I'll call LEGO customer service in the morning (actually later today, yes I am up late :wacko: ). Hoping someone here has a quick fix. I have a new EV3 brick with rechargeable battery. Recharged the battery while attached to the brick, the brick was initially on, then auto-powered off about half way through. Now, the brick will not turn on - the center button does not move nor can it be depressed - no 'click' when pressed, left/right up/down back buttons all 'click' as normal. Any thoughts on how to reset or what's up. I get the same result regardless if rechargeable or AA alkaline batteries are used.

It would be strange if the battery actually affects the tactile responsiveness of a button. I guess that the button just broke. TLG customer service will probably just replace the unit or repair it. I bet, if you press really hard, it might come back to life at the cost of more damage to the button and/or casing.

Thanks - certainly will be calling customer service later today, I was hoping for a quick fix, as I was planning to continue teaching 'intro to robotics' to the kids after working tonight, using the LEGO Education teaching material. Guess it will have to wait...

Well, customer service is replacing the brick - and they had no idea why the center button no longer works - but getting a new brick and sending back the old one.