Gideon

[OL - FB1] Palais Royal de Granoleon

L'Aile du Pontis (The Pontis Wing) of the Royal Palace in Granoleon is where King Philip I and Queen Beatrice of Oleon have their residence.

I built this for the Oleon introduction and for the Coronation festivities mini-challenge. If you think I've not been very active on the forum or (like me) think my challenge II build were a bit rushed, here is the explanation :wink:

Finally I get to show this build to you (at least those of you who are not friends with me on Flickr and have already seen WIP pictures there. Thanks to all of you for the valuable feedback during the design phase!)

This is my first attempt at baroque architecture, inspired by the the Royal Palace of Stockholm and other similar palaces. Thanks to all of you who provided feedback during the build and I will also give due credit to my fellow LUG member Wineyard for the design elements I've stolen borrowed from his LDD creations.

26141477110_8679d10611_c.jpg

Pontis Wing, Royal Palace of Oleon

26413133055_1834f4cb53_c.jpg

Crowd greeting the King and Queen outside the palace

26322769042_2f9aa7640c_z.jpg

King Philip I and Queen Beatrice at the balcony of the Pontis Wing of the Royal Palace in Granoleon.

Congratz Gideon. You made the best build of BoBS yet.

I plainly love IT, and I like the cat that I can see the RL-royal palace in it.

I think your project turned out great! It has been a lovely ride to see your building evolve and I'm already looking forward to your next build in the same genre! Thanks for the shoutout btw :)

Now I can finally drool over this in public wub_drool.gif

It's been some amazing weeks, and the result is nothing less than spectacular!

That's how a King resides default_laugh_new.gif

Thousand royal thank-yous again for building this masterpiece, Gideon, and almost as many to everyone else involved in our Transition Process.

It's an honor serving with such a fine bunch of Oleanders default_blush.gifthumbup.gif

Vive le Roi!

Fantastic! :pir-wub:

There's much life in facades. The combination of large scale, beautiful architecture and colors, and lovely details make this a magnificent creation. I really like the second photo; it provides a great ground-level perspective and the crowd looks nice. Excellent work. :classic:

Well yes, BoBS officially has its best build so far. We are done here.

What Elostirion said. No argument.

Well I suppose we all should just pack up our bricks then and stop building.... while it is indeed a masterpiece, it annoys me to no end when builds are always being ranked instead of being enjoyed in their individuality.

Well I suppose we all should just pack up our bricks then and stop building.... while it is indeed a masterpiece, it annoys me to no end when builds are always being ranked instead of being enjoyed in their individuality.

You got a point there, but when you are absolutely astonished, it's easier to say just that then giving reasonable comments, let alone critique.

This is stupendous, Gideon, absolutely awe-inspiring, and indeed a fitting residence for royalty. (And luckily you found a king to put in there! pirate_tong.gif )

I have followed it a bit on flickr, and was really looking forward to the result, but this absolutely blew me away!

Especially the center with the large door, the balcony and the pillars (and very clever use of that crown, btw) is brilliant, but the overall composition and those windows works wonderfully too. The big "bricks" in the foundation are inspired and the statues too, large and small.

Great job! It really goes to show how much you can extort your people, if you can get them to believe in divine rights! pirate_laugh2.gifpirate_laugh_new.gifpirate_tong.gif

wub_drool.gif What a beautiful facade... so many lovely architectural details and soooo huge! thumbup.gif

The window frames especially are fantastic and so is the arch over the door, and great use of micro figures and that fleur-de-lis is brilliant!

Congrats on becoming a fellow as well!

Well, that is officially the first BoBS building I have no desire to rob and light on fire. :)

I'll simply echo the previous commenters; it's gorgeous. I'm happy just to be playing in a field that includes builders who can accomplish this.

It's been fun to watch this evolve into its current state. Amazing job all around with plenty of details that truly make it stand out as a masterpiece.

When are you going to start on the interior pirate_tong.gifpir_laugh2.gif?

Absolutely stunning! Great architectural detail, and the size! That second shot from the crowd's perspective is fantastic. Worthy of a king!

Amazing piece that's for sure!

No wonder Fernando would have liked that throne! pirate_tong.gifpirate_wink.gif