Sign in to follow this  
Gulagurag

[SR-FB1 Feb] The Prophecy (Special guest star: Captain Meloche)

The great jungle of the island was engulfed in flames. Bricks of her home cracked and shattered around her as the inferno engulfing the lost island of the Amazons blazed with god fueled fury. The screams of dying rang through her ears and scorching, skeletal hands pulled at her from all directions as the world erupted into madness and ash.

The oracle screamed out loud as she woke. A cool sweat clung to her body and felt all the colder against her fevered flesh. “The queen…”

she gasped, out of breath. “I must see the queen”.

Leaping from her cot in the simple room, the oracle dressed quickly and sped towards the throne room in hopes to save her people.

----

oracle%20meets%20queen_zpsc9bivo4r.jpg

“My queen” the oracle said with a bow. “I have urgent matters to discuss.” Keeping her eyes lowered, she waited for permission to continue.

“Lenora” the queen answered respectfully. “Your council is always appreciated. I welcome your words.”

Looking up, the oracles strange golden eyes met the queens and the monarch knew the news would be grave before the words were spoken. The oracle spoke again. “The gods are angered. There must be a sacrifice or all will be lost.”

The queen of the amazons shifted forward on her throne, listening to every word with stern appreciation of the sudden gravity of the situation.

“Men will come to our island.” The oracle explained. “When they arrive, we are to sacrifice that which most valuable so that our people can be spared. To not heed my words would bring the gravest of tragedies to us all.”

The queens face turned from grim to dangerous. “'MY PEOPLE' oracle. Or do you feel you can challenge my rule?”

Stammering, the oracle could not form the words to correct her misstep. Luckily for her, the queen had other matters more pressing to attend to. Turning to one of the guards beside her, she ordered without hesitation. “Fetch Amara immediately. I have need of her service one last time.”

----

Anika%20meets%20queen_zps7bbjh2ip.jpg

“Amara” the queen explained. “You have served me well and are the strongest of my warriors. But I have need of you for a special assignment that can only be entrusted to you. It has been prophesised that men shall come to the island. When they arrive, I have decreed you will leave with them and serve alongside their leader faithfully until the end of your days.”

Amara was shocked and angered by the news. “…but my liege.” She said through clenched teeth. “Are you saying I am to serve with a man?”

Anika%20meets%20queen%202_zpskuceyvqj.jpg

“Yes” the queen stated flatly. “Until the day of your death you are to honor this request.”

The oracle suddenly appeared at the entrance to the throne room.

“Your majesty” she interrupted. “White sails on the horizon.”

“Go with her Lenora.” The queen ordered. “See her off and bless her journey.”

Amara stood abruptly and marched out of the room, her sandaled feet echoing on the floor with her anger.

“Fair well…. my daughter. “ the queen whispered unheard by the departed warrior. “May the gods watch over you.“

----

Amara stood stoically on the beach, the sea breeze blowing her cape and hair back. She did not move as the rowboat came to rest on the beach and the men jumped forth. One stepped forward with a large hat and long beard. He carried strange tubular weapons with sharp knife points on their ends.

meeting%20maloche_zpsaquvnqns.jpg

“Good afternoon. What be your business with me?” he called to greet the two giant women on the beach.

The oracle stepped forward and addressed him. “I represent the will of the queen of the amazons. Men are forbidden to this isle. However, in her graciousness, she has deemed to reward you with her strongest warrior as both a gift and as payment for you to never return or aid others to return here again. Your ship will be provisioned, and is expected to set sail immediately.”

In the jungle, the army of the amazons began to shift forward, making the alternative to acceptance clear. The tension grew as Captain Meloche remained silent for what seemed like minutes, coldly staring at the oracle as if trying to read her soul.

"My business here did not involve the taking of slaves, mind-witch. Yes, I recognize you fer what ye are" and with a lurid sneer added " and as fer your gift, it 'tis not in my nature to keep the company of such a tall concubine."

"The treasures of Neptune himself are what I was seeking when I mistakenly landed on this gods forsaken land of harridans; a mistake my navigator will soon be answering fer. But..." he said, as the ever advancing amazon host brought out his diplomatic streak, "I can see some merit in adding a strong arm to my crew, and fresh supplies would be welcome. Your bargain is acceptable witch."

Turning to face the newcomer, he said "I recently lost my prize master to ill fate ("'Fate' as in his right hand's pistol" muttered his crewman under his breath) and I'd say you might fill that role nicely. Be you willing to sail under me command?"

Amara pondered the offer for a second, and then nodded her acceptance of her new role.

"Then hurry along miss. Let's put this land to our rudder straight away; we best go about finding ye a ship."

The%20Donatus_zps9l1eew7n.jpg

(The Donatus, Captain Meloche and his entire crew are the property of Kwatchi and used with his permission)

Neat builds! I especially like the ship! The beach-scene could use soms vegetation, but the ship is great! :thumbup:

Interesting story, even more interesting approach to this project. Looking forward to where this goes. Oh, and welcome to BoBS! pirate_satisfied.gif

Best regards,

KB

After reading the story all makes sense, nice introduction, I enjoyed the read :-) I wonder if anyone else will find themselves straying into this mysterious land of tall amazons.

Friends? Friends? Let's all be friends!!!

A nice story and i too am waiting for the rest of the story. As stated in another of your topics, i like this ship very much!

Welcome to BoBS!

Apart from the constantly friendly facial expressions of the friends-minidolls, they actually work rather well as tall, fearsome amazons!

Interesting story, and while I was expecting a more violent sacrifice than "just" giving her away, it works out quite well - I really don't want to be boarded by a crazed amazon! pirate_cry4.gif

The throneroom and beach scene works well, and the headpieces for the amazons are great too. Looking forward for more! pirate_satisfied.gif

Yargh! Thar be the "Friends"liest pirates me ever set eyes on yet, mateys!

Interesting and unique approach. The minidolls actually don't look bad when mixed in properly. And the story makes for quite a little read.

Welcome to BoBS and happy building. :classic: