SilentWolf

[Cor - Ch2 CatA] Defending Horses against Pirates

Hidden away on a remote island is a so far undisclosed new settlement. Micah and his partners have founded a horse ranch there with the intention of raising military horses for future exploration in the newly discovered lands. They also reason that if war breaks out the horses will be a deciding factor in battle. They have also discovered that the natives of the islands will be willing to trade goods and services for access to these fine mounted steeds.

They know though with the present climate and rush for discovery, the law does not always reach as far into the sea of storms as one might hope. In order to guarantee the safety of their venture, they have built some basic fortifications. The thatch roofed watch tower serves as a overlook both to the land and sea. It also enables accurate measurements for the aiming of the two 12 pounder cannons left behind to defend against any attack whether by land or by sea. A small force of militiamen, led by Sergeant Anthony Bolton, have been left in charge of protecting the horses, as well as operating the every day aspects of the ranch. They are also training to become a new mounted light dragoon unit ready for service for her majesty when she might call.

Today one of the natives has stopped by to see what horse might be available for his purchase. Other than that all has been calm. Little did they know that danger lurked nearby.

25894752365_94767cdeaf_c.jpgSAM_7255

25799788251_bac00a1133_z.jpgSAM_7259

25262017984_393ed2f81d_z.jpgSAM_7263

25894741775_5e114535cc_z.jpgSAM_7260

25894733405_57ba4cffc7_c.jpgSAM_7266

Neat little build. I love the terrain, you did an excellent job using plates to add variation, and I really like the foliage throughout the scene. The tower is simple, but it gets the job done, and the rock work is very well done.

One thing that strikes me as a little odd is the placement of the cannons. They seem to be very exposed with nothing to protect the gunners. Perhaps they could have some basic earthworks or a wooden wall surrounding them.

Neat build. I especially like the level of detail on the terrain. The fences are also really well done.

Nice job overall.

Cool build. Altough I line the fort, I think the ranch-part is better. You did a great job of landscaping, wich is not always easy using a baseplate

Neat little build. I love the terrain, you did an excellent job using plates to add variation, and I really like the foliage throughout the scene. The tower is simple, but it gets the job done, and the rock work is very well done.

One thing that strikes me as a little odd is the placement of the cannons. They seem to be very exposed with nothing to protect the gunners. Perhaps they could have some basic earthworks or a wooden wall surrounding them.

Thank you. I attempted to fix the cannon by the gate, but I definitely had issues with them overall. I shall work on them to improve their placement the next time I use land cannons.

Neat build. I especially like the level of detail on the terrain. The fences are also really well done.

Nice job overall.

Thank you. Of the three styles of fences I have attempted, this is definitely my favorite overall.

Cool build. Altough I line the fort, I think the ranch-part is better. You did a great job of landscaping, wich is not always easy using a baseplate

Thank you. I was hoping the landscaping was improved over my last few attempts.

This is a creative take on the challenge. The tower built up on the rocks looks great and the landscape is nice. Those custom cannons utilize one of my favorite barrel designs, but I agree with the thought that some basic earthworks would help protect them. You've built numerous horse-related builds by now; keep up the storyline. Good work. :classic:

I like the scene (fences, rockwork, foliage, horses) and as always very imaginative! Coupled with the other MOC for the running challenge is a really enjoyable thing to see. I will double on the cannon placement though. It feels a bit exposed and could be ommited (although admittedly it gives a feeling of sleeping power)