Sign in to follow this  
Simon_S

CH 1B: Exploring the New World

Simon: "Marcello, do you have enough rum with you for our trip?"

Marcello: "Tell me Simon: When was the last time we didn't have enough? As far as I remember..."

Simon: "Haha, you had so much rum, that you don't remember anything! But I have to admit... you're right. I always worry way too much when we start something exciting."

Marcello: "Hey, have you seen that island there. It looks rather lonely. Let's go and check it out!"

So they climbed in their small lifeboat, threw all that useless stuff out and loaded it with rum. They took a soldier with them, so they wouldn't have to do all the stressful and laborious rowing. And then they arrived...

23563496624_8412bf89a5_z.jpg

Marcello: "Look, my mom made us an apple pie. I thought I'd bring it here so we can share it."

Simon: "Eating is everything you can think of right now? We just discovered a new island. There's more important stuff to do right now. We need to fly the flag of Corrington, before those greenhorns from Eslandola or the boozed Oleanders arrive."

Marcello: "Yeah, that's a really good idea. I'll get the flag. And then we can clink our rum bottles and enjoy our apple pie..."

23563485534_118088d8b3_z.jpg

Thanks for looking! The palm tree on the right is inspired by cara.

This is my entry to Challenge 1B. I know I'm very early, but you have to make the best out of the vacations as long as you have them ;-). Greetings from Switzerland and have a nice day!

Simon di Svizzera

P.S. Thank you for all constructive critism :-)

Lovely water-technique! Altough the vegetation is Nice too, that's the star of your great MOC!

Very nice build, especially the water and the vegetation :classic:

In spirit of always providing constructive feedback I can point out that the edge of the water probably would have looked better if the SNOTed water covered the plates underneath also at the edge.

Excellent build Simon, as others have said, that water technique is great! pirate_wink.gif Very nice landscaping, foliage, and palm trees as well, and I like the idea of bringing the soldier along to do all your work, I'll have to remember that! pirate_laugh_new.gif I'm afraid I can't see much I would change here... so I'll just say ditto to what Gideon said pirate_tong.gifpir_laugh2.gif

I cast my vote on the water! It is absolutely perfect! And as always, these two sigfigs are my favorites! Especially the Afro-hair-bracelet-wearing-awesome-torso dude (Marcello)!

To Oleanders: Psssst! They are so drunk they don't know we have planted a bigger, more colorful flag at the other side of the island... Let them be merry on their dizziness...

Edited by blackdeathgr

Very good challenge build. The beach and trees are fantastic and the water technique is an excellent way of showing the graduall change in depth. I also think it would look a little better if the edges of the lower plates were concealed but other than that this is a fine entry. Keep it up.

I have a feeling this will be an amusing duo to follow for the times to come! I only hope their merriment will not be to the detriment of Corrington! pirate_oh.gif

I have to agree with the others - this is a great package of a build. It is well-photographed, the story is well-written and amusing, and the build itself exhibits great skill. About the edge of the water: Perhaps blue instead of tan underneath the light blue layer would fix the issue? Right now it looks to me like VERY shallow water pirate_blush.gif

Lovely water-technique! Altough the vegetation is Nice too, that's the star of your great MOC!

Thank you! Just got 1000 more of those trans-clear 1x2 for my next big castle/GoH build pirate_blush.gif.

Very nice vig, the water transition is great! thumbup.gif

Thanks mate :-).

Such a lovely build! Love the vegetation, but the water is the real highlight here.

Thank you.

Very nice build, especially the water and the vegetation :classic:

In spirit of always providing constructive feedback I can point out that the edge of the water probably would have looked better if the SNOTed water covered the plates underneath also at the edge.

Thanks Gideon. I have to agree that it might have looked better. I was afraid that it would look too much like ice and not water if I did that, so that were my thoughts behind it. I will give it a shot when I use this technique on an irregular base next time.

Excellent build Simon, as others have said, that water technique is great! pirate_wink.gif Very nice landscaping, foliage, and palm trees as well, and I like the idea of bringing the soldier along to do all your work, I'll have to remember that! pirate_laugh_new.gif I'm afraid I can't see much I would change here... so I'll just say ditto to what Gideon said pirate_tong.gifpir_laugh2.gif

Haha, thanks for the kind words Garmadon pirate_classic.gif.

I cast my vote on the water! It is absolutely perfect! And as always, these two sigfigs are my favorites! Especially the Afro-hair-bracelet-wearing-awesome-torso dude (Marcello)!

To Oleanders: Psssst! They are so drunk they don't know we have planted a bigger, more colorful flag at the other side of the island... Let them be merry on their dizziness...

Haha, thanks man pirate_classic.gif

Very good challenge build. The beach and trees are fantastic and the water technique is an excellent way of showing the graduall change in depth. I also think it would look a little better if the edges of the lower plates were concealed but other than that this is a fine entry. Keep it up.

Thanks Captain for the comment and the advice.

I have a feeling this will be an amusing duo to follow for the times to come! I only hope their merriment will not be to the detriment of Corrington! pirate_oh.gif

I have to agree with the others - this is a great package of a build. It is well-photographed, the story is well-written and amusing, and the build itself exhibits great skill. About the edge of the water: Perhaps blue instead of tan underneath the light blue layer would fix the issue? Right now it looks to me like VERY shallow water pirate_blush.gif

Hello? Simon and Marcello would never do something that brings a detriment to Corrington, they are way too serious for things like that :innocent:.

Blue sounds actually quite good, I'll give it a try next time. Thanks for the advice!