Sign in to follow this  
Forresto

Dalek

Now Frontpaged! :sweet:

ld0.jpg

This MOC is in honor of my one year being on Eurobricks and my 1000th post

I have been working on this Dalek for some time now. I was originally inspired by numerous large scale daleks I have seen on Brickshelf. However one especially caught my eye and the technique for their base (the part with all the shperes) is what I used for mine. However everything else is of my original design and it is still a work in progress.

In fact one problem i'm having is that I can't connect the top to the base. If anyone has any suggestions I would be most grateful.

ld4.jpg

ld5.jpg

Interior Workings

The Tecnique I used can be found here:Link

The bottom section.

ld9.jpg

The bottom of the top section.

ld11.jpg

The Brickshelf Gallery: Link

Thank you so much for viewing and all comments and criticisms are welcome :classic:

Edited by Forresto

Ahh! This is brilliant! It seems that almost all problems you encounter when building a Dalek are solved by simply making it bigger than minifig scale. I think the eyestalk's definitely the most striking part. The next step is figuring out how to make the abdomen open to reveal a Kaled mutant. :grin:

As for connecting the skirt and the abdomen. You could try inserting a few of these into the bumper at the base and just building a column straight up through the skirt to connect to the plates on the abdomen. It wouldn't be the strongest connection, but it'd be fairly stable.

Does anyone else feel like it's time for a Doctor Who Creations and Petitions Index?

Edited by hewkii9

Well done, well done, and incredible! This creation is truly stunning, and hits home even more because of my recent watching of the Doctor Who episode Dalek. I love these flying trashcans :thumbup::tongue:

AWESOME creation 'Forresto' - excellent detailing and I hope I'll see K-9 one day ! :grin:

I'm a conformist! 'Forresto' I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Oh my god!! That is amazing Forresto! Are you also thinking of making a UCS TARDIS and the new daleks??

Well Thank you very much everybody with all this positive feedback! And I also got front paged :sweet::grin:

@hewkii9

You know I reallywanted the gun section to be able to open and show a Kaled mutant inside. I even made one using a Jar Jar binks haed of all things as part of the breain :wacko::laugh:

I think that your suggestion on what I could use had gotten the cogs in my mind working fast now so thank you :classic:

@Fires-storm

It's a great episode :classic:

@lightningtiger

K-9 could be interesting.....hmmmm. The only problem I face is my cats getting jealous :tongue:

@ceroknight

The new Daleks would be an fascinating build as the whole design is a little more complex. However i'm always up for a challenge :wink:

Ooh, nice! Some parts are a little off-scale, like the head part, but it still retains the general feel and shape of a Dalek.

And yeah, it would be really great with the mutant inside. It might be a bit hard to make, though.

This is one of the best large scale Daleks I've seen Forresto! Props on your excellent work. I have a couple of gripes, mainly that the head section seems a bit thin in comparison with the rest of the creation,but that's just about the most of it really. Other than that I adore it, and the eyestalk and "arms" are very well done: EXTERMINATE!

Batbrick Away! :devil:

@indyman09

Thank you, I was actually thinking about making a little compartment in so it was being controlled by mini Daleks but never got around ot it.

@Delta 38

Thank you. I actually had already made the mutant and finished it but then it got knowcked off by a cat and I could'nt find it then...... if you have a cat you'll know what i'm talking about :tongue:

@RepublicForces

Now all I need to do is photoshop some flames coming from behind it and some skulls underneath :laugh:

@Tycho McKorley

Well thank you :classic:

@Batbrick

Thank you very much. I agree with you and it's one of the gripes I personally have about it. However I only wantto get both sections attached so I probably won't be rebuilding it to much. I might though, you just never know with these things :wink:

Hello!

The socket is a very tricky build! :clasic: It's a like a sloped cone on a heptagonal base. Great idea to use wedge plates for the outside of the socket cone. It works perfectly without any gap. :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher