriental to me then native American...


Also it would make perfect sense if it is just a new brick built game...

edit:
Or is it just based on the stories of autor Cinda Williams Chima?

Edited by DaMaximus, 16 August 2012 - 02:07 PM.

Lord Damaximus of Stedor, loyal to the guild of KALIPHLIN!


East Stedor  - West Stedor

Posted Image   Posted Image
my flickr: http://www.flickr.co...s/76053512@N04/




Reply to this topic



  


1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users