Sign in to follow this  
Bob

Secret Enemies - Confirmation and Discussion

Hi, welcome to Secret Enemies! Anyone can post here. Please confirm your characters.

Characters (12)

IMG_1042.jpg

Lindsey Green - Khscarymovie4

IMG_1055.jpg

Ralph Brooks - Actor Builder

IMG_1054.jpg

Betsy Bowers - Forresto

IMG_1053.jpg

Joshua Sutton - Peanuts

IMG_1052.jpg

Scott Howell - Jackjonespaw

IMG_1051.jpg

Erik Kelly - Umbra-Manis

IMG_1050.jpg

Patricia Davis - Tariq J

IMG_1049.jpg

Anne Martin - Mediumsnowman

IMG_1048.jpg

Michael Wright - Jluck

IMG_1046.jpg

Edward Cook - Chromeknight

IMG_1047.jpg

Christina Phillips - Fhomess

IMG_1043.jpg

Robert Butler - Dragonfire

Game Explanation (in case you missed it):

1) There are two teams, the Town and the Mafia. The Mafia will have one player that's the Godfather. The Mafia members will know who the Godfather is, but the Godfather will not know who the members of the mafia are. The Mafia cannot contact the Godfather, he must contact a member of the mafia team first. There are no night actions in this game.

2) There are two leaders in the game real game, the President and the Chancellor, based on the Weimar Republic. However, in this version, there will be the Mayor and the Town Council Chair. Every day, the Mayor will be selected at random. The Mayor can be town or mafia. The Mayor then picks one player to be his Town Council Chair. The players will then have 24 hours to vote Yes or No if they want this government to continue. If the majority votes yes, then what I explain in part 3 will occur. If the government is voted down, the mayor is again randomly selected (it will not be the previous person) and this mayor nominates a new chairperson. The new chairperson can be anyone that the new mayor picks. Neither the Mayor nor the Town Council Chair can be a member of the previous day's government. For example, if on Day One Player A is Mayor and he picks Player B to be his chairperson and the government is approved, then Player A and Player B cannot be nominated as the next chairperson. Player A will also never be the Mayor two days in a row.

3) Every day either a Town or Mafia policy will be passed. In the board game, there are 6 "liberal" cards and 11 "fascist" cards. Every day, three cards are drawn from the deck and given to the President, who then discards one and gives two to the Chancellor. In this version, there will be 6 Town cards and 11 Mafia cards in a deck that I will create and draw from myself every day. So, once the Mayor's government is approved, he will be given three policy choices in a PM that I send him, which are the first three cards that I've drawn from the deck that I've created. The Mayor will then pick one policy to discard and then I will give the remaining two policies to the Town Council Chair. The Town Council Chair must then PM me back which policy he wishes to enact. Until the policy is enacted, the Mayor and Town Council Chair CANNOT communicate with the rest of the players in any way. The policies may be drawn in any of the following ways:

- Town, Town, Town

- Town, Town, Mafia

- Town, Mafia, Mafia

- Mafia, Mafia, Mafia

So, if three town policies are drawn, that means that the Town Council Chair will obviously be forced to submit a town policy to me. If three mafia policies are drawn, that means that the Town Council Chair will be forced to submit a mafia policy to me. If three governments fail on one day, then the first policy that is on top of the deck will be drawn. This is very risky.

Win Conditions:

For the Town:

The game is won for the town once it passes five of the six town policies that are in the "deck" or if the Godfather is killed. (More on how the Godfather can die later)

For the Mafia:

The game is won for the mafia once is passes six of the eleven mafia policies that are in the "deck" or if the Godfather is elected Town Council Chair after four mafia policies are enacted.

Special Actions:

The Mayor has special actions that he can perform after each mafia policy is enacted. The President does not get any special powers with each town policy enacted.

- After the first mafia policy is passed, the Mayor can choose one player to investigate. The Mayor will then be told only the affiliation of the player.

- After the second mafia policy is passed, the Mayor can once again choose one player to investigate.

- After the third mafia policy is passed, the Mayor can choose who he wishes the next mayor to be.

- After the fourth mafia policy is passed, the Mayor can kill one player. He must announce who he wishes to kill in thread. He will have 24 hours to submit his decision to allow discussion.

- After the fifth mafia policy is passed, the Mayor can once again kill another player.

- After the sixth mafia policy is passed, the mafia wins.

Some standard mafia rules are still applicable. No talking in thread once you're dead, no OOC, no editing posts, etc.

Let me know if you have any problems or questions!

P.S.: You might notice my avatars are worse than usual. That's because the LEGO aspect of this game is taking a back seat to the regular game, so I did them up as quick as possible. They look like a noob did them, I know. If you want to make your own avatar and you have the pieces for your character, go for it! I may even update your avatar in the main thread.

Edited by Bob

Also, you might think "Wow, Bob is really half-assing this game! The avatars suck and there's not even a banner! What a guy!"

That's not the case. A lot of behind the scenes work has gone into this. Just the LEGO aspect of it will be lacking. I'll still give a coherent and solid story just the way I can.

Micheal Wright, and I'm always right!

Except my hand, I'm left there.

Ralph Brooks! Very here and very quaint! I love my hat! It was given to me by my grandfather. It is made from the hide of a plastic beaver!

General Note, since some people had questions about it. PMs are not allowed. The scum are allowed to PM if they really want to, but they're of course not allowed to contact the Godfather. There's no real need to PM considering there's no night actions, but if the scum really wants to talk to each other then sure.

Alright we're ready to start!

Day One will likely be up soon (maybe tomorrow but maybe today!) barring no unforeseen circumstances. I've just made both the policy and player cards. They're kind of cute. The way the Mayor will work is I'll put all the player cards into a fashionable hat and then draw one. The policy cards will be shuffled and used like an actual deck of cards.

"'Calm down.' he said to those assembled. 'We're not playing another game of mafia!'

The crowd cheered."

Bob stories are the best stories.

Day Three will be a little delayed while I try and work out the logistics of a potential new game mechanic. Sorry everyone, but like I said, this game is a beta test, so expect radical changes. That said, I plan on spending the next couple days mulling over this since it'd be very different.

No problem! We all appreciate the thought and time you've put into this, it's been fun so far!

I'd say go ahead and try out the new thing. We only get to do a full first beta test once. Throw whatever you've got at us, and then we can all give feedback.

Just my two cents.