Covenant84

Mini Super Star Destroyer

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

Hi all,

First post. wanted to get started in the 'adult lego community'. bought the following sets as they seemed to have a good variety of pieces thought for a start I wanted to try something using some of the advanced techniques so opted for a super star destroyer. know it's not accurate or to scale, but really pleased with the result from the pieces had. CC welcome.

Edit - Sorry, it's appearing to not let me add picture links...? Help anyone? I've tried to copy the image link from photobucket I he image code brackets but it won't appear in my post here...

To deeplink an image (which is what you were trying to do and should be doing) you use the "Image" button in the topic editor. Here's how:

At the bottom right of your first post in this topic (the one you just made and couldn't get images into) there is a button labelled "Edit." Click it.

This will open the post editor, which will look a whole lot like what you used to write the post. Now look for a moment at the tools at the top of the editor. The editor has two rows of tools that start on the left side and end about halfway across the editor. Look at the bottom row of tools. There are six tools for modifying your font (the bold, italic, underscore, strikethrough, subscript, and superscript tools), a tool for bulleted lists and a tool for numbered lists, a tool marked with a chain and a small green circle for adding links, and a greyed-out tool showing the middle of three links of chain being broken that's used to "unlink" (I have no idea what this actually does, because I've never used it).

The next tool, the eleventh in line, looks like a tiny picture of a tree, and it's the "Image" tool. To use it, just click on it. It will open a dialogue box with a lot of empty space and a place for you to enter the URL of your picture. This does, of course, require that your picture be stored on a website already, but it sounds like you've got that taken care of already. So, all you do is place the link to the image (not the page on which the image appears, but the image itself - for instance, on Brickshelf you can find this by just clicking on the image until you get to a page that is blank except for the image in the upper left corner of the browser) in the space provided for it and click "Okay." The dialogue box will close, and the image will appear wherever your cursor was in the text before you clicked the "Image" tool.

Note that your cursor will appear to be as long as the image is tall, because it shows up right after the image. Don't worry, your font size is still the same. Let me demonstrate:

There is text on either side of this image. 2.jpg The cursor here is freakishly huge, but my font is the same and the text is half-way up the image.

See what I mean?

Some of the other, more experienced Eurobricks users have some way to add a nice little caption along with their images. I haven't figured out how they do that, so I just write my caption on the line under the image, lined up with the image using lots and lots of spaces.

Edited by VK-318

Thanks vk318. That does sound like what I was doing. I was getting as far as putting the image link into the dialogue box and trying to click ok but the box wouldn't close. I had to use the back button on explorer to get it to close by leaving the page. On my phone at home and the tools don't appear to be available so will try again tomorrow. Perhaps something was playing up with the pic. It was a bit iffy with a couple other things to. Thanks again for the info

minisets.jpg

20140630_084654.jpg

20140630_084622.jpg

20140630_084429.jpg

Edited by Covenant84

Seems to be working now but only by copying and pasting by right clicking and not using the insert image button... odd!

Thanks guys.

It's a stand it's on. What's SSD?

Have just ordered parts to try to make a bigger one :sweet:

Edited by Covenant84

Thanks guys.

It's a stand it's on. What's SSD?

Have just ordered parts to try to make a bigger one :sweet:

SSD is Super Star Destroyer.

Nice mini MOC by the way! ;)

good,Perhaps something was playing up with the pic. It was a bit iffy with a couple other things to.thanks48.gif

Edited by rtisansndot