Sign in to follow this  
Bugbot2008

MOD: The Council of Elrond

So a long time ago I decided that the official set of Rivendell although nice in itself was too small and needed an expansion/upgradeto properly capture the look of the location. I used an additional copy of the set along with a few extra parts, hope you enjoy!

14338714311_DISPLAY.jpg

14337856382_DISPLAY.jpg

1433788495m_DISPLAY.jpg

14337856403_DISPLAY.jpg

14337917174_DISPLAY.jpg

14337917195_DISPLAY.jpg

Like in the film the Council now takes place behind the location of the statue which holds the shards of the sward Narsil on a stone dish.

14337918374_DISPLAY.jpg

14337944055_DISPLAY.jpg

The new council circle is now oval shaped, exactly twice the width of the original, the mechanism for knocking back Gimli has been retained, only it has been repositioned by 90 degrees.

See my page for a few extra images:

http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/413934

Thanks for viewing!

Wow, that's a nice MOD :classic:

I really like the middle section, which combines the official buildings. The statue with the sword of Islidur is a great detail, too :thumbup:

Looks like a nice display piece to show off all your main LotR minifigures. I like it although pictures with orange/yellow lighting would give it some more cachet.

I really liked the architecture of the official set even though it was obviously too small. This is definitely scaled better while retaining the look, plus the added details are nice. And having two full trees improves the overall depth of the setting. Nice work... even though I don't really like the theme itself.

P.S. If four sets are truly needed to do it right (as mentioned above) then I could do this a couple times myself...

Edited by Captain Dee

I think it's great. Not out-of-scale for an official set, and really gives a much more complete feel to the whole thing. Wish the official set had taken this route. :classic:

I absolutely love when people take sets, add to them to create MOCs, and they still look like they could be an official Lego product. This looks really good for limiting yourself to only using 2 Council of Elrond sets plus some extra pieces. Of course it could be bigger, but most of the Rivendell MOCs we see also use over $200 in pieces at minimum.