Sign in to follow this  
Valezri

75053 "The Ghost" Kanan Jarrus hair color variant

gallery_101_23_908.jpg

I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere yet. I've seen people mention multiple times that the Kanan figure in set 75053 has the wrong hair color, black instead of brown, and have also seen pics of this. Well I got the set last week and the Kanan figure I got has dark brown hair. He also has dark brown facial hair, and the pics on the box have him with dark brown hair. I bought the set at Toys R Us in Racine, WI, in the U.S.

The set also came with two pieces that weren't the correct ones, but I already had a bunch of the correct ones that I had ordered from the "pick a brick" on lego's site, so it didn't really matter to me.

On the one hand, I'm glad it's correct... OTOH, I was kind hoping it WAS black so it'd be a spare in a different color if I got any other sets with Kanan. MOAR PIECES, MOAR COLORS! :tongue: Guess it's just bad lighting in the photos (I looked at the box when in a store last week, still looked black to me)

Still hoping a later Ezra has his tousled hair in dark blue. A long shot, but it'd be fun to see.

I think it was originally made in black for awhile, but then they realized the mistake and fixed it in later production runs. It looks like the box I have was printed in June 2014 (it says "Junio 2014" on one of the flaps.) Every pic I could find on the net looked like he has black hair, also every YouTube video I checked.

I think it was originally made in black for awhile, but then they realized the mistake and fixed it in later production runs. It looks like the box I have was printed in June 2014 (it says "Junio 2014" on one of the flaps.) Every pic I could find on the net looked like he has black hair, also every YouTube video I checked.

Here's mine

G5_zps69544042.jpg

I got the set in may....so the first production run I guess.

I've been checking this set when I go to stores, and most have the black hair on the box, I saw the brown hair box at 2 Toys R Us stores and one Target had one of each so I was able to compare them side by side and get some pics I am attemting to attach a pic with this post (hope it works)

post-11787-0-98950700-1408556135_thumb.jpg

Pic is of the 2 boxes side by side.

Edited by Valezri