Hey everyone,

Here it is, after about half a year of on and off work, my new MOC, a working model of a MAN TGS Dakar Truck.

28080215341_a0e3c10c86_b.jpg

A video showing all the functions:

The chassis is entirely LEGO, and has:

-Servo steering

-4x4 transmission

-2x buggy motor drive

-live axles on front and back

-opening doors

-working lights

28158662215_7d5194cd54_b.jpg

It also has custom stickers, as well as a box for the rear, made of styrofoam board, acrylic stickers, glue, plastic sheets, and regular stickers, which took a while to perfect, but turned out pretty well in the end.

28124236586_e7a3c1098a_b.jpg

27542840394_94372c40f6_b.jpg

28080221771_8631907a8a_b.jpg

28080220211_39bc1e370b_b.jpg

27877299480_91f9dcaf89_b.jpg

27542843004_042553ec8d_b.jpg

28158666705_aa7cd95440_b.jpg

Hope you guys like it!

Very visually pleasing yet still very functional! Could we have some more shots of the underbody and front axle?

Why back part is not from technic?!

I assume it would be to decrease the weight of what otherwise may slow down the model or make it more top heavy.

I used a different model:

Well, it seems that you have used for reference a model that was based on truck from that picture. Take a look:

tgs_side.jpg

Which means that you still have cab with wrong proportions.

Like the model very much both with stickers but I dislike the video, imo :)

Which means that you still have cab with wrong proportions.
I don't understand why you are so aggressive about proportions. Yes, moving one stud here or there could possibly make it better. BUT, it is not always that easy to do so in such scale for Technic. I find the model pretty accurate and good looking. Wish the back would have been build out of something else though.

I don't understand why you are so aggressive about proportions. Yes, moving one stud here or there could possibly make it better. BUT, it is not always that easy to do so in such scale for Technic. I find the model pretty accurate and good looking. Wish the back would have been build out of something else though.

Nah, I am not aggressive :)

It is a way how I look at models, comparing it to real machines and sometimes trying to figure out what could be improved. I know that everyone would rather see comment like "great build, keep it going" etc, BUT I think that comment that suggests that something in the model can be improved is better than another empty praise.

Nah, I am not aggressive :)

It is a way how I look at models, comparing it to real machines and sometimes trying to figure out what could be improved. I know that everyone would rather see comment like "great build, keep it going" etc, BUT I think that comment that suggests that something in the model can be improved is better than another empty praise.

I am crazy too with the proportions but in this scale trucks it is difficult to get a perfect cabin with liftarms, I tried to do it a couple of times pegaso, kamaz and tatra but I never felt good with the result, maybe in this scale the answer is build deformed like in the manga :laugh: .

I see what others maen about proportions but you just have to get it as good as you can to the real thing (considering what parts you have). I like it. It looks compact, robust and you have made stickers too.

H

PS: I would have preffered it to be 100percent lego.

Great model and an interesting video. The truck has lots of fine details, is easily recognisable and goes really well!

You guys are right the proportions aren't exactly on, but it was the closest I could do due to the size of the axles. Also the back is non-Technic because it was getting too heavy, and already the truck is much slower than the chassis alone.