Sign in to follow this  
de Gothia

Ch II - Prolouge - Rumours in Sionnach

The rumours about the ships seen close to the coasts of Avalonia swept through Avalonia and Benoic like the summer breeze.. Soon the talk about what it was that the drunken sailor had seen was everywhere.

13016765005_da6455bbd5.jpg

-I have heard that the Drows are coming!! Wimpy William said.

- Calm down, we don´t know that yet. We don´t even know if it was ships or something that that drunken fella made up! Cyfan the seamstress said, looking angry at William for going around in Sionnach and make the kids scared about the talk of Drow.

- We have a strong leader in Varis, who hates the Drow so if they are coming here by boats they have come to get their butts kicked, the soldier said.

- I will make more swords, spears and amours than ever.. Orders from Lord de Gothia. Said Toireann the blacksmith replied.

- But soon we all know if the Drows are coming and how many they be. I fear for our lifes he.... William said but was interrupted by Toireann.

- But we will build our city strong! Walls, soldiers and swords will meet any Drow trying to take Benoic! See how it went last time the Hand soldiers tried to came here! de Gothia and our soldiers slaughtred them outside of the city!

William walked away, he had a bad feeling about this ship, the drunken sailor and the future of Avalonia. He left Benoic that same day, fleeing to Albion...

13016749485_e91db551a2.jpg

13016941493_1236ca5e59.jpg

13017176404_87f2b9ce51.jpg

13017181224_8d54f4e834.jpg

This build is for the HSS challenge aswell as the Rumours challenge. I will incoporate the blacksmith into the layout of Sionnach..

C&C as always welcome!

Excellent build DG! I saw pictures on Flickr, and was looking forward to this post. I like the blacksmith section and the overall style of the house, which is standard for your builds. I really like the incorporation of the current goings-on in Avalonia. Great work!

De Gothia, Well done. your builds really enforce the fact that I need to get off my butt and start building. I keep thinking Ill pull apart my USC Yoda to get some Sand Green for a build but haven't done it yet. great story too.

I love the house! Really good! Nice details, absolutely amazing! Best thing is the chimney, looks so good.

I always enjoy seeing your buildings, your floorplans are excellent and inspiring :thumbup: I really like the wooden addition and thatched roof providing cover for the blacksmith's work space. The first floor windows look great, as does the roofline.

I actually just build a blacksmith's shop myself, that I'll post today or tomorrow :laugh:

Nice one, as always. And, I really like this light green, brown color sceme you're putting into your builds regularily. So are you planning to add on to this? And if yes, which technique are you going to use?

Thanks för the kind words everybody! :blush:

The utility belt: I have a photo tent and then I edit my background in Gimp, add the text and add the Avalonian border aswell. Gimp is awesome and free! :wink:

kabel: Not sure I follow you. If I will add on to this moc? This blacksmith will be put into Sionnach. The technique for what..? :blush:

first question was wether this was going to be put to the rest of the village, but you answered that one,

second question: the technique for connecting the modules, there are actually several ways to achieve this, and I was wondering which you were going to use as half technic pins tend to be a little tricky

Nice MOC! I particularly like the bay windows on the end of the lower level.

I do think the thatch roof is kind of weak. Adding some "structure" to hold up and hide the edge of the thatch would solve this I think.

Excellent! I love the color scheme, and the floorplan is really well done.

Really nice build, I love that color scheme :classic:

A detail which caught my eye was also the windows on the lower floor, simple but really nice!

Edited by Gideon

Nice build, and perfect posing/faces on the minifigs. Wimpy William's face was especially amusing and suiting. :laugh: