Artizan

[SoNE Ep. IV] Sector D: The Dead End

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

13900272264_c299781959_b.jpg

When we heard blaster shots coming from the corridors, we knew something was going on. We, pilots, were informed by our commanding officer that a group of rebels have infiltrated our base and were trying to rescue some prisoners from the facility. We acted quickly to secure the hangar bay, first we incapacitated the rebel transport ship which was ready to flee the prisoners, than we alerted the stormtrooper corps to prepare an ambush for the rebel infiltrators. The rebels were shocked to see that their only means of escape was blocked...

13900274224_2b78c05c3e_b.jpg

"It's a trap!"

13900274694_28b4fa6b36_b.jpg

The rebels were caught in the crossfire between our troops.

13899867065_a51e0149d1_b.jpg

13900276234_f5bacce59d_b.jpg

This is my entry for Episode 4, hope you like it and please feel free to comment!

There is not a single bit I don't like of your creation, well done! I especially like the vehicle, very original.

Another great build as usual Artizan. I really love that ship and the platform with lava in the background. That said, putting your enemies in a cross fire is a very bad idea and a good way to get killed by friendly fire. It's no wonder that Stormtroopers are so easy to kill. ;)

Really nice build! It's chockful of nice details and techniques.And the forced perspective (my favorite :wink: ) works fantastically. Always nice to see some Rebels captured as well!

The spacecraft almost warrants its own topic. It's a great design, and definetly Sullustan. I like how armored it looks, with every section tucked in between the heavy armor plates. The shapes on the front part are very tasty, and it's nice that you gave the cockpit a light downward twist. But for such a heavy looking craft, I would expect heavier engines. And for a Rebel ship, I would expect a bit more cannons. Maybe they just stole it like that. Yes, that's how Rebels are...

As for the hangar bay: wow. Some great techniques here. I like the SNOT floor (though if it were a bit more regular, it would be better), and those white stripes are really cool. Those, in collaboration with the nice angled doorway really make it an Impirial base, even more than the ensignas do. There are several details as well worth noting. Talking about those ensignas, the technique you used is great, so that no studs are shown. Also the lights, the glow of a ray shield in the hangar door, the cute little mouse droid, the nice red floor... goodness all around. My only tip would be to put a black surface underneat that hole, because the white is pretty destracting right now. A little bit of roof above the hangar door would be nice as well, but that would be all I can think about.

So great entry, and you have fought well for the Empire! Let them see what pilots can do!

Great build Artizan! :wub:

I really like the hangar and that forced perspective. Your shuttle looks very great too!

Another great build, Artizan. The ship is lovely and I can't believe I'm the only one who has commented on the mouse droid, ingenious idea to get it better in scale! :sweet:

Edited by Lord Tyrus

This is a great build with a lot going on. The hangar is well done and I like the portal in the floor (like on the death Star) and the entrance to the corridor with the Rebels. The volcanic backdrop is very nice and I really like the nose of the ship. The corridor is my favorite part of the build - I really like the details you've put into it. Excellent job!