Sign in to follow this  
Alfadas

AoM - Gatehouse phase l - Orcish encounter

Here we are. In the cold, cold winter night. We are guarding a smugglers route, that has been discovered last month. We, Björn and I, Ulrich, are standing here for almost a week now. So far we saw no smugglers. Didn't think we'd see any. They will just use another route. Mark my words. And it is cold here. It is middle winter now. Avalonian smugglers will stay inside. I look at Björn. He needs to drink less. Since we got here, he hasn't been sober.

"He, Ulrich! Want (hic) some beer? (hic). That will defrost (hic) your fingers."

"Quiet! I heard something." I say.

"yeah, my (hic) stomach. It has not(hic)hing to eat."

"Just shut up! I heard something!"

There it is again. Some creature is moving through the snow. Is it a smuggler? No! It is an orc!

"Grab your spear Björn! We are under attack!"

I hear a snoring sound. Of course. When I need him, he is asleep. Great. I hide behind a large rock. I see nothing. There! The moon shines on a dark figure, moving towards Björn. I jump on the rock and let my spear land in the head of the orc. I hear a nice splashing sound. Excellent. One down. Is that it? Will there be more? It seems quiet now. Alright. Need to be careful here.

14969049238_20dde8294d.jpg

A pic of Björn drinking, an orc attacking and Ulrich jamming a spear in the orc's head. I now see it looks like the orc has his axe in a weird grip, it is just a double bladed war axe.

14968892569_976e77d3fb.jpg

And here is a pic of the gate. More of a roadblock, but as it is only a Phase l, I think it is enough. Next phases will be much more gate like.

That's it, the Phase l gatehouse entry. Hope you like it, C&C welcome.

Interesting take on the gatehouse :) a bit more texturing on the ground, maybe smooth the snow out a bit with white tiles? Bring on phase 2 I say! :)

The roadblock looks pretty cool, it's simple but effective, and death to that decrepit Orc!

He has nothing on the Zar-Ifrikt :iamded_lol:

Nice build there Alfadas!For me it looks more like walls phase 1 but good job nevertheless :wink:

Edited by Gunman

Nice build, though try to lean away from the flatness for the snow-scape, or perhaps add some white tiles. On another note, I like the interesting perspective you took on this AoM build. That Bjorn must be really stoned :laugh:

Edited by Scaevola

Cool little barricade and I like the pose of the guy jumping to attack the orc :thumbup:

Also it's good to see you're back building for Mitgardia again :classic: