Sign in to follow this  
Mike S

[COR - Ch1 CatA] Islands of Paradise

The log of Captain Aiden Coyle. January 27:

We have gone ashore on the island we first discovered but there appears to be yet a larger landmass to the south. The temperature here is pleasantly warm and the foliage is of the most vibrant colors I have ever seen. As soon as we landed, we made straightway for the large structure that rose above the treeline. However we were forced to stop before we had even come near the place. The island is evidently inhabited and while the natives we encountered were seemingly primitive in weaponry, they were evidently a society of skilled craftsmen for I saw their clothing contained an elaborate weave and they wore finely sculptured ornaments of gold.

We left several sabres on the ground before them as a token of our goodwill and retreated to the beach since it was apparent that the natives did not want us to advance farther even though we could not understand their language. We will make camp on the beach as I am hoping the natives will attempt further communication with us.

END OF ENTRY

24463231600_4a7aea2882_c.jpg

A fantastic entry, the vegetation is superb and I really like the steps! The palm trees look gorgeous as well!

That's a nice vibrant composition and has the perfect jungle look. :pir-wub: The flowers and bushes look nice and the palm trees are superb. The staircase is a neat feature and adds another dimension to the overall depth of the scene. Your choice of minifigs is unique but they look good in that setting. Interesting story and keep it up. :classic:

Nice jungle, though I don't to much favor the pyrple. I think the buildis much better without it sir.

Great entry !

You made a very good jungle around that temple ! I like it !

Really, really cool! :thumbup:

A fantastic entry, the vegetation is superb and I really like the steps! The palm trees look gorgeous as well!

That's a nice vibrant composition and has the perfect jungle look. :pir-wub: The flowers and bushes look nice and the palm trees are superb. The staircase is a neat feature and adds another dimension to the overall depth of the scene. Your choice of minifigs is unique but they look good in that setting. Interesting story and keep it up. :classic:

I really dig the density of the plant life. Very nicely arranged.

Thank you!

Nice jungle, though I don't to much favor the pyrple. I think the buildis much better without it sir.

Thanks! The purple represents Plectranthus scutellarioides. As jungles often have colors other than various shades of green, especially for ground cover, I thought it was appropriate, and the reason I placed it on the lowest layer.

Really nice entry, Mike. I like the overgrown, yet still monumental look of the stair, and the natives are good looking too.

And of course, Captain Coyle has the proper Corlander approach to the natives - show them we come in peace, and be prepared to learn from their culture!

For Science! pirate_blush.gif

I've always been a big fan of your palm tree technique so I really like this build. Also those temple structures are really intruiging! Glad you're stickig around for more than you had originally proposed!

Great job capturing the jungle feel, MS, excellent foliage and colors, and your palm trees are just icing on the cake! pirate_satisfied.gif Wonderful incorporation of the stairs as well, and I'm really liking the posing of those warriors! pirate_wink.gif

Really nice entry, Mike. I like the overgrown, yet still monumental look of the stair, and the natives are good looking too.

And of course, Captain Coyle has the proper Corlander approach to the natives - show them we come in peace, and be prepared to learn from their culture!

For Science! pirate_blush.gif

Thanks! Yes Captain Coyle believes that knowledge is the most valuable asset one can obtain from the natives.

I've always been a big fan of your palm tree technique so I really like this build. Also those temple structures are really intruiging! Glad you're stickig around for more than you had originally proposed!

Thanks! Haha, yeah I got addicted into BoBS more than I had hoped. Strangely, BoBS has quickly become my main attraction here on EB....

That's a pretty sweet build! Great vegetation!

Thanks!

Great job capturing the jungle feel, MS, excellent foliage and colors, and your palm trees are just icing on the cake! pirate_satisfied.gif Wonderful incorporation of the stairs as well, and I'm really liking the posing of those warriors! pirate_wink.gif

Thanks you! I'm trying to add a bit more color to my builds now....

Outstanding foliage. And yes I did come back to comment again..it deserved it lol.

Edited by Blufiji