Mike S

[COR - MRCA 1] Escape at Holders Rock

3029 posts

24780144752_a8e94f0f5e_c.jpg

The log of Captain Silas McShea:

As we passed the south-eastern tip of Holders Rock, we saw a fleet of ships in the distance sailing south down the eastern coast, set on a course that would intercept our convoy. It wasn't long until we could make out the black Jolly Roger flags and their purpose was evident. We immediately changed course due south hoping the winds would favor us and we could outrun them and after several hours it was apparent that the pirate ships were falling behind. By dusk we no longer could see their ships on the horizon, so they must have given up the chase and turned back.

EXTRA PICS:

24530430699_9791b7c574_c.jpg

24530432599_c5dcdde3d2_c.jpg

2863 posts

Just beautiful. The micro ships are fantastic and the landscape is really good. The tower is a neat feature too. Good work. :classic:

853 posts

I find myself appreciating these microbuilds very much. :classic: Makes me want to try some microbuilds myself.

10246 posts

Really nice micro; as others have said, the ships are great and so is the lighthouse! :thumbup:

2990 posts

As others have already commented, this is a fantastic mirco-build! Great way to tell your MRCA story.

1946 posts

Really neat microbuild. I like the differences between the two ships, plus the fact that the pennants are flying in the right direction. This island is a nice addition and adds some interest to the ocean. Keep it up!

3029 posts

Thanks for the comments everyone! I really couldn't think of any other way to show this scene as minifig scale would have to be really huge...pirate_satisfied.gif

4284 posts

I really enjoy looking at this!! It looks so simple, but still we all know it ain't that easy :D

7146 posts

Well, Mike, once again you show us that thinking outside of the box can give some really nice results! Is it the Black Marlin? pirate_blush.gif

The rocks are great, polished by wind and weather, as is the lighthouse and the ships, obviously! The effect on the first picture is pretty nice (for the "painting") but it is also nice that you included the clear pictures afterwards. pirate_satisfied.gif

Great work!

3029 posts

I really enjoy looking at this!! It looks so simple, but still we all know it ain't that easy :D

Nice mini build!

Thanks guys!

Well, Mike, once again you show us that thinking outside of the box can give some really nice results! Is it the Black Marlin? pirate_blush.gif

The rocks are great, polished by wind and weather, as is the lighthouse and the ships, obviously! The effect on the first picture is pretty nice (for the "painting") but it is also nice that you included the clear pictures afterwards. pirate_satisfied.gif

Great work!

Thanks! Yes that is the Black Marlin. pirate_satisfied.gif

4029 posts

wow, those are some of the best micro ships I've ever seen!