pombe

[SR - FB1] Absolutely Fabulous

Dramatis Personae:

Sea Rats

24369951161_932640e54d_t.jpg

Ethylene Glycol

Professor of science. A former faculty member at a prominent Corrington university, she was dismissed after failing to have her grants and fellowships renewed as a result of years of failing to publish in peer reviewed scientific journals. Railing against the scientific institution's insistence that data obtained from experiments must be reproducible and come from well controlled rational approaches to testing a model, Professor Glycol has decided to start her own university of higher learning at the Port of Bastion, where she can do science the proper way and publish in her own independent journal with herself as the sole reviewer, unfettered by the rules of the intellectually inferior.

24156803900_a3a468091d_t.jpg

Lucy Liu

Sixth year graduate student with no publications. Bitter and jaded, with hatred for the entirety of existence, Lucy followed her advisor to the Port of Bastion, because no other faculty members would accept her as a student after being already mentored by Professor Glycol. Highly intelligent and talented, she has languished in academic hell for the past six years, trying in vain to get her advisor to adopt the practices of the other science professors.

24369947911_0c08325477_t.jpg

"Motorboat" Peacock

Third year graduate student with no publications. People assume he is nicknamed after a seafaring vessel that has not been invented yet, but in fact, he is nicknamed after a thing he does with his mouth which is named after a seafaring vessel that has not been invented yet. Very popular with the ladies, he spends more time getting into the beds of women than he does actually doing any science. He followed Professor Glycol to the Port of Bastion to escape his fiancee, who was the one who blinded him after learning of an affair "Motorboat" was having with his undergraduate assistant.

24426191796_299bf13634_t.jpg

Alois Bieber

First year graduate student with no publications. As a former Olean soldier in the Order of Faith, he was a leader against the principles of science, when he attempted to disrupt a seminar being given by Professor Glycol. Instead, he found himself understanding her talk and becoming interested in the subject. Confused and bewildered, he spent two years soul searching until he was able to accept that he had been wrong his whole life. Alois then sought out Professor Glycol, explained his scientific enlightenment, and became her student.

Previously, http://www.eurobrick...howtopic=122185....

24156803900_a3a468091d_t.jpg What? That's it? You're just letting us go?

25035521585_e79bcb043e_t.jpg Lady, no one has the right to detain a party animal like Alois. He rocked our world with his singing and dancing.

24426191796_299bf13634_t.jpg LIKE A PONY!!!

24369951161_932640e54d_t.jpg Yes, yes, that's fine and all. However, there's still the matter of our ship.

25035521585_e79bcb043e_t.jpg Well...first we can't let you have the cargo. Them's the rule of the game, sorry, nothing we can do about that. As for your ship....

25009173556_f2e4ae2bcb_t.jpg ...we've decided that we like the colors of it too much. So we've decided to keep it.

24156803900_a3a468091d_t.jpg Wait, you're taking our ship?!

25035521585_e79bcb043e_t.jpg Hold on there, lady. Yes, we're keeping your ship. But we aren't total jerks. We're giving you one to replace it. In fact, it is also a class 2 trade, so in game terms, you won't even notice a difference in how it performs in the MCRA. There it is right now. The Absolutely Fabulous.

25274683531_3cc1cd8f6c_c.jpg

24156803900_a3a468091d_t.jpg It's not even minifig scale! It's just a model!

25009173556_f2e4ae2bcb_t.jpg It's called forced perspective. What do you think the budget's made of? Unlimited bricks? This isn't digital, you know!

24156803900_a3a468091d_t.jpg And it's in Corrington colors! We're Sea Rats!

25009173556_f2e4ae2bcb_t.jpg It's not like Corrington has a monopoly on the color red.

24156803900_a3a468091d_t.jpg Wait a second. Weren't you in Andromeda's Gates last week playing the hard wares guy (http://www.eurobrick...howtopic=121965)?

25009173556_f2e4ae2bcb_t.jpg Yeah, my agent got me a gig as an extra for both Eurobricks games.

25072137740_cca27f30d8_t.jpg That's wonderful! I've always wanted to be an actress!

24156803900_a3a468091d_t.jpg Who...who are you? And...where's Peacock?

24369951161_932640e54d_t.jpg She's Wilhemina Savore, the newest graduate student of the group. I've had to let "Motorboat" go, because the test audiences found him to be too offensive.

25072137740_cca27f30d8_t.jpg Call me Willy.

24156803900_a3a468091d_t.jpg We got rid of Peacock, just like that?

24369951161_932640e54d_t.jpg Yes.

24426191796_299bf13634_t.jpg DOWNSIZED!!!

24156803900_a3a468091d_t.jpg Meh, I never liked the guy much, anyway.

25249478042_25d5bc653c_c.jpg

25367738055_8409d6f421_c.jpg

24737120644_6e44e8dd0d_c.jpg

Comments and criticisms are all welcome!

oh no Motorboat is gone! That's disappointing! I didn't think he was offensive!

Seriously, I always enjoy your stories, keep up the good work.

Lovely forced perspective. And the ship is really a great microscale one as well.

Also the skies works out perfectly that way.

Great little MOC ! pirate_classic.gif

:laugh: great story! And the ship... Forced perspective worked so well! :thumbup:

Nice microbuild ship and the brick-built sky backdrop works really well, I like it.

Absolutely fabulous! Tremendous fun pirate_laugh_new.gif

Great forced perspective, I really like the clouds, neat ship. And I adore your stories, especially the 'meta' elements.

More, please!

Is that sound I hear laughter or the 4th wall shattering? Or both? :)

The story continues to entertain and a nice build to boot. Well done again.

Hahaha ! XD

Funny story as always ! Too bad you had to get rid of Peacock...

Great forced perspective and good micro ship !

One more to go and you will have an all female crew class. Love the pic with the micro ship and clouds!

Hehe, excellentt story!

That ship is a beauty! The sea and the sky look great too

A simple, yet nice build. The scene is well built, and that is a nice ship. I find the sails to be a little odd, since the main sails appear to be blowing in the wind while the upper sails are limp.

As usual the story is great! In a world with so much uncertainty, one thing I can count on is your stories being entertaining.

Bravo! Excellent! Your storytelling and fantasy is unlimited! Pity you sent Motorboat away (he is probably in a tavern drinking and shag... well, scooby doo-ing). Also a very inventive way of workaround building another ship! Forced perspective is always useful. Keep up the excellent work!!

- Wait a second. Weren't you in Andromeda's Gates last week playing the hard wares guy (http://www.eurobrick...howtopic=121965)?

- Yeah, my agent got me a gig as an extra for both Eurobricks games.

best.quote.ever. pirate_tong.gif

Haha. Ab Fab. Sounds like a TV series. Good job with the build and story telling. :thumbup:

Very nice FP pombe, that micro ship is excellent!

Story-wise, I must admit I'm glad to see Peacock go. :thumbup:

Nice AG reference!

Excellent build, presentation and story. The micro ship is beautiful and the elevated base and background are perfect for this. Good work.

Excellent build, presentation and story. The micro ship is beautiful and the elevated base and background are perfect for this. Good work.

I agree. And I think I have seen that approach to the background before...

Laugh out loud funny! pir_laugh2.gif Thanks for brightening my day!

That forced perspective is brilliantly done, something I will have to try for my own rather more serious builds.

As for Motorboat (Motormouth more like), 'offensive' shouldn't necessarily mean 'sacked'. Audiences may say he is offensive but secretly love his naughtiness.