I need to make building instructions for a technic MOC post to "Rebrickable'. But, I don't know which software to use. I used some "Znap" parts which makes things a bit tricky. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

DO you just copy and paste between the different programs? I'm knew to all of this, but I really want to post to rebrickable. I need to learn this digital software. I have a 24 leg strandbeest to post. I understand why some builders use a picture sequence.

Well, if it's a Technic model, I would recommend SR3D Builder, it is the best in handling Technic models.

To answer your question about copy-paste: yes. Well, .ldr and .mpd (both from MLCad) files can be opened in SR3D Builder and .l3b (from SR3D Builder files can be openen in MLCad.

There's a drawback though, in using SR3D Builder for instructions. There are a bunch of commands and stuff that can be used in LPub that are only available in MLCad. But, since SR3D Builder is so much easier to use when building, I make the model in SR3D Builder and then import it in MLCad to add the last things (like ghosting, sub-models, arrows etc). Then I import it in LPub.

Feel free to ask any more questions. Making instructions isn't the easiest thing on the planet, but the result is always very nice :classic:

Well.... there was a high chanhe that would happen.... Znap isn't used a lot... :sceptic:

You could ask in the LDraw.org forum at the part requests if someone would be willing to model the part. If you give some good photo's from all the sides and why you would like to have it, maybe someone wants to help you and make the LDraw part. :sweet: Znap isn't that commonly used...

I did a redesign on the motor holders. So I don't need Znap part #32225 modeled for LDraw. The strandbeest works better than ever now. I just posted it.