Sign in to follow this  
Retro

[MOD] Another B-Wing !

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

Well, I really, really wanted a B-Wing, but I didn't want to spend any money. So for the first time I had a look at what spare bricks I had in the pot, and had a go at making my own 75050 with a 6208 stand. And it turned out mostly white it seems! It was a lot of fun, anyway.

14573080229_726bcbd084_b.jpg

14756548671_02c0166c12_b.jpg

14756828631_7315ab51aa_b.jpg

14756552961_3df0ed053c_b.jpg

14573358859_5509cf75ee_b.jpg

Hey, that's pretty good. I like how you've managed to maintain a consistent color palette with limited pieces, very impressive! :thumbup:

Thanks guys. Despite the bright colours, I really like the industrial feel of this piece. Building the ship reminded me of other , classic 'hard sci-fi' ships like the Liberator from Blake's 7, or the Bird of Prey. And I also like being able to display the B-Wing vertically. Many of the Star Wars sets are effectively flat, so you don't get so much of a wow factor unless you climb up on a step ladder and look down on them from above...

Awesome build! The color scheme does fit somehow. I guess this means that 75050 will fit in the old ones stand quite. Good to know...

Well, I needed to modify the stand a little, make a bit more room inside. The main thing is that it is stable!

14759412632_e0069c5848_b.jpg

Well, I needed to modify the stand a little, make a bit more room inside. The main thing is that it is stable!

Thats good. TLG really made a mistake not having a stand. The B-Wing is a little pricey already and a stand might've made 5 extra bucks worth it. I have always liked the look of that stand, especially the black and yellow color scheme. I think I will pass on 75050 in favor of ScotishDave's B-Wing v1.3. That is a truly amazing MOC.

Loving your B-Wing :) It's great seeing all these various builds of my favourite rebel fighter! And the most important thing is you had fun building it!

Thats good. TLG really made a mistake not having a stand. The B-Wing is a little pricey already and a stand might've made 5 extra bucks worth it. I have always liked the look of that stand, especially the black and yellow color scheme. I think I will pass on 75050 in favor of ScotishDave's B-Wing v1.3. That is a truly amazing MOC.

I've updated my design recently so check out my flickr account :)

Yeah, i must also say that you have done good work at the B-Wing!

And i love this "Ice Planet" color scheme :thumbup: .

markus

Thank you one and all. Very nice to have world experts like Renegade Clone and markus1984 popping in here! I definitely feel like colour is the way forward. I may be turning into Unikitty. My kids are amassing a stash of lovely purple and turquoise bricks that I might have to snaffle soon...