Sign in to follow this  
BrickOn

[CH2b - Cor] A very small scuffle

This is the story of, in the grand scheme of things, a very small scuffle somewhere in New Terra between two of the factions, Oleon and Corrington.

It was of course all Oleon's fault, they were sailing in what had clearly been marked as Corrington Waters, and sailing far to close to the newly discovered Island of Cocovia for the liking of Corrington.

26133885566_90373ff96a_z.jpg, on Flickr

Luckily Corrington had faster ships and upon spying the vessel one of these ships was able to head off the offending Oleon vessel, overtaking the ship and forcing her to deviate from her course. There was a tense stand-off in the water, but Oleon knew she was out gunned 2-1 by the larger Corrington ship and slunk of into the distance.

26093486481_0095e69f64_z.jpg, on Flickr

And that is the story of a very small and insignificant scuffle between Oleon and Corrington, may there be many more to follow.

(this is my first proper attempt at micro building, with a very pared down travel lego kit, in hindsight I would have grabbed a larger range of bricks, especially for making the sails, and some more inverted slopes for the ship's hull).

That's a couple of quite nice ships considering their scale, and a couple of innovative parts uses!

I immediately think about them being used in forced perspective :wink:

(this is my first proper attempt at micro building, with a very pared down travel lego kit, in hindsight I would have grabbed a larger range of bricks, especially for making the sails, and some more inverted slopes for the ship's hull).

Lego travel kit? pirate_oh.gif

Neat micros - and yes, they'd be great for some FP as Gideon suggested. The red under the base looks odd though - but I assume this is to show Corrington's claim to the territory, so it makes sense. Overall a basic entry but still pretty good. :classic:

Nice micro ships - I particularly like the Oleander vessel (does that make me a traitor? pirate_oh3.gif ) and the landscaping is quite nice too.

I like how you have the story fitting recent events.

The Corlander vessel, being so large, would benefit from one two masts more, but other than that very nice build from a limited collection.

The first picture seems a bit grainy, though. Bad lightning?

Edited by Bregir

BrickOn,

This was not an act of aggression. Our prophets told us the wrong route of the hurricane. After the vessel got pummeled by the hurricane, it had to stop at the scrappy little island to pick up new yard arms and a replenish the water supply. :pir-cry_sad:

I particularly like the Oleander vessel (does that make me a traitor? pirate_oh3.gif )

No, Oleon just builds better ships. :pir-laugh:

That's a couple of quite nice ships considering their scale, and a couple of innovative parts uses!

I immediately think about them being used in forced perspective :wink:

Lego travel kit? pirate_oh.gif

Yes I should have done that... that would have been cooler, next time :-) The travel kit is still being refined, its a stack of three clear trays each with 6 compartments, found in Tiger last month very good for the job of holding lots of smaller pieces. I'll have another go at micro scale soon.

Nice micro ships - I particularly like the Oleander vessel (does that make me a traitor? pirate_oh3.gif ) and the landscaping is quite nice too.

I like how you have the story fitting recent events.

The Corlander vessel, being so large, would benefit from one two masts more, but other than that very nice build from a limited collection.

The first picture seems a bit grainy, though. Bad lightning?

Was it fitting very recent events? I don't remember hearing about a scuffle? I just wanted to build a couple of ships and it seemed like two likely candidates, but you are right about the sails especially as the Oleon ship had two and its smaller - next time.

And yes it was a combination of poor lighting and taking the pics on an old ipad, as my phone was stolen (grrr, I'm almost over it) and that's what I normally take photos on. Don't worry, I'll use it as an opportunity to fix up a decent photography spot in the new house and learn to play with the grown-up cameras, silver linings and all :-)

Neat micros - and yes, they'd be great for some FP as Gideon suggested. The red under the base looks odd though - but I assume this is to show Corrington's claim to the territory, so it makes sense. Overall a basic entry but still pretty good. :classic:

Yes that's what I was thinking the red represented, but equally I just wanted to make a bigger base with limited bricks so i was using those to join the bricks up.

BrickOn,

This was not an act of aggression. Our prophets told us the wrong route of the hurricane. After the vessel got pummeled by the hurricane, it had to stop at the scrappy little island to pick up new yard arms and a replenish the water supply. :pir-cry_sad:

No, Oleon just builds better ships. :pir-laugh:

It all makes sense now, well no harm done, both the ships survived with barely any feathers ruffled, it was only a very small scuffle after all. And maybe the Oleon ship is better, I liked the colour scheme on that one :-)

Edited by BrickOn

Very nice microships, though I recommend to change the red colour.i understand your Corrington nationalism, but IT distracts from your cool build