Sign in to follow this  
Admiral Admirable

[COR - FB1] An Interesting Discovery

An Interesting Discovery

24058593273_56590fb645.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The sea was calm. Admiral Admirable stood there on his ship, surveying the area while gazing into the horizon, when he spotted a small little spot in the distance that took the outline of a little island. This was when something strange occurred to him. Being the seaworthy man he was, he knew all his charts inside out, and knew very well that the area of ocean the ship was traversing had no islands anywhere around it.

Running to his cabin, hardly noticing any of his crew saluting him, he briefly checked all of his sea charts and indeed, there was no sign of any islands, small or large, marked anywhere near where he was. "But these are Corrington charts!" He said to himself. "Surely there can't be any mistake?". Confused, he set a course for the small island.

As the ship neared the island, Admiral Admirable indeed saw that the dot he had seen was a tiny island, merely a pile of sand compared to some other isles he had seen. A lone tree stood at the side of the land, but what interested him was that there was a torn down building and a small dock built there.

24057261424_a377abb264.jpg

Undoing the ships launch, he and his men slowly sailed towards the shore of the small island, unfortuantely with only one oar.

24057132134_100efb2f36.jpg

Landing on the island, he realised that on this small isle was some actual loot that could be of worth. On the island he found a strange rifle with a mechanism that he had never seen before,

24058589773_91cebbbba8.jpg

... and a barrel of blackpowder.

24659079836_1a516aeaa5.jpg

But the discovery he found most valued was that hidden behind the moss on the building, was a...

24659208576_64e671391f.jpg

Giant 64 pound cannon, beautifully casted and assembled.

24058459503_43e75349ea.jpg

Fond of his findings, he made a mental note to get his discoveries researched on as soon as he docked at port. However, there was one problem going through his head, how was he able to get the cannon onto his ship?

END

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello all. Admiral Admirable here. Here is my first Freebuild I have created for the Brethren Of The Brick Seas. Although my photographing skills are not great, I still tried my best to take a step from the last time I tried to do photography. I did also spend a fair amount of time writing up the story behind this build.

Here are some additional photographs:

Here is the entire island from a view, although I had to use the premade piece, as I had no other bricks to make a more decent looking island:

24567519202_2833febde1_n.jpg

View of the tumbledown area:

24058455133_b081c3d26d_n.jpg

Back, not extremely good looking from this angle:

24591765901_8b21696c69_n.jpg

Other angle:

24685279405_e67fc2df62_n.jpg

The whole building can be entirely removed:

24567515162_2b3b3d522d_n.jpg

...Leaving the island looking like this:

24685276205_c1e3f1f00b_n.jpg

I had a lot of fun putting this build together! hope to see all of your comments!

Edited by Admiral Admirable

I agree with Titus V good use of this tricky baseplate !

It's really hard stuff you found here Admiral Admirable ! Seriously a 64 POUNDER GUN ! That is a HUGE canon ! pirate_oh.gif

How it will go in your boat that is the question ! pir_laugh2.gif

Great to see what you did with that baseplate, that's quite hard to do actually. Also like the way you covered that cannon. Well done!

I know some people hate that Loot Island base but I've always liked it, and you've put it to good use. It does have an abandoned look, and that cannon is cool. (It's actually more like a carronade with that high a shot weight.) Perhaps you could conceal some of the studs on the base. Improving the overall lighting and not using such a strong flash would help the overall presentation a lot.

I'm curious to see what they do with the cannon. Keep it up.

Hey! I like this base! And the MOC itself is interesting! I would like to know who built this huge canon... Maybe our Oleander forefathers???

Thanks all for your comments!

@Captain Dee Thanks for the suggestions currently I do not have access to a professional camera now, hence my pictures are not of the best quality. For the studs, I feel I quite like the look of LEGO studs. Although SNOT techniques make a build nice and smooth, studs really have that LEGO look. And I like to have my builds to have that aspect. But I will take using some SNOT techniques in consideration in the furture.

@blackdeathgr Who knows? Maybe it was even built by members of even a different, older race? Anyways the findings will be researched on as soon as possible (When AA figures out how to get the carronade onto his boat).

Edited by Admiral Admirable

Thanks all for your comments!

@Captain Dee Thanks for the suggestions currently I do not have access to a professional camera now, hence my pictures are not of the best quality. For the studs, I feel I quite like the look of LEGO studs. Although SNOT techniques make a build nice and smooth, studs really have that LEGO look. And I like to have my builds to have that aspect. But I will take using some SNOT techniques in consideration in the furture.

I also appreciate that some studs are showing. It can be used as a decorative effect. Sure, there are some brilliant builds that where there is no visible studs, and I must admit it is pleasing to look at. But it should not limit what we aspire to build, because no normal person have that amount of tiles or snot pieces to make everything stud free all the time. Studs are a central part of Lego. Edited by Sir Stig

I was mostly referring to the square dark tan areas on the base. The studs aren't that bad, but the color difference really stands out. If you had some light tan to cover it, even studded plates, it wouldn't stand out as much. But it's not a big deal.

Edit: The surface of the freebuild I'm currently working on will be mostly exposed studs. I think the most important part is just being consistent, one way or the other! :wink:

Edited by Captain Dee