This is my Phase 1 build for the House category in AoM.

This was a fairly simple build, I tried some new furniture designs and tried to make the house look like a common medieval cottage.

Many new houses have been springing up in Daydelon, half-timber cottages with thatch roofs are common because of their low cost and quick construction.

overview.JPG

front.JPG

back.JPG

All C&C welcome :classic:

small, but really nice. I especially like the cross cut. So are you also going to put together a larger settlement?

small, but really nice. I especially like the cross cut. So are you also going to put together a larger settlement?

Thanks kabel! And unfortunately, no, I don't have the space (nor the pieces) to make a complete town right now. But I am going to be developing Daydelon with lots more buildings :classic:

Sweet little house Isaac... nice

Thanks Gunman :classic:

I like the windows.

Thanks Carson, I first used that design in my Valdrfell Stables build, but they were pretty hard to see there, so I wanted to use them again :classic:

Nice job with the ice and snow and with the roof texturing. Though, I think it would look better with dark tan instead of light. Those windows are cool too. :thumbup:

The window are nice SK, but they need shutters--it's cold up in Mitgardia! :wink:

I don't think I've seen taps used for furniture like that before, I'll have to keep that in mind.

Nice job with the ice and snow and with the roof texturing. Though, I think it would look better with dark tan instead of light. Those windows are cool too. :thumbup:

Thank you, I've used dark tan a lot for thatched roofs, I decided to try tan with this one. Both are pretty close to what real hay looks like :classic:

The window are nice SK, but they need shutters--it's cold up in Mitgardia! :wink:

I don't think I've seen taps used for furniture like that before, I'll have to keep that in mind.

Thanks mrcp6d! And great suggestion for the windows, I used to do shutters a lot and haven't recently :blush:

Now that you pointed them out, the windows do look realy nice!

Excellent build Issac. :)

~RBC

Thanks RBC :classic:

A small but very neat and cozy building. The legs of the furniture are clever, and the straw roof looks very good as well. And everything else, I just highlighted some. :)

Nice job, I really like the bed frame and the windows.

Thanks Torgar, I'm glad you noticed the bedframe design :classic:

A small but very neat and cozy building. The legs of the furniture are clever, and the straw roof looks very good as well. And everything else, I just highlighted some. :)

Thanks Yooha, I've been trying to start making some new furniture designs, rather than just re-using old ones :classic:

Simple and small but effective, I like it :wink:

Thanks Wedge :classic:

Great wood work! Love the roof! :thumbup:

Thanks Infernum :classic:

I really like the roof design and how you've made the cutout. Looking forward to more buildings!