Sign in to follow this  
Kolonialbeamter

[OL - INTRO] Olivier Thibaut

Meet Olivier Thibaut.

25039591361_abfb4859e0_c.jpg

He is a farmer's boy, growing up in a remote, rural area of central Oleon. It's a quiet and beautiful place he calls his home, far away from all world's troubling affairs. But Olivier is 16 years of age, a young man, and although still a child at mind his dreams are big. He wants to be out there. He wants to see more of this world. However, Olivier is bound by his family's values and by regional traditions. 'Change' is not a favorite term of most.

Yet ever since fantastic stories of new lands across the vast sea are spreading - along with rumors of all their promises, riches and adventures - all he can think of is travel - and new shores.

What will the future hold for Olivier? Well, only time will tell.

In fact... I will... but later :pir-wink:

Most of the freebuilds to follow will bare some connection to Olivier's story, be that by direct interaction, places visited or people met, although not from the beginning, since parts of his story are way older than the rules of BoBS, and now merging both 'worlds' will need a little time.

Also, as you might guess, this is going to be an all digital approach to this venture. Rest assured however, that it is my personal challenge that everything could be build in real bricks unless stated otherwise. On that subject, in this build the tiny flag on the fort would not work, but could be replaced by a minifigure hand or whatnot.

Oh, and here's a bird's view of that little scene.

25132877665_91a45d424f_c.jpg

Thanks for watching, C&C welcome.

KB!!

You're back!! :grin:

Good intro, and welcome aboard, but I'm one of those Corries your mother always warned you about. :pir-grin:

Digital should be just fine.

Glad to see you made it. :classic:

P.S. There's a little something waiting for you in the MOC forum...

Edited by Captain Dee

Great intro and welcome to the best faction. thumbup.gif

Feel free to post your character in the Oleon Intro Thread to sign up officially.

Done! And thanks, the best, indeed :pir-blush:

KB!!

You're back!! default_laugh2.gif

Good intro, and welcome aboard, but I'm one of those Corries your mother always warned you about. pirate_laugh2.gif

Digital should be just fine.

Glad to see you made it. default_classic.gif

P.S. There's a little something waiting for you in the MOC forum...

Thanks, CD! Good times :pir-sweet:

Indeed she did, always vigilant her credo would be 'Better dead than red!' :pir-grin:

Welcome (back) to BoBS! Nice intro! thumbup.gif

Thanks a lot Kai. And be assured the bonds with Eslandola are not forgotten.

Yipii! One more esteemed member came back! We are doing something right guys,eh?

Yäääs! More righteousness will follow :thumbup:

Welcome back and welcome aboard!

While digital builds are not my favorite (this is not a reflection on anyone's talents, rather my preference for MOCs to be in the brick), I must say that your builds are inspiring and show many neat techniques that I can apply to my brick built ones. I look forward to see what you come up with.

Thanks, everyone pirate_satisfied.gifpirate_satisfied.gifpirate_satisfied.gif

While digital builds are not my favorite (this is not a reflection on anyone's talents, rather my preference for MOCs to be in the brick), I must say that your builds are inspiring and show many neat techniques that I can apply to my brick built ones. I look forward to see what you come up with.

Yeah, that's kind of where I started with digital building, to simply try out new techniques, back in the day for my 10210-MOD... but somehow I got stuck in this medium and haven't found my way out yet. One upside is that digital building is definitely better for one's fingernails pirate_wink.gif

Cool build and nice intro. Those toys are looking great, as is the vegetation.

I, for one, is happy to see Oleon's ranks swelling, as the great fanatical empire has been somewhat underrepresented so far! pirate_wink.gif