narbilu

The end of an era [freebuild]

Word of the author ::: I also finished part 2:::

go to part 2

In order to link my character Nar Bilu to my newly obtained ideas and storyline, I wrote a story. Hopefully fun to read and backed up by small builds. I recently finished the story and found the time this weekend to start building the scenes. Enjoy:

I am Bran and I am going to tell you what happened in Hemresa just after the battle over Avalonia was fought.

The end of an era

The shadow that has been torturing Avalonia is breaking up by the morning sun, pushing away clouds and revealing a beaten up land. Around a extinguished campfire just outside the massive hole leaking out of the Hembrugga walls, Nar Bilu and a handful of his henchmen evaluate the fight, while a group of volunteers remove the casualties from the battlefield. Drow are thrown in the river and the slain Avalonians are given a proper burial.

Every hour another scout arrives and join the evaluation, each with the same story about their journey into the designated outskirt of Hemresa.

Fortresses are destroyed, fields are burned, forests are chopped down, villages are abandoned and the surviving folk living there are scattered around our country finding salvage wherever they can.

Nar Bilu divides the remaining men in three regiments, one to follow him to the site where Bow’s Arch was going to be built, one to recruit local builders and folk who are still loyal to Nar Bilu and the last is send to Albion to do the same and inform the Lords of Avalonia of the current status of Hemresa.

Now the infestation of the plaque and the drow are suppressed, Hemresa can be rebuild. Nar Bilu feels, despite of the victory, lost. So many died for nothing, so much is destroyed. It will take a decade to fertilize these lands again. Horses are packed, carts are loaded, men are armed and with a commander in front of them, they leave and wave Hembrugga goodbye.

14841732838_1102cd1c6b_o.jpg

Nar Bilu enters the great hall and thanks the Elven Kings for their support before he leaves. After a days travel, the regiment arrives at the building site of Bow’s Arch. Nothing but sand, rocks and ruins. They set camp in the ruin of the warehouse, where they start planning. Night set, Nar Bilu was one of two not sleeping. He gave a secret order to the scout, who swiftly left in the woods.

In the meantime

Only an hour after the Avalonians left the sight of Hembrugga, two delegations arrive. One carrying a red and the other a blue flag, both supported by the colours of Avalonia. They are welcomed inside the gates. Once inside, they are summoned for an audition at the Kings. The leaders, both with one commander sit around a large table in the great hall, together with the King Elder and his commander.

The Kaliphlin lord,
Azural Djun
, rides in red with his legion of lions. A strategist with lust for battle. But his lust for gold is even bigger and this is what the elves promised him. He will be duke of Hemresa if they will follow the Kings wishes. When they control Hemresa, he will be made responsible for tax collecting and keeping order on the island.

The Midgardian tradesman,
Gorl Weighn
, sails with a blue flag. Wealth can never be great enough. The road between Avalonia and the Enchanted Forest will be the pearl of his empire. Elven resources from the west and Dwarven craftsmanship from the northeast makes a damn good profit.

15027978102_d8e889c9c9_o.jpg

The Kings promises both men control of their part of Hemresa in return for the removal of the sitting Lord and loyalty to the elves. After some small struggles on rules and compensations, the company agrees.

Losing a leader

Dawn is breaking, a bright sun sets upon the coastline to the west, while a horn clangs from the east. Alerting everyone in the camp. Shields up, swords pressed into fists, bows strung with the arrowheads pointed over the first line of defence. From the eastern hill arises a red flag, pikes and a strange looking cavalry. The first batch of arrows seem to miss their target, we just weren’t prepared for battle. Before we could even march towards the opponent, the first line was killed by the fearless pikemen of the lions. Fortunately our swordsmen had more success. We pushed them back into the open field, making both of us vulnerable, but we still had an advantage in numbers. On both sides men fell. The fight didn’t take long. The lions pulled back, forcing us further away from our camp. That is when we got outflanked. Out of the blue... the blue came from the south. Golden crowns on their shields, crossbow bolts piercing us from the side. We were surprised and we paid the toll.

Before midday, Nar Bilu stood surrounded by a small dozen of his own men cornered by two regiments, on a pile of corpses, awaiting his fate. But the two opponents stood still, when the sun was blocked by a dark cloud. Unfortunately is was no actual cloud. A hail of elven arrows landed in the remaining men of the Hemresa Legion. Nar Bilu looked up when the cloud hit him in the chest, shoulders and back. Kneeled on the ground he watched how the two leaders took down their flags and raised the green flags of Avalonia.

14841803997_d9ccae7d2c_o.jpg

... to be continued

Edited by narbilu

Never trust an elf, I say! ;)

Great story And quite a cliffhanger - looking forward for more!

Good job with the story and the "illustrations"! Looking forward to reading more :classic:

story is great, builds are great but what's really the icing on the cake is the way you worked you pics!

Interesting story, and I like the level of detail you included in your builds.

I'd love to see the builds without the filters/frames -- for me, they distract from the build. The filters distort the colors of the bricks, and make everything look grainy.

Edit: It might be interesting to see the photos in the storyline as you've presented them, with filters, and then show smaller (linked) versions at the end, without the filters, so we can better see the builds without distraction.

Edited by SarahJoy

Nice MOCs and very nice story, I can't wait to read more. Hopefully the Drow aren't infecting the water they'd been thrown in...

Hopefully the Drow aren't infecting the water they'd been thrown in...

The current is heading east, towards Midgardian shores, so I'm not afraid of contamination :look:

I want to know how this story continues!! I really love the details in the first MOC!

Interesting story, I await to see the fate of Nar Bilu, the last man of the Legion of Hemresa! :classic:

Nice mocs there dude... I really like the out of focus blood path at last pic also. Great one

I kinda read through this fast, but why did the elves send them to kill the regiments?

They always had an eye on Hemresa, because it's the passage from Avalonia to the Enchanted Forest. Making them in control of the path, makes their position stronger.

They always had an eye on Hemresa, because it's the passage from Avalonia to the Enchanted Forest. Making them in control of the path, makes their position stronger.

Ok. That makes sense. Cool builds tho!

Good interior scenes, I especially like the arches within arches in the second build :thumbup: Excellent rockwork in the third build :classic: