Sign in to follow this  
Mike S

SG: Southern Gate

With all the renewed activity going on in Sultan's Gate, Bishop Jamon did not want to lose the opportunity to establish the Order of Aslan there. If he could secure one of the trade gates, it would help sustain the coffers of the Order. With such high stakes, the bishop himself traveled to Sultan's Gate to personally oversee this endeavor. He also brought along a small division of the Order's heavy cavalry to flaunt the Order's power.

13673525905_a4baaf5e2b_c.jpg

13673590403_66e6d9290a_c.jpg

13673506705_9db35703c7_c.jpg

Lovely gate...! Beautiful architecture and great damaged walls!

Edited by Gunman

Oh yes, this is great. Love how you build the walls using plates and thus creating this mulitlayer effect of the plaster peeling off in some parts. Awesome, I have to try that too. BTW, where did you get that elephant, Duplo?

Wow! Great work here, I like the use of the sideways studs for texture, that is not used often around here. I just passed up on buying a bunch of those gold round slopes, thinking I probably could not find a use for them. After seeing your build, I wish I had not. That detail looks tremendous! Everything is beautiful here!

I recently found my herd of elephants... I am very jealous of that build and may ask you to share the technique.

Ohhh, great build! My favorite part is the exposed studs on the wall, its a wonderful way to show damage!

This is great. Love the layered wall technique. Any chance we could get a better look at the elephant? From different angles?

You Kaliphlinites are getting really good at the "old busted wall" techniques! I also really like the gold bits.

BTW, where did you get that elephant, Duplo?

7414-1.1175441273.jpg

The light grey one is in the main set of the theme I think.

Mike, can we get some pics of the front end of the elephant?

Thanks everyone! I'll try to get some more photos of the elephant tomorrow with my final post of this wave.

BTW, where did you get that elephant, Duplo?

mrcp6d is correct. The elephant is from the Orient Expedition theme.

Wow! Great work here, I like the use of the sideways studs for texture, that is not used often around here. I just passed up on buying a bunch of those gold round slopes, thinking I probably could not find a use for them. After seeing your build, I wish I had not. That detail looks tremendous! Everything is beautiful here!

I recently found my herd of elephants... I am very jealous of that build and may ask you to share the technique.

I'd be happy to share the technique! Still not quite satisfied with the head piece but it was the best I could find out of my current brick supply.

Plate walls rock! I have been thinking about plates for texture, this is superb use. I think the towers look better than the walls, the wall holes are a bit too symmetrical. And sweet npu for technic plated elephant! This is a great build

Great addition to Sultan's Gate! That's also a fearsome fighting force, certainly makes for some good flaunting

Excellent build, especially the SNOTed run-down walls and the general shape of the towers!

Also great to see an elephant in the build, we don't see nearly enough of those in Kaliphlin :classic:

Great job, way to go with the SNOT walls, and those domes really finish it off. I really like the inclusion of the elephant too!

I already commented on this over at Flickr, but I can't say how great this MOC is. I love the look of the walls and the elefphant armor is perfectly done :thumbup:.

Great build! :thumbup:

I really like the idea of a SNOT-technique wall and the dark-tan segments add a nice battered look to the whole construction.

The war elephant is also a great idea, clever use of the red LEGO TECHNIC parts.

So nice - love all the wall texturing and your cavalry regiment looks great! :thumbup:

Superb wall texturing and I like the gatehouse shape a lot :thumbup: The dome on its side over the gate is a neat touch.

Excellent army as well :classic: