Sign in to follow this  
Phadeout

[ES-FB1] the de la Calle departure

Hi all, My first free build of the month, hopefully to be followed by a couple more before the end of the day! This is an expansion of my sigfig post last month - sorry to be confusing for those in Eslandola who have already seen this!

Prelude: The Merchant’s Son

Alejandro de la Calle, son of the influential Gonzalo de la Calle, a business mogul of a certain level of infamy, known for his “persuasive” negotiations in Terreli needs distance from his overbearing father and a number of irate gamblers to whom he owes a small fortune.

Deciding that a fresh start in the new world could be good for his health Alejandro prepares to leave with a large “donation” from his father’s personal storeroom, including gold and jewels portable enough to transport on a ship destined for Nova Terreli. He is assisted by his valet and bodyguard, Ignacio “Nacho” Quintero.

Chapter 1: New Beginnings

“Don Alejandro, aren’t we taking too great a risk? All this wealth will be missed, your father will not hesitate to reclaim it along, no doubt, with our heads. And travelling on the open seas without men enough to defend ourselves from pirates is dangerous enough anyway.”

“Nacho, my friend, you worry too much. My father won’t miss me for a long time, and the jewels he hides away he thinks are a secret known only to him. He won’t associate their loss with my departure. And we will hide the treasure amongst the fruits and vegetables that we are taking with us. Even the crew won’t know what we are carrying. I’ll admit I hope to avoid pirates but Captain Huesos does have a crew and should be able to defend themselves. Now let’s get this to the docks”

24657097991_f45d6b0138_c.jpgP. iii Preparing for Departure by Phadeout, on Flickr

24657098971_9924bafebd_c.jpgIMAG3566 by Phadeout, on Flickr

~

“Well Nacho, once more it appears I should have listened to you. Who would have thought the crew would have been so devious as to search all those crates! At least we were able to get in a rowboat rather than over the side. Good thing we had our pistols to hand. Better for them to get the riches and survive than risk several of them dying to get to search us, one small problem though - I don’t think the boat is going to get us very much farther.”

“Don, I think I see land over there we could yet make it – although who knows how far we are from the city…”

~

24382939329_0bc492a05c_c.jpgI.ii Arrival by Phadeout, on Flickr

24455062710_86f6951d8b_c.jpgI.i Arrival by Phadeout, on Flickr

“Dry land at last Don Alejandro, we should be able to follow the coast until we reach the city, it may take a while but we should be able to manage. We have enough food to last a few days and weapons if there are any natural predators.”

“And, Nacho, we have these, I never let these gems out of my hands either, it may not be all we began with but it’ll be enough for us to get started out here.”

“Wait, what is that, it looks like an old man in those bushes.”

“Just what we need, there was enough of this sort of thing in Terreli…”

“You there! Come here, we need you.”

“Young man – although you seem short on manners I don’t normally see anyone out this far, can I help you?”

“Yes we were put off our ship by the crew and robbed of nearly everything we had – we don’t know how far we are from Nova Terreli and we don’t know the land. Can you help us get there?”

“Of course, I will be going back there shortly, it isn’t far – I was just out here looking for a certain flower for my poultices and such, if you help me pick them we can get back quicker”

“You have a deal, now show us what we are looking for.”

24750591675_2544bf19a8_c.jpgI.iii Making a deal by Phadeout, on Flickr

~

“Thank you for your help old man, I am very grateful, is there anything we can do to help you?”

“Well no, I am happy enough with my lot wandering around selling my lotions and potions around the area takes up most of my time. Being between premises has its disadvantages though – I have nowhere to store my stock so I have to carry everything with me all the time. But at least it keeps me fit!”

“Look, I know we’ve just met but I need a business interest in the area in order to start to recoup what I’ve lot at the hands of Captain Huesos. If I could find a property for you to use, could we go into partnership together, we can expand your operation so you are the premier lotions and potions man in Nova Terreli.”

“Well, it would be mud in the eye for Sr. Alfonso Quemisto and his big cart of tat! I think we can work together Don Alejandro – you can call me Roldolfo by the way, welcome to the new world!

Both the treasury and beach build are very nice.

I like the arches and the brick-bricks that break up the wall in the first, and your landscaping and vegetation is nice in the second.

I also enjoyed reading the story - looking forward for more!

Nice build, clean and well colored, well detailed, plus a good to read story.

Looking forward for more.

'Nacho, Nacho Man, I wanna be a Nacho Man' pirate_laugh2.gif

KB out

Good story and nice collection of builds. I really like the decorative gold wings for some reason. This is a promising start. Keep it up.