Sign in to follow this  
TheUtilityBelt

Nocturnan Travelers

With the war leaving many Nocturnans homeless, small bands of tavelers have been leaving Nocturnas unoticed. Having to travel through the swamps and marshes this particular group( and many more) are now headed towards regions of southern Avalonia and north western Kaliphlin.

13205763345_302dd61d20.jpg

Nocturnan Travelers by TheUtilityBelt32, on Flickr

13205877973_fc39a27cb3.jpg

Figless by TheUtilityBelt32, on Flickr

13205721975_a72e626667.jpg

All Figs by TheUtilityBelt32, on Flickr

13205712225_0589f742dc.jpg

Nocturnan Warlock by TheUtilityBelt32, on Flickr

13205702785_4b1705f0e9.jpg

Vampiric Warrior by TheUtilityBelt32, on Flickr

13205834733_afaba8416f.jpg

Nocturnan Warrior by TheUtilityBelt32, on Flickr

13205680735_4ef355d0e5.jpg

Traveling Kazzar by TheUtilityBelt32, on Flickr

This is a freebuild for Kaliphlin and I would like to claim the following PU credits: Anthropology(life in Nocturnus),Hydrology(still water), Landscape(dense foliage)

C&C welcome

Edited by TheUtilityBelt32

Nice job with the fig combos! I'm guessing the dark green plates are the water?(Tiles would help with this :wink: ) And the plants look good. :thumbup:

Nice job with the fig combos! I'm guessing the dark green plates are the water?(Tiles would help with this :wink: )

Yes, the green plates are water and I hadn't thought about tiles. (but I'm not sure if I have many green ones :sceptic: )

Nice characters and great job with the first photo! Goes to show that good photography can compensate for simpler builds. I still can't quite get the hang of it since most of the time my builds look so much better in RL than in the photos.

Nice characters and great job with the first photo! Goes to show that good photography can compensate for simpler builds. I still can't quite get the hang of it since most of the time my builds look so much better in RL than in the photos.

Great fig combos!

Excellent figs, I love the raven!

Thanks all!

Do the ravens have a specific name for they're species?

Really nice fig combinations there! That warlock looks really scary :classic:

Regarding UoP I will definitely say +1 for Anthropology: Life in Nocturnus. I don't see any still water in the build but I can say +1 for Geography: Swamp or +1 for Landscaping: Dense Foliage.

Generally, I think a build has to be somewhat bigger or more elaborate to be eligible for 3-4 credits.

I understand that some builders have a smaller collection to work with, but a good idea then is to make a lot of smaller high-quality builds to gain the UoP credits instead :classic:

Maybe try SNOTed bricks, works very well as a water surface (actually better than tiles to make it look really flat)? :classic:

+1 UP DoH! The croc fig is pretty neat!

Edit: Sorry I didn't make it clear at first, but I agree with Gideon that you should pick either swamp or dense foilage.

Edited by Kai NRG

Thanks for all of the advice guys!

Thanks for all the advice guys! EDIT: I've now removed Geography (swamp) from my claims.

Edited by TheUtilityBelt32

Nice figs there, I like warlok's head;)

Edited by Gunman

EDIT: I've now removed Geography (swamp) from my claims.

I'll +1 the dense foliage then.

Nice figs, but the moc would look a little better if the foliage wasn't so sparse. In regards to UoP credits I'll give you +1 for Life in Nocturnus. In order to get the other two claims, I'd say the foliage needs to be denser; also the utilization of a couple green baseplates doesn't really qualify for mastery of a water technique. Sorry for the strict criticism, but I suppose this is all about improving our building in the long run anyway.

Edited by Scaevola