Sign in to follow this  
Dapper-D2

[SoNE Ep. 4] Sector B: Hot seats!

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

As we entered the detention blocks we were expecting to kill some Imps and free some captives, but as we made our way down the cavern we heard a scream, a scream of death. I was not prepared for what we found.

Picture001_zps1a3a1746.jpg

Picture021_zps6c52d8f9.jpg

Picture020_zpsea599635.jpg

The Imps had managed to harness the underground lava flows and created something the prisoners had come to know as "hot seats." The idea was that when all other forms of interrogation and torture had failed to break the informants, they would strap two of them in the “hot seats” and burn one alive betting that his screams and the heat of his own seat would cause the other to start talking about the plans in the Outer Rim.

Picture006_zpsc6f241b2.jpg

Picture005_zps1490d61b.jpg

Picture016_zpsd79a82f5.jpg

We quickly dispatched the Stormtroopers.

Picture010_zps19e26ddf.jpg

Picture015_zps06973b22.jpg

I then took aim on the droid pulling the lever.

Picture007_zps7d85e404.jpg

Picture009_zps88d47322.jpg

Enjoy!

All this lava does seem to have brought out the bloodthirsty side of people ! :sick::devil:

A great build, I like the use of lights, and the astromech just getting out of the way of the blaster bolt :)

Wow, we imperials are some realy nasty people aren't we :wink: ? I was never fond to such interogation process but high command has some really gruesome ideas, soon enough we will see how many prisoners you saved from such a terrible end.

"Lego, the outlet for all your creative musings... and your dark thoughts!"

Well, there's quite a lot to like at least, if you don't like the subject ( read: shamlessly staged anti-Empirial propoganda). The ground has some really nice, but elegant, texture. And there are some nice details, like the different outlets on top of the... rooms.

I'm not overly fond of the base though. Too thick for my taste (does it have a function?), distracting from the rest of the build. Same goes for the overhanging bit. I feel like it's a nice addition, but the fact that it's protruding that much is not very pleasing... Luckily, the boulders, spotlights and other details make up for that.

To prove that I like your bit, let me propose a slightly different working principle, because you awakened the dark demon within me! How about at first, it isn't clear who of the two will be... heated. With the thought that they can still save themse.ves, or the other, they might just as well give in, without some energy wasted! If not, the same results would come... Darn, this really is an inspirational build!

@ BEAVeR. The base is thick because it houses the LEDs and Battery Box. The LEDs are under the hot seats, however I did not feel like these alone lit up the rooms enough, especially the one with the flames so I added the protruding bit to the side of that room which contains an additional lighted brick. There is also a lighted brick in the center computer console between the rooms which did not show up that well in the pictures I took. I also I am not very fond of creating structures and prefer to build ships, so I created the base with the idea that I would reuse it in other builds. I can easily change the face around the base to simplify it and want to include more LEDs in my future builds. Thanks for the feedback!

I noticed I had not yet commented on this yet - how rude of me! :laugh:

I like your build, the mix of bleys on the front with the rocks looks good, as do the grilled plates.

those heat cells could have used some more work though, but the central console looks a lot better.

Regarding the base, I don't see its thickness as a big problem, especially as there is electronics in it.

Ironic that a 2-1B droid designed for medicine and healing can so easily be repurposed for torture since it already has all the necessary knowledge for pain. Very interesting concept here. I like the design of the chambers as well. Great job!