Sign in to follow this  
engineermax

COR - CHII - CatA The Stockade

This military installation, known simply as "the stockade" is an outpost for the nation of Corrington. Upon the discovery of the island of Annetta the Royal regiment of the 5th light Marines was sent to fortify Corrington's claims to this island. The stockade is the temporary installation meant to defend the island of Annetta. While technically a marine regiment, the 5th is more of a cross between light infantry and marines.

23550099773_0849e44056_z.jpg

23550106923_c68cb5ecac_z.jpg23881254440_6594febe0b_z.jpg

The sailors of the navy have been drafted into moving supplies into to new stockade.

24068827662_3df5aec835_z.jpg

Colonel Fitzroy, and Admiral Lynton continue to discuss strategies for defending the island from the "comfort" of the new stockade.

23550088753_926289868e_z.jpg

Edited by engineermax

i really like IT, especially the roof of that tower, but the dark brown under IT seems a bit strainge to me

i really like IT, especially the roof of that tower, but the dark brown under IT seems a bit strainge to me

I'm sure it represents some stronger wood for structure/defence, even though I agree it sticks out a bit.

Great job on this! The base looks just like it would have been constructed very fast, especially with the gate just made out of three trunks. Great job on this, it's also very accurate to the category description :thumbup:.

As for advice, I'm not a huge fan of your water: I looks weird to me having it only one stud wide. Expand it next time. It also is too dark to be so near to the coast. It looks more natural when it gets brighter, the nearer it gets to the land :wink:.

All in all, this is a very nice fortification :classic:

Nice fortress, a bit vulnerable to a sea side attack, maybe.

Good use of the tent.

This really captures the feeling of the challenge very nice. As others have already stated the fort really looks freshly constructed, I like it!

What I would suggest next time is to make the terrain slightly ascending from sea to fort, probably with each colour-swap. Also for the last picture the green plate might need some cleaning before your next build, which I am looking forward to!

Awesome little fort puny corlander! ...Bring in the oleander mortar ships!!! (What? Our great navy doesn't have any?? facepalm!pirate_pirate_angry.gif )

On a side note, i just love wood fortifications and yours are really nice :)

Edited by blackdeathgr

I think your tower is great. The dark brown just show me that it is a powerful wall and that the tower is maybe build first as a stand alone watchtower.

Great job on this! The base looks just like it would have been constructed very fast, especially with the gate just made out of three trunks. Great job on this, it's also very accurate to the category description :thumbup:.

As for advice, I'm not a huge fan of your water: I looks weird to me having it only one stud wide. Expand it next time. It also is too dark to be so near to the coast. It looks more natural when it gets brighter, the nearer it gets to the land :wink:.

All in all, this is a very nice fortification :classic:

Thanks, I do need to work on the water and any tips are greatly appreciated.

This really captures the feeling of the challenge very nice. As others have already stated the fort really looks freshly constructed, I like it!

What I would suggest next time is to make the terrain slightly ascending from sea to fort, probably with each colour-swap. Also for the last picture the green plate might need some cleaning before your next build, which I am looking forward to!

Thanks, I am still fairly new at making terrain so any comments/critiques are appreciated.

Nice fortress, a bit vulnerable to a sea side attack, maybe.

Good use of the tent.

Thanks, Yeah, it is a little small and vulnerable. The idea was that there were ships in the area too, hence the admiral.

The main idea behind the darker wood was that I ran out of wood. And it seemed better to be more uniform than have random dark ones here and there.

Very nice fort! I especially like the entrance! thumbup.gif A touch more variation - especially in height - for the landscape would have been nice, but piece limitations are understandable!

Great entry! The forty looks sturdy enough, while still maintaining a look of being quickly erected, and I like the tower and the gun position.

With mainly smaller vessels in these waters, a land-based (and thus stable and unsinkable) cannon like this (probably an 18-pounder or so) would be a challenge to most vessels. Further, the layout suggest one or more cannon emplacements to the right.

I like your landscaping, with the different colours from water, wet sand, dry sand and grass, although I will echo others in suggesting more height variation. Currently, even the smallest waves would roll into the fort! ;)

The internal layout is nice too, and I like the use of those helmets! Keep up the good work!

Lovely fort/stockade. The layout is nice and I really like the wooden tower. The terrain is pretty simple though, and more exposed water would be nice. But you have plenty details and all the activity going on is great. A few modifications to a scene like this, specifically elevating everything above the water with a rocky shore or big dunes, would make it so much more convincing. Good job overall.

This is a great little fort, just what is needed to give you a secure night's sleep in a strange land. The gate and roof are particularly clever, and there's loads going on in a small space. Did you make that wonderful tent yourself? I have no problem with the different wood colours, which I think is normal in a newly built structure, but I think a Spring tide or storm at sea might cause the residents to have wet boots!