Best Technic MOCs

26 replies to this topic

#1 Blakbird

Blakbird

• Technic Angel of Retribution

Member: 2164

Posted 19 December 2008 - 01:19 AM

As many of you may know, I am the author of Technicopediaand I own all of the officially released Technic sets from 1977 to present.  Besides all the officially released sets, I find myself very interested in some of the fine work that my fellow AFOLs produce.  I am thinking that maybe when my web site is complete, I will add a section to explain some of the best Technic MOCs out there.  I've listed a few of my favorites below.  This thread would be an excellent place for others to post information on any of their own Technic MOCs or others they have discovered.

• Annihilatormilitary vehicle by CP5670, two motors, 6 motorized functions, 12 cyl engine
  • Prinoth Leitwolf snow groomer by DJ Han, 4 PF motors, R/C, 4 motorized functions, V-6, drum winch
  • Abrams M1A2 Tank by Sariel, 7 motors, shock absorbers, R/C, multiple speeds, adjustable turret.  Sariel also has a large number of other fantastic MOCs.
  • Pneumatic Engines by nicjasno, full pneumatic powered engines from 3 cylinder to V-8 which run at high rpm, now also for sale
  • Case Tractor by cbp Technic Workshop.  Has 4 independent tracked supports.
  • Tow Truck by grazi, has many of the functions of 8285 but is based on the Black Cat Rig 5571.  Many functions + pneumatics.
  • Hexapodby Kevin Clague.  Ridiculously cool and unique pneumatic walker.  Not like anything else.
  • GT Car by Nathanael Kuipers made from 8466 and 8458.  Fantastic super car with gearbox, full independent suspension, engine, and gull wing doors.  this guy is incredibly talented.
  • Pneumatic Excavator by Jennifer Clark.  Wonder of pneumatic design and compactness.  Her other MOCs are great too.

If I have my way, I will build all of these, although some of them do not have Ldraw files posted.  What are your favorites?

Edited by Blakbird, 19 December 2008 - 01:20 AM.

Blakbird
Technicopedia

#2 TechnicJuan

TechnicJuan

Member: 3775

Posted 19 December 2008 - 05:04 PM

Take your pick of any one of Crowkillers amazing cars.  Everyone with a unique suspension and gearbox different from the rest. Always coming up with fresh new ideas too. He sure keeps me inspired. That Ferrari that he did awhile back is still the most popular Technic model on Brickshelf.

Just my thoughts.

Also, I think Kuiper's Supercar model is better than the GT car. He built that from the same 2 sets.

#3 Blakbird

Blakbird

Posted 19 December 2008 - 06:24 PM

View PostTechnicJuan, on Dec 19 2008, 09:04 AM, said:

Take your pick of any one of Crowkillers amazing cars.  Everyone with a unique suspension and gearbox different from the rest. Always coming up with fresh new ideas too. He sure keeps me inspired. That Ferrari that he did awhile back is still the most popular Technic model on Brickshelf.

Excellent point.  Can't believe I forgot to include him.

Also, I think Kuiper's Supercar model is better than the GT car. He built that from the same 2 sets.

They are both great models.  Mostly I just picked the GT car because he has and ldraw file for them but the Supercar is not complete.
Blakbird
Technicopedia

#4 CP5670

CP5670

• In search of litmus paper

Member: 2646

Posted 19 December 2008 - 10:42 PM

Anything by Dennis Bosman. He has been building for a long time and is very prolific. This one is especially impressive, both in terms of size and functionality.

Beat Felber has also made several great models in a similar style. The Liebherr wheeled excavator is my favorite one.

The Jennifer Clark link you posted seems to be broken, although I have seen some of her models in the past.

He also has a nice car built from only the Silver Champion parts. I've built mine into that and like it better than the stock model, especially its smoother suspension.

#5 Buttons

Buttons

Member: 4104

Posted 19 December 2008 - 11:25 PM

How about this fellow, this is his best by far (I want it!)
Now that you've found it, it's gone
Now that you feel it, you don't
You've gone off the rails

#6 TechnicJuan

TechnicJuan

Posted 20 December 2008 - 09:15 AM

El Caracho's models are incredible, but they really are not "Technic" More like Model Team... Super Model Team!

#7 CP5670

CP5670

• In search of litmus paper

Member: 2646

Posted 20 December 2008 - 06:45 PM

View PostTechnicJuan, on Dec 20 2008, 04:15 AM, said:

El Caracho's models are incredible, but they really are not "Technic" More like Model Team... Super Model Team!

There is a lot of overlap between these two themes, especially with MOCs. (which is why I've been saying for a while that they should be in the same forum category here :tongue: )

Another example of this is Lasse D's Coca-cola truck, which even has a mosaic.

#8 Meatman

Meatman

Member: 4287

Posted 22 December 2008 - 06:46 PM

This is my favorite Technic Model.

Posted Image

Paul's Stuff is just Sick. He sent me some new pics of his new Deathrace model that he is working on.... Unreal. It's guys like this who keep people interested and inspired to build.

#9 Conchas

Conchas

Member: 1449

Posted 24 December 2008 - 03:03 AM

This his an hard choice... :sceptic:

I simply love most of the CrowKillers cars, but my favorite car at the moment is the latest Conceptcar, by Nathanael Kuipers

Posted Image
http://www.brickshel...ry.cgi?f=339403

It presents a genial and gorgeous design, not running into an excessive partcount whith beams stacked over each other.

However, my best ever favorite TECHNIC MOC, still goes for the Pneumatic Excavator from Jennifer Clark, pointed by Eric in the first post.

Posted Image
FCorreia

LEGO Fan: A lifelong experience - Play Well (Leg Godt)

Posted Image
       Posted Image

#10 TechnicJuan

TechnicJuan

Posted 24 December 2008 - 03:35 AM

Nathanael's new car is Really Awesome. Crowkiller's new Concept is equally as good. I also think that the Crowman got some pretty slick features that he pulled off with it. The design also looks simple and I could see this one easily being a set. You gotta love that transmission design and I am still blown away by the Dash switch.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

It was cool that Kuipers and Crow built similar models at the same time.

I also love the suspension on this model.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Those one piece removable bodies are a REALLY neat idea. I think he may be on to something.

This model by Kuipers is probably my favorite of his

Posted Image

Man when it comes to cars and design, these guys are at the top. I can't say one is better than the other. Did you see Crow sold that Yellow Camaro for over a 1000.00 dollars last week?

#11 Blakbird

Blakbird

Posted 24 December 2008 - 04:53 AM

View PostTechnicJuan, on Dec 23 2008, 07:35 PM, said:

Nathanael's new car is Really Awesome. Crowkiller's new Concept is equally as good. I also think that the Crowman got some pretty slick features that he pulled off with it. The design also looks simple and I could see this one easily being a set. You gotta love that transmission design and I am still blown away by the Dash switch.

It was cool that Kuipers and Crow built similar models at the same time.
Man when it comes to cars and design, these guys are at the top. I can't say one is better than the other. Did you see Crow sold that Yellow Camaro for over a 1000.00 dollars last week?

Well, I guess the only way to decide for sure which is better would be for me to build both of them!!!  But neither have instructions or LDraw files so there's not much I can do.  Nathanael has Ldraw files for some of his MOCs, but I don't think Crow has any.  Can't say as I blame him since it would take forever, but I'd sure be thankful!

As for that truck with the Coca-Cola mosaic, I'd probably pay that guy $100 for just a copy of an Ldraw file for that thing.  It is glorious.

Hoping for a Christmas miracle....
Blakbird
Technicopedia

#12 DLuders

DLuders

• Technic Technician

Member: 7868

Posted 28 February 2010 - 04:37 PM

Well, it's been 14 months since this topic was discussed, so there' bound to be MANY MORE new Technic MOCS created since then that have not been mentioned on this post.  I like Jurgen Krooshoop's recent "Little Devil" RC Sportscar ( http://www.eurobrick...showtopic=38677 ) -- driving around a cool Power Functions car is what every "kid at heart" wants.

What additional MOCs do you like?   :wink:

#13 Jetro

Jetro

Member: 4145

Posted 28 February 2010 - 09:23 PM

I'd add Sheepo's Bugatti Veyron with a fantastic 7 speed sequential gearbox

Posted Image

Gallery at MOCPages

#14 Richie

Richie

Member: 3527

Posted 28 February 2010 - 11:08 PM

Among my favourites are:

-V8 Engine by Barman. Also at Youtube, but I believe you already made a MLCad file, so you know the model.
-Avatar chopper by Barman. Also at Youtube, see text file.
-Skid-steer loader by fivestarbrick.
-Excavator by fivestarbrick.
-Da Vinci flying machine by Mahjqa. Also at Youtube, see link in the description.
-Demag AC70 City mobile crane by Erik Leppen. This guy has made some other beautiful mobile cranes, and some one-set MOCs as well.

The creations of Dennis Bosman are beautiful, but I think it's closer to Model Team what he builds.

It's multifunctionomical.

Posted Image

Flickr

#15 Musikfreak

Musikfreak

Member: 3801

Posted 28 February 2010 - 11:09 PM

@Jetro: Thanks for that link. I have never seen this one before. It's amazing! If this set would be for sale I would buy it in a heartbeat.

Edited by Musikfreak, 28 February 2010 - 11:10 PM.

#16 Jurgen Krooshoop

Jurgen Krooshoop

Member: 9323

Posted 12 April 2010 - 10:54 AM

The creations of Igmar Spijkhoven are absolutely gorgeous.
Ming Thein also makes stunning models.
And people have to see Jeroen van Hove'screations as well.

#17 JunkstyleGio

JunkstyleGio

Member: 6911

Posted 12 April 2010 - 01:25 PM

It is so hard to name a favorite.

So for me the "best" Technic MOCs are:

Nathanael Kuiper's Silver Supercar
and
Grohl's 8271 Birdie

Mainly because i've got them on display myself. :tongue:

And every day i get more and more amazed by all those beautifull MOC that keep coming up!
"Some say he eats ABS for Breakfast. Some say he dreams in Building Instructions. All we know is, he's called JunkstyleGio...."
Check out my LDD Brickshelf or my regular Brickshelf for anything technic.

#18 TechnicJuan

TechnicJuan

Posted 12 April 2010 - 06:26 PM

That Bird is really cool.

#19 cbt

cbt

Member: 9751

Posted 13 April 2010 - 01:41 PM

View PostJurgen Krooshoop, on Apr 12 2010, 12:54 PM, said:

The creations of Igmar Spijkhoven are absolutely gorgeous.
They are beautiful for sure.
But aren't these more like Model Team models, rather than Technic models ? :wink:

#20 Jurgen Krooshoop

Jurgen Krooshoop

Member: 9323

Posted 19 April 2010 - 04:21 PM

View Postcbt, on Apr 13 2010, 02:41 PM, said:

They are beautiful for sure.
But aren't these more like Model Team models, rather than Technic models ? :wink:
They look like model-team, but are packed with quite a few advanced technic-functions, so for me they are technic

#21 Rishab N

Rishab N

Member: 34923

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:21 AM

How bout Sheepo's Porsche?( and his other models)

#22 dhc6twinotter

dhc6twinotter

Member: 10485

Posted 21 January 2013 - 02:26 AM

There are many great mocs out there, but here are some of my favorites:

DHC-6 Twinotter by Marpostma
https://www.youtube....h?v=V6OsDbuZIyY

GBC Ball Factory by Akiyuki
https://www.youtube....h?v=oYhAKxOlfXQ

Vampire GT: by Crowkillers
https://www.youtube....h?v=N_fRjX_LLeQ

JCB Wheeled Excavator by 696pazuzu:
https://www.youtube....h?v=iXDNVgcF_zc

Edited by dhc6twinotter, 21 January 2013 - 02:28 AM.

#23 Blakbird

Blakbird

Posted 21 January 2013 - 02:26 AM

View PostRishab N, on 21 January 2013 - 01:21 AM, said:

How bout Sheepo's Porsche?( and his other models)
Those didn't exist when this topic was started almost 5 years ago.  I'm sure the list would look a lot different now.
Blakbird
Technicopedia

#24 drdesignz

drdesignz

Member: 30676

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:46 AM

A lot of my favorites are already listed here.  I think Bricksonwheels wasn't mentioned yet, unless I missed it.  Legohaulic has some amazing creations also.  More Model Team type stuff.

edit:  I just notice how old this topic is... :tongue:

Edited by drdesignz, 21 January 2013 - 05:50 AM.

#25 jorgeopesi

jorgeopesi

Member: 11011

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:24 AM

It would be nice to have an updated list with the most representative works in each class, planes, cars, machinery, ships... so new people could see them. The way how to do it and how to agree on what would be the best is the hard part of the work.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users