TheBrickPal

LEGO Dimensions Discussion

27489144451_05b99b9a73_o_d.jpg

STARTER PACKS (Batman, Gandalf, Wyldstyle, Batmobile, game, Toy Pad and portal add-on)

-71170 PS3

-71171 PS4

-71172 Xbox One

-71173 Xbox 360

-71174 Wii U

71174-1.jpg?201510140806

Four pack types:

-Fun Packs ($11.99): Includes minifigure and vehicle/gadget

-Team Packs ($24.99): Includes two minifigures and two vehicles and/or gadgets

-Level Packs ($29.99): Includes minifigure, two vehicles and/or gadgets and exclusive game level

-Story Packs ($49.99): Introduced in year two; includes minifigure, vehicle, Toy Pad add-on and six exclusive game levels

YEAR 1

Fun Packs:

Wave 1

-71209 Wonder Woman (Invisible Jet)

-71210 Cyborg (Cyber-Guard)

-71212 Emmet (Emmet's Excavator)

-71213 Bad Cop (Police Car)

-71214 Benny (Benny's Spaceship)

-71215 Jay (Storm Fighter)

-71256 Nya (Samurai Mech)

-71217 Zane (NinjaCopter)

-71218 Gollum (Shelob the Great)

-71219 Legolas (Arrow Launcher)

-71220 Gimli (Axe Chariot)

-71221 Wicked Witch (Winged Monkey)

-71222 Laval (Mighty Lion Rider)

-71223 Cragger (Swamp Skimmer)

-71232 Eris (Eagle Interceptor)

Wave 2

-71211 Bart (Gravity Sprinter)

-71227 Krusty (Clown Bike)

-71231 Unikitty (Cloud Cuckoo Car)

Wave 3

-71230 Doc Brown (Traveling Time Train)

-71233 Stay Puft (Terror Dog)

-71234 Sensei Wu (Flying White Dragon)

-71236 Superman (Hover Pod)

-71237 Aquaman (Aqua Watercraft)

Wave 4

-71238 Cyberman (Dalek)

Wave 5

-71239 Lloyd (Lloyd's Golden Dragon)

-71240 Bane (Drill Driver)

-71241 Slimer (Slime Shooter)

Team Packs:

Wave 1

-71205 Jurassic World (Owen and ACU, Velociraptor and Gyrosphere)

-71206 Scooby-Doo (Scooby-Doo and Shaggy, Scooby Snack and Mystery Machine)

-71207 Ninjago (Cole and Kai, Boulder Bomber and Blade Bike)

Wave 3

-71229 DC Comics (The Joker and Harley Quinn, The Joker's Chopper and Quinn-mobile)

Level Packs:

Wave 1

-71201 Back to the Future (Marty McFly, DeLorean Time Machine and Hoverboard; A Hill Valley Time Travel Adventure)

-71202 The Simpsons (Homer, Homer's Car and Taunt-o-Vision; A Springfield Adventure)

-71203 Portal 2 (Chell, Sentry Turret and Companion Cube; A Portal 2 Adventure)

Wave 2

-71204 Doctor Who (The Doctor, TARDIS and K-9; An Adventure in Space and Time)

Wave 3

-71228 Ghostbusters (Peter Venkman, Ecto-1 and Ghost Trap; A Spook Central Adventure)

Wave 4

-71235 Midway Arcade (Gamer Kid, Arcade Machine and G-6155 Spy Hunter; Over 20 Classic Arcade Games)

YEAR 2

Fun Packs:

Wave 6

-71251 B.A. Baracus (B.A.'s Van)

Unknown wave

-71249 Marceline the Vampire Queen (unknown vehicle/gadget)

Team Packs:

Wave 6

-71246 Adventure Time (Jake the Dog and Lumpy Space Princess, BMO and Lumpy Car)

-71247 Harry Potter (Harry Potter and Lord Voldemort, Enchanted Car and Hogwarts Express)

Unknown wave

-71256 Gremlins (Gizmo and Stripe)

Level Packs:

Wave 6

-71244 Sonic the Hedgehog (Sonic, Tornado; unknown game level)

-71245 Adventure Time (Finn the Human, Jakemobile and Ancient War Elephant; Battle evil in the Land of Ooo!)

-71248 Mission: Impossible (Ethan Hunt, IMF Scrambler and IMF Sports Car; Your mission, should you choose to accept it...)

Story Packs:

Wave 6

-71242 New Ghostbusters (Abby Yates, Ecto-1 and Zhu's Chinese Restaurant add-on; Play the Complete Movie)

Wave 7

-Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (Newt Scamander and unknown add-on)

Unknown wave

-The LEGO Batman Movie (unknown minifigure and unknown add-on)

Connectables:

Edited by Puffle Pal26
Added trailer

As an Amiibo collector that absolutely loves the concept, this is like a gift from God.

It's about time they do this, I'm surprised they haven't done it sooner. Anyways, I'm really looking forward to this, and I imagine it will be a hit. This is really going to push Skylanders as it will probably become its biggest competition. I imagine the easiest way to sell characters is through minifig packs, but anything's possible. I think it would be cool if actual sets include something that can be used to play with in the game.

Sounds fun, can't wait for more details!

Seriously? Is everyone just trying to copy each other now?

Yes, and I would say if true.......it would be to do with either DC Super Heroes or The Lego Movie......just a hunch. :blush:

Yes, and I would say if true.......it would be to do with either DC Super Heroes or The Lego Movie......just a hunch. :blush:

I actually expected this sort of game when the LEGO Movie was released and was dissapointed when it wasn't. It wouldn't make any sense to make a game based on a movie released almost two years prior. I'd say that DC Superheroes will definitely play a part...and if WB wants to promote Fantastical Beasts, we might even get a HP pack! :excited:

I think, we might get a pack for every Lego theme that is out right now, and they will expand every year.

Yes, but is there going to be a game/enough games to encompass all Lego themes presently available at the time?

The answer is no.

Unless Lego goes along the lines of Skylanders or Disney Infinity, the idea of having all present themes covered seems more plausible, but if Lego Dimension's is more game specific like Amiibo, then all bets are off as that would require 20+ games per year.

It purely depends on Lego's approach to the market. Just don't get your hopes up.

Well, these have been floating around the other threads, but no one's posted them here.

11070987_10153246095067437_1703131506203687961_n.png?oh=fb751d5c2883270ad534b5faec161a0f&oe=559D92FA

11146211_757664894331939_3183964653958980690_n.png?oh=506c1f7fcc0b0e94a3afab8050167717&oe=55ABA1F4&__gda__=1437638217_89d41b3d6c91cdcafec2d2338dc8d123

11108943_10152806085519007_7588675714685754060_n.png?oh=2b94b54498691d64c99fa27e963e1321&oe=55A7CD75&__gda__=1436884340_081008633b6eeb1f1724e6ef18e2f518

10177472_948703315141506_2258038663784078099_n.jpg?oh=82230d4b45ac97c7d480144627f6945e&oe=55AF7C01

So far, we have teasers from The LEGO Movie, The Hobbit/LotR, DC Comics, and BTTF. There's no way these aren't teasers for Dimensions.

Mods, please resize. It won't let me post when I do so.

Since this is toys-to-life, it's clear we'll see separate figures sold for those themes relating to the game. I can't wait for the BTTF stuff- here's to hoping there will be some new characters or variations on Doc and Marty. Some new moulded hair would be sweet for either. :drool:

I wanna see them go crazy with some random licenses! They got Universal on board with BTTF... I'm sure they can get Fox to do some Simpsons stuff for it. And why stop with BTTF for Ideas? Doctor Who would be nice. But, please no Big Bang. :tongue:

Since this is toys-to-life, it's clear we'll see separate figures sold for those themes relating to the game. I can't wait for the BTTF stuff- here's to hoping there will be some new characters or variations on Doc and Marty. Some new moulded hair would be sweet for either. :drool:

I wanna see them go crazy with some random licenses! They got Universal on board with BTTF... I'm sure they can get Fox to do some Simpsons stuff for it. And why stop with BTTF for Ideas? Doctor Who would be nice. But, please no Big Bang. :tongue:

And Ghostbusters!

So this is why they're trying to stretch the Doctor Who announcement. Maybe they'll be the facilitators? I think the portal exudes a DW vibe.

Also, Pete and Yve with their Exo-Suit better be in this game!

Now, here's some Q's:

1. How are they gonna do an NFC figure with something as small as a minifigure?
  2. Will there be buildable vehicle/scenery sets to accompany the figs?
  3. There used to be LEGO Fusion. Looks like they'll be stepping it up here.
  4. I just want interchangeable body parts (head, torso, legs). Can that be done?

Seriously? Is everyone just trying to copy each other now?

tumblr_ngyftiSZTN1u3oheuo1_400.gif

But I think it's about time TLG did this. They got a shipload of the stuff that's just a few tinkers away from being NFC figures.

Edited by XAxles

So Toys"R"Us had the page up, but now it's down.

t5YB0su.png

When a mysterious and powerful vortex suddenly appears in various LEGO® worlds, different characters from DC Comics™, Lord of the Rings™ and the LEGO® Movie are swept away. To save their friends, Batman™, Gandalf™ and Wyldstyle™ bravely jump into the vortex to rescue their friends and fight to save all of LEGO humanity.

Let your creativity be your guide as you build the LEGO Gateway to adventure, journeying through unexpected worlds and teaming-up with unlikely allies on the quest to defeat the evil Lord Vortech. Play with characters you never thought you could see in a LEGO game together, using vehicles and weapons you never thought possible. LEGO Bad Cop™ driving the DeLorean Time Machineâ¦why not?! The Ninjago Masters of Spinjitsu fighting alongside Wonder Woman™...yes, please! Get ready to break the rules, because the only rule with LEGO Dimensions is that there are no rules.

The LEGO Dimensions Starter Pack is all you need to begin - build your base and embark on a fantastic quest. Included in the LEGO Dimensions Starter Pack:

LEGO Dimensions videogame

LEGO Toy Pad

LEGO Gateway building bricks

3 LEGO minifigures (Batman, Gandalf, and Wyldstyle)

LEGO Batmobile vehicle

Edited by just2good

Oh wow that looks really cool!

I love the portal.

Why am I seeing something that looks like the Emerald City from The Wizard of Oz?

Edited by CM4Sci

Why am I seeing something that looks like the Emerald City from The Wizard of Oz?

Interesting! Also, it's funny how Batman is using the old cowl with the new outfit...

WOW! This game looks absolutely incredible!

And the toy pad, gateway, minifigs and brick built mini Bat-mobile are outstanding.

Looking in the background at those other dimensions i can definitely see a ninjago one at the top and another one that looks a bit like a hunted house possibly could be Scooby Doo on the right of the image and also is that the emerald city from The Wizard of Oz just to the side of Batman.

Same here, I literally couldn't think of anything else other than the Emerald City when I first saw it...

Maybe it's the Death Star firing that massive planet-destroying beam which I for got the name of...?

#WishfulThinking :tongue:

Oh wow that looks really cool!

I love the portal.

Pretty sure that's the Green Lantern homeworld... place, thing, whatever.

All I can see this turning out to be is another stale TT Games game. I'll wait for gameplay trailers, but I'm going to hurl if they call this "innovative" when it's another clone game.

Trailer!

Wow, that emerald city-looking thing WAS the emerald city from the wizard of oz. I didn't see that coming.

Edited by AyliffeMakit

*In the Key of "we're off to see the Wizard."

We're to go see Lego,

they'll give us the Wizard of Oz,

Cuz there the brand that make us smile and give us what we want!