TheUtilityBelt

Freebuild- Nocty Gang in Carn

We've been tracking this gang for weeks now, but we finnally found them. They're hideout is a little cave the coast about half a mile south-west of Carn. They have the stolen gold and some other goods, and are supposed to be taking it back to Nocturnus. These gangs have been raiding up and down the coast for weeks! Here they come. I'll send an after battle report later.

~Paul Cariss, Member of the Dune Ranger Corps of Kaliphlin

14730796898_09fb449988.jpg

14730830707_512636d500.jpg

14730790208_b3ee422f44.jpg

It turns out it was only a small gang of five. As soon as I shot the first arrow, the two carrying the chest dropped it and ran for they're boat. The town gaurd captain stabbed the gang leader while a soldier sliced another clean in half. I shot the one climbing into the boat as the second soldier killed another. The town gaurd troops went back to Carn with the gold as I started back to my house.

~Paul Cariss, Member of the Dune Ranger Corps of Kaliphlin

Hello fellow historicans! Back with another freebuild, I am. :classic: Sorry for the crappy photos, my iPhone wouldn't focuse. C&C welcome and have a nice sandy day!

Not bad, I really like the Orcs but you should work with minifig posing a bit more. It's hard to get the right poses for certain things, like the archer for example. Overall, it's quite nice! :thumbup:

Good job with this TUB32, I like the shape of the base, the figs, and the story. If I were to offer one bit of advice, I would stick with more conform color schemes for rocks, (i.e dark tan, tan, and brown, or dark grey and light grey for instance, or break it up into sections), as the rocks look more visually appealing and are more realistic. Good to see such inexcusable lawlessness isn't ignored by the administrators of Carn! :classic:

For photography, try tapping your screen in the area you want your phone to focus on. I haven't had an iPhone for a couple of years, but I think that's how it works for those and for Galaxys. Beyond that, try using msPaint or something to crop out the edge of your background paper. That can help a lot with presentation.

For the build itself, I like the irregular base but the way you did the ground and rock seems rushed. More texturing with 1x2 plates and the like would be nice there. The color choices in the cliffside are haphazard-looking so you end up with an undesirable, artificial effect.

The little cave for the smugglers to keep their merchandise in is a neat touch :thumbup: The minifig posing is pretty good, I think a picture with one or two of your soldiers swinging down over the ledge would be really neat.

Not bad, I really like the Orcs but you should work with minifig posing a bit more. It's hard to get the right poses for certain things, like the archer for example. Overall, it's quite nice! :thumbup:

Thank's!

Good job with this TUB32, I like the shape of the base, the figs, and the story. If I were to offer one bit of advice, I would stick with more conform color schemes for rocks, (i.e dark tan, tan, and brown, or dark grey and light grey for instance, or break it up into sections), as the rocks look more visually appealing and are more realistic. Good to see such inexcusable lawlessness isn't ignored by the administrators of Carn! :classic:

Thank's! The cliff isn't very good, I agree. I just don't have alot of slopes in the same colors.

For photography, try tapping your screen in the area you want your phone to focus on. I haven't had an iPhone for a couple of years, but I think that's how it works for those and for Galaxys. Beyond that, try using msPaint or something to crop out the edge of your background paper. That can help a lot with presentation.

For the build itself, I like the irregular base but the way you did the ground and rock seems rushed. More texturing with 1x2 plates and the like would be nice there. The color choices in the cliffside are haphazard-looking so you end up with an undesirable, artificial effect.

Yeah, I was tapping but it still wasn't doing anything. It's never happened before... I also didn't realize the edge.

The little cave for the smugglers to keep their merchandise in is a neat touch :thumbup: The minifig posing is pretty good, I think a picture with one or two of your soldiers swinging down over the ledge would be really neat.

I agree it would've been pretty cool!

No mercy for the thieves xd ;) Nice one dude!

Yeah xd! Thank you!

Those scoundrels got what they deserved. They can't be true Nocturnians- we'd get away with it! Probably Black Spire scum.

Those scoundrels got what they deserved. They can't be true Nocturnians- we'd get away with it! Probably Black Spire scum.

Yeah! Those scum better not win Nocty! We probably wouldn't get any more pie to trade! :laugh:

So, a cool idea for a build. I think that if you play around a bit more with the rockwork it would be a bit more realistic. I'm not sure what bricks you have at your disposal, but if you take a look at a few of Torgar or MassEditor's builds and emulate some of that rockwork you can get some cool builds out of it. I say that, because that is what I have been doing for the last month or so is just playing around with some rockwork based off their style to improve my own style.

Those bloody raiders!! If Carn needs some help, Stedor will be more than happy to send some soldiers (after the siege of Eastgate) :)

Those bloody raiders!! If Carn needs some help, Stedor will be more than happy to send some soldiers (after the siege of Eastgate) :)

Thank you! Though we have the gangs under control. For now... :laugh:

That's a nice little build! If you are short on slopes, you could buy some on bricklink to expand your collection... I have done so too, and recently i also added old dark grey slopes. Those mixed with the dark blueish grey give a nice rock-like effect.

That's a nice little build! If you are short on slopes, you could buy some on bricklink to expand your collection... I have done so too, and recently i also added old dark grey slopes. Those mixed with the dark blueish grey give a nice rock-like effect.

Yeah. The only problem is, my mom has been ripped of using paypal. She knows it was just the people, but she still doesn't like it. :/