Lord Vladivus

Zombified Dragon Masters serving in the Shadowmere Guard

Most of the Shadowmere Guard are zombified Dragon Masters.

14358268420_b18f7ea5a0_c.jpg

Raised from the dead by Krell, they serve Vladivus and Shadowmere unflinchingly.

14358330858_546e70e4a4_c.jpg

Shown here are a Swordsman, Spearman, Archer and a Knight of the Inner Keep (Elite heavy cavalry).

14532300993_442020b09b_c.jpg

Without figs.

As a bonus:

14325605968_a51c7d892c_c.jpg

"Rawrrrrrrgrh"

So, this was originally a display for my Mount Up! build till I realised it was too big. Still wanted to use it for something, so figured I'd show off some of the ranks in Shadowmere's army and the figs (I'm pleased with the Elite Knights!). C+C welcome, even though it's a real quick display build!

Nice Rock work. The base looks nice LV. It would be cool to see the dragon on it though, but it suits this purpose well.

Edit: Looks great on that base.

Edited by lego3364

I really like your Elite Knights! The rock work is very well done as is the base. Neat surprise in the back.

I like that you've tied your characters into the on-going Nocturnus plot!

Great work, the irregularly shaped base is a very good detail, and the rock formation also turned out excellent. Nice figs too :thumbup:

Nice work again LV and cool idea! I love that rockwork and the old, crumbly look to it.

Cheers guys! I want to do a few MOCs with more of these guys, especially the elite knights. Maybe I'll start building Shadowmere itself.

Why would anyone join any other Guild? Nocturnus has it all, elite builders, cool creatures, undead warriors... enchanted pumpkin pie... hoorah!

Cheers! The torsos are from the current Castle line, and the zombie heads are from Monster Fighters. Weapons are from a variety of sources.

Cool irregular base and rockwork :thumbup: Excellent figs too, I like those new Dragon torsos a lot :classic:

That base is really nicely done! Love the rockwork, and hell yeah! dragon torsos! :thumbup:

Yet another great use for those new dragon knights! (Definitely the best castle troops in a while, very fitting for Nocturnus :classic:) Sweet landscaping as well.

Edited by Gideon

Thanks Gideon! I'm a big fan of the torsos, they're a pretty good fit for gold old Nocty! I'm still trying to figure out what to do with all of the blue CrownieLion knights though.

Thanks Gideon! I'm a big fan of the torsos, they're a pretty good fit for gold old Nocty! I'm still trying to figure out what to do with all of the blue CrownieLion knights though.

Feed them to your vampires and zombies maybe? There doesn't seem to be much other use for them in GoH.

Feed them to your vampires and zombies maybe? There doesn't seem to be much other use for them in GoH.

I have used several of the torsos with different arms under some of my heavily armoured troops- plus as they are under the black falcon armour to get the classic black falcon blue in! I might try and make some sort of use out of them.