Hello evrybody! I want to share my new project: Airfield Tug.

DuiEmRdLUj0.jpg

1488.jpg

The idea to build something like this was the result of reflections on special equipment. But habitual excavators and cranes is not something that interested me, I wanted something unique. So it was decided to build the airfield tug. Studying their characteristics, concluded that the chassis must be AWD, lift cabin, steering on each axis should be individualized. And of course the mission is to be a big downgrade and maximum motorization. It took about a month to design and build the chassis.

iUss0mYgl2U.jpg

chassis in works:

A little later, after watching the video decided to add to the functional 4 jack on the perimeter model. In real tractors are necessary for maintenance.

Currently working on the body, and wrote a short video demonstration of a functional body until it is necessary to refine.

main functions of model:

Waiting for your suggestions and proposals. Constructive criticism is welcome. In the future, the model will be updated, all updates will upload here

Edited by filsawgood

nice work - don't know why we don't see more of these - this has got to be the first model I ever made with technic and system - as I live near an airport...

I made a rear wheel steering version, 4ws, etc.. .etc.. in the days before LDD and digital cameras - they are only a feint memory now

train weights near the axles and maybe an xl motor instead of the large. should pull chairs, cats and even penguins after that! it looks great by the way

Cool model. I like the dimensions of these tugs and you captured that well.

My only criticism would be that you have a too crowded cabin at the front. If you could get the elevation mechanism out of sight it would be even better.

What is the lifting (the whole model) function for?

Looks nice so far, maybe add more weight so it can pull more.

That would be a nice idea for a LEGO competition. Rules being for instance, x parts, x weight and challenge: tying two MOC's together at the rear and see which has the most pulling power :).

I like the MOC, it looks like it will do the job.

Edited by Kelkschiz

nice work - don't know why we don't see more of these - this has got to be the first model I ever made with technic and system - as I live near an airport...

I made a rear wheel steering version, 4ws, etc.. .etc.. in the days before LDD and digital cameras - they are only a feint memory now

that is you built tugs before it became mainstream :)

Cool model. I like the dimensions of these tugs and you captured that well.

My only criticism would be that you have a too crowded cabin at the front. If you could get the elevation mechanism out of sight it would be even better.

What is the lifting (the whole model) function for?

Thanks! I agree, it will be aesthetic, but space for mechanisms simply is not there (later I download render of this chassis), and the length increase is not necessary. So get a compromise.

That would be a nice idea for a LEGO competition. Rules being for instance, x parts, x weight and challenge: tying two MOC's together at the rear and see which has the most pulling power :).

Thanks! In a future release is sure to be a demonstration of the traction capabilities

In this video on a real tractor demonstrated the full functionality. On him and I was guided. SCHOPF F396 Aircraft Tow Tractor

And this is new forms of rear:

so1nZE9U-u0.jpg

Edited by filsawgood

The model is almost completed. Very soon I will prepare the photos and video release of the final version, but for now add a few renderings of the chassis and models.

exp5.png

exp3.png

exp4.png

information.png

4444%2B%282%29.jpg

You mean a Power Puller contest?

The model is almost completed. Very soon I will prepare the photos and video release of the final version, but for now add a few renderings of the chassis and models.

Looks great. Looking forward to seeing a video of the finished model.

Nice to see a different working vehicle, for a change. Like you, I find the standard "go to" excavators and cranes a little repetitive.

Original. Very nice. I would like TLG to start thinking this way. Not necessarily regarding your exact project, but just thinking outside the box in terms of new models. It seems like evrey year we get a lot of the same things.... front loaders, mobile cranes, etc.... but I want to see new things.. although I have to say 2015 is looking rather auspicious in terms of novelty.

Cool Moc already! Would someone care to explain why the different functions of the real model are needed?

In which cases it's useful to raise the cabin? Just to increase the sight? And wich purpose do those retractable supports have?

what is the beneift of the tractor lifting itself clean off the ground? I watched the video and saw the feature, but I don't get the purpose? It seems a bit over the top just so you can change a wheel? anyone know, just for my information :-)

I think that lift cabin is needed for better visibility when maneuvering backwards. Jacks for extended parking and operational services. I think so;) tractors are very low and do not crawl under it, and the weight they can reach 40 tons, not just portable jack handle it. On the whole philosophy of tractors is that they should be as weighted. So hang on them a bunch of extra features and a little unusual.

So you added Jacks just for...fun?

No, I installed them, because in all versions of tractors Schopf 300 series they are. Аnd in the construction, I have focused on them.

At last i finished it!

Electric:

2 L motors to the drive

2 servo motors to steering

1 L motor to lift the cab

1 L motor to the drive jacks

2 IR receivers

Large battery box

LED lights

Specifications:

During construction, I tried to repeat the most functional tractor Schopf 300 series. The model has four-wheel drive via differentials, steering each axis independently. The front cabin is equipped with a lift. Also in the car 4 jacks are installed around the perimeter as the original.

Weight - 2 kg

Number of pieces - 1800

Size (L / W / H) 62/19/14 stud

Appearance:

Tractor has twin cage design, equipped with a complete set of tail lights and beacons, each with fitted mirror. Produced minimal detailing inside the cabin. The sides has are technical cover.

Video here:

FIL_0215.jpg

FIL_0219.jpg

FIL_0222.jpg

FIL_0226.jpg

FIL_0227.jpg

FIL_0229.jpg

FIL_0235.jpg

FIL_0237.jpg

FIL_0238.jpg

FIL_0240.jpg

FIL_0242.jpg

FIL_0243.jpg

FIL_0244.jpg

FIL_0245.jpg

FIL_0246.jpg

FIL_0247.jpg

FIL_0248.jpg

FIL_0251.jpg

FIL_0252.jpg

FIL_0254.jpg

FIL_0256.jpg

FIL_0257.jpg

FIL_0261.jpg

FIL_0263.jpg

Great presentation! I like it a lot, really cool renders too! The only thing that bothers me a bit are the PF IR receivers - is there really no way to lower them for a stud? The white/blue version would also be great.