BrickMonkeyMOCs

[MOC] 1:17 Ferrari LMP1 Car

29576841652_038bdef6f3_c.jpg

Here is a Ferrari LMP1 Car I recently completed, built in the Model Team/Creator Expert style. It is based on this fictional Ferrari LMP1 Concept design by Oriol Folch Garcia. The model contains just over 1,000 parts and features many detachable sections and lots of internal detail. The front section is removable and reveals (non-functional) steering and suspension detailing, and an electric motor on the front axle. The cockpit cover detaches to reveal a racing seat, pedals, adjustable steering column, fire extinguisher, and a water bottle. The engine cover also detaches, revealing a removable V6 hybrid engine within a detailed engine bay. The model was fully designed in LDraw.

Instructions available at www.bm-mocs.com. Click through for the full gallery.

29041400854_d8afc9af37_n.jpg29667924825_da038e6ae5_n.jpg29632255546_53515ef60d_n.jpg

Edited by BrickMonkeyMOCs

WoW, beautiful! Very sleek design which is even more impressive when you see how it can be taken apart. :wub::thumbup:

Edited by Jeroen Ottens

Very nice. I'm impressed by the level of detail you've achieved in a 1:17 scale model.

Edited by grum64

This build is gorgeous! :wub:

For me 1:17 already is my favorite scale...but you added even more excitement!!! :thumbup: We should join up some day, I build a truck to haul this amazing model of your... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: or a couple... :grin:

WoW, beautiful! Very sleek design which is even more impressive when you see how it can be taken apart. :wub::thumbup:

Thanks. Structural integrity is one thing you can never be quite sure of with a digital design until it is built, but there is sufficient plating in the floor of the chassis for it to be quite robust and sturdy, even with the engine cover removed. One tricky part was the top half of the front windshield, which is held in by tension from the parts above and below it.

Very nice. I'm impressed by the level of detail you've achieved in a 1:17 scale model.

Thanks Clive! Inspired by the work of builders like Malte Dorowski and Jens M (Lego Exotics), I really wanted to add as much detail as possible, especially in the engine bay, which was tricky given how low it had to be under the engine cover.

This build is gorgeous! :wub:

For me 1:17 already is my favorite scale...but you added even more excitement!!! :thumbup: We should join up some day, I build a truck to haul this amazing model of your... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: or a couple... :grin:

Looks amazing! So detailed, both inside and outside!
This build is awesome. Let's hope a real Ferrari LMP1 be as beautifull. I'm impressed by the details as this car doesn't exist in real, you had had to create all..and that works pretty good!

Thank you. I had the advantage here of some truly amazing source material, but of course the internal detailing still had to be invented from scratch.

Absolute fantastic creation :wub::thumbup:
This is really nice. Inside and out.

Thanks for the feedback and I'm glad you like it. The model makes a nice partner for my earlier F1 car, and as with that one I have also made a microscale version to go along with it.

29377012960_1250f4849b.jpg29037962254_f588be0b7c.jpg

This build looks awesome!!! Very tempting to build it one day! It would be nice to display next to some 1:18 scale diecast sports cars I have

This is absolutely fantastic! I love what you did with the yellow rims behind the black wheel covers, nice detail!

I have moved this to the Special Themes Forum, because I think it belongs there.

And I have frontpaged it :wink:

This build looks awesome!!! Very tempting to build it one day! It would be nice to display next to some 1:18 scale diecast sports cars I have

Thank you! I must have done something right if you think it will stand comparison to diecast models of a similar scale. :)

This is absolutely fantastic! I love what you did with the yellow rims behind the black wheel covers, nice detail!

I have moved this to the Special Themes Forum, because I think it belongs there.

And I have frontpaged it :wink:

Sweet! Thanks for that. I bought both flat silver and pearl gold rims, and I'm still not sure which I prefer. I did ask in the help forum about where to put 1:17 scale cars but didn't get a response. To be honest I'm still a little confused — is there a difference between the Model Team (Technic forum) and Creator Expert (Special Themes forum) style of MOCs?

Wow.... Congrats on making it to the front page it really deserves it.

Very good Ferrari, thanks for sharing! I wish Firas Abu Jaber were here too...

The detailing on the engine is especially tight. Nice Work!

Thank you. I have tried to include as much realistic detail as possible, even where it is mostly unseen. For example, there is leg space and pedals under the dash, and the aero venting really flows through the nose section and behind each wheel through the bodywork. Firas has definitely been a source of inspiration.

Wow! This is incredible. :wub: You put in so much detail! :thumbup: Do have a link to the source material? I may someday try to build a bigger, motorized version.

Thank you, and yes the source material was linked to in the OP. A large scale powered Technic version would be a very cool project.

Hey there! Great car! I see you like building LEGO vehicles, I'm running a contest you might be interested about: http://www.moc-pages...group.php/25905
Really cool how you were able to get the curves in the Ferrari. Looks great.

Thank you.

This one and your FERRARI SF16-H F1 are on my to buy/build list. Feel free to make more impressive 1:17 cars :p

I do have another 1:17 scale car in the works, though it will be decidedly less exotic than this one.

On 21/09/2016 at 3:55 AM, BrickMonkeyMOCs said:

I do have another 1:17 scale car in the works, though it will be decidedly less exotic than this one.

Any clue about it ? ^^

I just couldn't help building it.  It's still missing a few pieces but the level of detail in the build is absolutely amazing!  Please keep making more cars in the same scale :classic:

800x617.jpg

800x632.jpg

800x495.jpg

Thanks for sharing your pictures! That truck in the last shot looks amazing (and about the right scale to serve as a transporter for the LMP1). I'm not familiar with the livery—is it motorsports related? Either way, it is beautifully detailed itself.

(BTW, it looks like the engine cover isn't quite sitting fully flush in those shots. You should check that the hoses in the engine bay are fully inside (and not on top of) the two black snotted headlight bricks in the sidepod assemblies to each side.)