Sign in to follow this  
Prince Manic

Ghostbusters Ecto-1 converted into -1A? and Ecto-1 Mods

I been havin this strange idea what if I would to convert the Ecto-1 into the Ecto-1a by using the ecto-1 set that's out now it could be a good conversion to do so you have both cars and can do an EPIC Ghostbusters 3 brickflim if the Ecto-1a will remain the same or not. So is that even possible to do a conversion of the Ecto-1 to become the Ecto-1a? if so how I could do this conversion and how.

Now I'm not just gonna talk about converting the Ecto-1 set into the Ecto-1a I've done a video about some mods I've done to my Ecto-1 so it can fit all four inside and stuff and more detailing for the Ecto-1.

Be sure to watch this in HD since I've recroded this from my iPod Touch's 5mp Back camera that records in 1080P

this video is just simple mods I've done to make my Ecto-1 more like the movie and similar to Brent's original design.

Edited by Prince Manic

An Ecto-1a conversion is definitely possible. Easy part is adding to the roof. Multicolored trans cheese wedges instead of blue for sirens, big radar dish, big white tube on back, long tiles. The hard part is stuff that can't be replicated in bricks. No-ghost 2 sign on doors, rear, and hood. Phone number on sides. Stripes on top of doors and lower in the vehicle. Words on the tiles. The new license plate. These you'll have to make decals for.

It's been on my list of things to do, one day I will

The trickiest part is the yellow and black stripes down the sides which I want to try and do with bricks instead of stickers.

I was never a fan of the GB2 logo on the side of Ecto-1A nor the suits in the movie, to me it made no sense, in the GB universe they don't know they're in a sequel, so why would their logo be any different? that really bugged me so I'll likely leave that part out.

An Ecto-1a conversion is definitely possible. Easy part is adding to the roof. Multicolored trans cheese wedges instead of blue for sirens, big radar dish, big white tube on back, long tiles. The hard part is stuff that can't be replicated in bricks. No-ghost 2 sign on doors, rear, and hood. Phone number on sides. Stripes on top of doors and lower in the vehicle. Words on the tiles. The new license plate. These you'll have to make decals for.

Yeah it would be tricky to make scale stickers for the GB2 No-Ghost Lego and have the ecto-1a license plate

It's been on my list of things to do, one day I will

The trickiest part is the yellow and black stripes down the sides which I want to try and do with bricks instead of stickers.

I was never a fan of the GB2 logo on the side of Ecto-1A nor the suits in the movie, to me it made no sense, in the GB universe they don't know they're in a sequel, so why would their logo be any different? that really bugged me so I'll likely leave that part out.

maybe it's just when they run of out business and might be they upgraded the Ecto-1 I never seen the team use the Divariable Universe in the movie but in the The Real Ghostbusters they did in to detect the ecto surge caused by Mr. Tummell and to track down Marduk.

Your post spurred me to start work on it, I still have a few things to work on but it's 90% there.

Ecto1A_1.jpg

Ecto1A_2.jpg

Your post spurred me to start work on it, I still have a few things to work on but it's 90% there.

Ecto1A_1.jpg

Oh, that's just awesome!

Ecto1A_1.jpg

Ecto1A_2.jpg

Not bad at all I could nab another Ecto-1 and start modding the heck of it to make the -1a version but sadly it won't fit inside the future Lego Ghostbusters HQ doors on how the gadgets are taller then the doors.

Brent, that's awesome. I'm looking forward to an LDD file....

Edited by punkkid364