Rolli

[MOC] Royal XJ-6 Steamspeeder

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

Presenting the Royal XJ-6 Steamspeeder!

14649068518_6f2d32b98f_z.jpg

Built for the Sweet Sixteen bracket of the MOC Madness 2014: Steam Wars Returns over on fbtb.net.

For the second round I wanted to try something different: Ditching the crude metal and gnarled wood look you usually see while moving to something classy and stylish. The finished speeder reminds me of the looks of sportscars from the 1940s such as the Bugatti Type 57.

14855560873_feef0e59b3_z.jpg

Goes perfectly with Legopard’s Victorian Bountyhunter for some serious swooshing and chasing!

Reference from Star Wars Episode 2: http://starwars.wiki...XJ-6_airspeeder

Very nice build! I love all the gold in the front! Although, it doesn't scream steampunk at first. Maybe it's just me, since I'm not a huge fan of steampunk. I also like the color scheme, which adds to the steam punk vibe. Good luck!

Looks neat and streamlined! However I dont think it looks really steampunk too, but i dont know much about steam punk to begin with :blush:

Those engines! :wub: 'NPU' doesn't cut it when it comes to describing how well you've used the limited varieties of pearl gold pieces to put together some incredible engines. And the shaping, the shaping of the vehicle is perfect. So many curves, so many subtle angles and offsets.

I agree that there might be more dark blue than would be typical in a steampunk model, and I agree that all the streamlining means that the model lacks the exposed mechanical workings and Rube Goldberg machine functionality of typical steampunk. And perhaps most notably, there's no visible steam coming out of the MOC. But it looks so beautiful as it is that I wouldn't want you to change anything.

YES rolli!

Great entry and i love how you make the engines!!!

Wish you good luck für round2.

markus

This really is a thing of beauty! How you've accomplished all the curves at this scale is brilliant and the gold engines are a nice complement to the dark blue. :wub::thumbup: :thumbup:

I like it, but I don't really see how it is Steampunk. My understanding of Steampunk is characterized by outrageous and obvious instances of steam powered apparatuses; I don't see any boiler, pipes, or most importantly, a stack for steam to escape. Otherwise, a great MOC.

Absolutely brilliant :wub: Great integration of the diver's helmets and turban pins, and a lovely colour scheme. Looking forward to taking a closer look in Skærbæk, because you are bringing it there, right? :wink:

Thanks for the comments!

Looking forward to taking a closer look in Skærbæk, because you are bringing it there, right? :wink:

Indeed, I will, along with the AT-AT and anything else that I might build in future rounds :sweet: