SkaForHire

Mitgardian Revenge... Murder on the High Seas! A true tale of the

Mitgardian Attack on the Sea Elves

Mitgardians have become anxious in the last month. After claiming Kaliphlin pirates were molesting their trade, they have deployed the navy at sea to “deter” these pirates.

One of the more feared squadrons out of the Great White North is the Black Squadron. It consists of three vessels, a fighting platform Cog called the Loki, a small cog called the Fishmonger’s Wife, and a raider class vessel called The Grogslaughter. The Black Squadron makes port at a small harbor in the south of Mitgardia. It is so effective because all of its officers graduated from the Mitgardia Naval Academy in the same year and were deployed together. They have a strong bond that has led to their undefeated record on the waves.

Class portrait of the class of the year 94 AH:

12920808545_ec59a07b92.jpg

DSC_0821 by skaforhire, on FlickrThe bottom

From left to right. The top row, graduating the top of their class and earning the Thor’s Shield for their class, Alvin Arlonson and Porter Thorsfoot .The middle row is Jack Parso and Sven Yarlson, all four of these officers are on the Grogslaughter. In the bottom row: Harold Vales of the Loki, next to him is the man who graduated dead last, Nelbert Northman, next to him is Guindis Ogleson both of the Fishmonger’s Wife, and last is the Loki’s captain, Marl Turnstorm.

A standing navy is an expensive luxury, so most of the time these ships are in drydock and the crew is furrowed. – But not this year, Mitgardia on heightened alert has sent its ships to sea.

The Fishmonger’s Wife:

12920541603_d30846af03.jpg

DSC_0795 by skaforhire, on Flickr

And the Loki

12920412275_07f31892fc.jpg

DSC_0777 by skaforhire, on Flickr

The Sea Elves.

Sea Elves, sometimes called Sea Gypsies, are a people estranged from their homeland. They rarely come on land other than to sell the fish they have caught and to repair their boats. Sometimes they don’t even come to land for these matters, as they prefer to trade at sea. They are pacifists, and don’t carry weapons. They prefer to run from a fight. This makes them common targets for piracy. Because of this, certain bands of Sea Elves have made pacts with navies of some guilds to protect them. By far, the largest population of Sea Elves claiming allegiance to a guild fly the Kaliphlin flag. Kaliphlin traders have found great value in protecting the Sea Elves and making them lasting trading partners.

Sea Elves take in anyone who wants to join them in their life on the sea. For this reason, the Sea Elves are a diverse people, most being half-elf or fully human. Long ago almost all Sea Elves were pure elves though.

Here is a band of Sea Elves fishing in the waters North of the Mystic Isles

12920449223_0b7f5c7a5c.jpg

DSC_0652 by skaforhire, on Flickr.

Sea Elf children learn to work close to their parents early on. Babies are often kept above deck so that they learn fishing before speaking.

12920783844_9b6e10de6a.jpg

DSC_0660 by skaforhire, on Flickr

12920479063_b73e394dd2.jpg

DSC_0665 by skaforhire, on Flickr

12920344085_fc28213eb5.jpg

DSC_0647 by skaforhire, on Flickr

These poor sea elves have just spotted warships on the horizon. The wind is not in their favor, they must pray that the Mitgardians approaching are good law-abiding citizens of the sea.

12920843174_6e3a4ec9e3.jpg

DSC_0791 by skaforhire, on Flickr

12920458135_cba5c07494.jpg

DSC_0799 by skaforhire, on Flickr

It’s the Loki and the Fishmonger’s Wife. The Grogslaughter is being refit. Still, two thirds of the squadron is more than enough power to stop the Sea Elves. They have no choice but to come alongside the Mitgardians and submit to search.

12920429745_b1ba1dc091.jpg

DSC_0783 by skaforhire, on Flickr

But these Mitgardians have been bored at sea for nearly a month now. They want action, not routine stop and searches. Their captains seem willing to give this action to them.

12920846274_1da93ef828.jpg

DSC_0792 by skaforhire, on Flickr

Guindis Ogleson orders a boarding party to go aboard the smaller Sea Elf Craft.

12920570823_6c5c648cf3.jpg

DSC_0806 by skaforhire, on Flickr

Ogleson kills the father of the baby on board this ship, and while the mother looks on, a Mitgardian sailor throws her baby to the sharks.

12920479845_cdcd5ef08f.jpg

DSC_0811 by skaforhire, on Flickr

She is then skewered by another Mitgardian who says “Look Cap’ I shows ya how to fish!” and then hoists her body over the edge to bate the sharks. Her last thoughts are happy as she knows she will be with her family soon.

12920493045_a3a0932483.jpg

DSC_0815 by skaforhire, on Flickr

The Sea Elves on the other ship fair just as poorly. The Mitgardians from the Loki make the elves jump from the ship and swim as fast as they can. Then, the Mitgardians use them as target practice. The youngster on this ship was killed by Harold Vales’ own sword.

The Mitgardians finished murdering the rest of the crew and sunk the smaller junk. They then sailed away with a prize crew aboard the larger Sea Elf ship. The Officers of the class of 94 know they will make a pretty penny selling this boat in a Mitgardian port. The Officers have a good laugh about it and look forward to taking more prizes from the Kaliphlinites.

12920415685_29f74a12df.jpg

DSC_0778 by skaforhire, on Flickr

12920477365_0b98cb56b4.jpg

DSC_0809 by skaforhire, on Flickr

Mitgardians high-five after throwing a baby to the sharks.

A note on the builds: I wasn't trying to make water, I didn't have enough time for that. I used a few wave crests I had made a while back strategically in some of the pictures. The MOC sea elf ship was an attempt to make a larger boat that fit with the smaller orient adventures boat. I have like 11 of those, and I was trying to find some alternatives to diversify the sea elf fleet.

Edited by SkaForHire

The Black Sqadron has been missing for months, they are not operating under Mitgardian control. Steen Larsson, Vice Admiral of the Mitgardian Fleet, wonders what these AWOL! sailors are doing that far South, condemns these acts of savagery and orders his other captains to follow the Black Sqadron and bring their captains to justice!

The Sea Elves have always been great trading partners and shall not be harmed further!

(Nice assortment of ships, great story telling!)

The Black Squadron must be brought to justice immediately! The sea elves are innocent traders and fishers. This incident cannot go unchallenged. Look how quickly Steen Larsson jumps to disown the murderers flying his flag -almost as if he had advance notice of what evil was in their hearts.

Very nice minifig posing and I love the colours on the Loki. Great story too, very tragic.

:classic:

almost as if he had advance notice of what evil was in their hearts.

so what's that supposed to mean? There are of course evil doers on both side of the fence! Had we known who these people are, they wouldn't have recieved command over one of our ships!

It's funny what drinking sea-water will do to your imagination. I heard it told from many sailors that these particular Sea Elves had faced a tragic storm and had been shipwrecked at sea for weeks. A lone survivor drank sea-water to stay alive and came back with this horrible tale. As his brain was addled by the sea-water no sane person would believe his outrageous tale. I guess Kaliphlinites are more gullible.

either it's that, or it's the drow who are behind this, I think we should send out our ships and investigate the issue ourselves + we also need to find out what this drunk Avalonian sailor saw at the Horizon!

...Look how quickly Steen Larsson jumps to disown the murderers flying his flag -almost as if he had advance notice of what evil was in their hearts...

Those are clearly not law-abiding Mitgardians - they are flying the Lenfald Flag! The Mitgardian flag is green and yellow, not dark green :sceptic:

On another note, nice work on the Lenfald ships :laugh:

Edited by Garmadon

Those are clearly not law-abiding Mitgardians - they are flying the Lenfald Flag! The Mitgardian flag is green and yellow, not dark green :sceptic:

On another note, nice work on the Lenfald ships :laugh:

Green soils quickly, besides in the whole history of Historica we have been very lenient on flags and variations of flags. That is why there is no official crests for any of the guilds. If these were from the imaginary land of Lenfald, I don't think they would be full of obvious northmen warriors.

Green soils quickly, besides in the whole history of Historica we have been very lenient on flags and variations of flags. That is why there is no official crests for any of the guilds.

...We Kaliphlinians applaud the harbor master for ridding Kaliphlin of these troublesome pirates. It must be noted that the flag bears proof that these pirates are not of Kaliphlin nobility for they did not fly the dark blue flag.

So we are not allowed to use the same arguments as the Kaliphlinians did when their "pirates" did something similar :look:

...If these were from the imaginary land of Lenfald, I don't think they would be full of obvious northmen warriors.

More like obvious pirates :laugh: (wearing a helmet with horns on it doesn't make you a Mitgardian)

Edited by Garmadon

That's a very nice story! :sweet: The ships look great and the number is impressive. I also like the use of older parts for the figs. Good job!

We'll show those Mitgardian Pirate Wannabes!

Good work with the boats too!

Why the Sea Elves!? I knew one sailing close to that area! Let's hope you Mitgardians check up on your "navy" more often from now on.

Edited by TheUtilityBelt32

So we are not allowed to use the same arguments as the Kaliphlinians did when their "pirates" did something similar :look:

More like obvious pirates :laugh: (wearing a helmet with horns on it doesn't make you a Mitgardian)

I did not see that comment in the previous thread. I would have said the same there. Now I think it is funny that you were just repeating the argument. haha,

Mitgardian fashionable headgear on plain non-Mitgardian pirates? Never!

I did not see that comment in the previous thread. I would have said the same there. Now I think it is funny that you were just repeating the argument. haha,

That was the idea, I wouldn't have brought it up if it hadn't been used in that context before :wink:

Mitgardian fashionable headgear on plain non-Mitgardian pirates? Never!

They are probably Kaliphlinian pirates trying to get us involved in a war... seems like it isn't that hard to trick some people, all you have to do is put on a hat and - vouila! - your a Mitgardian :look:

P.S. could we call it quits now :wink:

Edited by Garmadon

They are probably Mitgardian pirates trying to get us involved in a war... seems like it isn't that hard to trick some people, all you have to do is put on a hat and - vouila! - your a Kaliphlinian :look:

I think you are referring to the Thorshaven incident which appears to have been staged by Mitgardian 5th columnists with the sole purpose of stimulating the boatyards of Historica :grin:. That's fine, the PGTC is very long timber and hemp right now.

This senseless massacre is something much more sinister and terrible.

I think you are referring to the Thorshaven incident which appears to have been staged by Mitgardian 5th columnists with the sole purpose of stimulating the boatyards of Historica :grin:...

Classic Mitgardian ( :look:) hyperbole -- taking my quote out of context...

Well, at least Mitgardians don't modify the quotes to make them say what they want them to :wacko:

Edited by Garmadon

Well, at least Mitgardians don't modify the quotes to make them say what they want them to :wacko:

Wait, but that is exactly what happened when I made that comment!

Wait, but that is exactly what happened when I made that comment!

Classic case of Kaliphlin arrogance. Just as Steen was trying to cool things down so they don't lead to a war between the two guilds, you are pooring more oil into the fire. Now, who is the real war monger? Not the Mitgardians, we just protect ourselves against your filthy privateers. Why doesn't the great council of Kaliphlin revoke those letters of marque and we shall see what can be done about the Black Squadron!

Why doesn't the great council of Kaliphlin revoke those letters of marque and we shall see what can be done about the Black Squadron!

...er., you mean...exactly like we did....?

Never fear, we Kaliphlins know that not all Mitgardians are riotous troublemakers! Those that bring their goods to trade and behave themselves are more than welcome!

Poor, poor Mitgardians. They can't see how easy it is for a pirate to get ahold of a few official looking suits?

Just wait until you see what your men do as soon as they get beyond your sight!

As for the Arandela Negra, we can certainly do without her. We applaud the Mitgardians who have put down another pirate pretending to sail under the Kaliphlin colors!

And of course, go ahead and hunt down more Mitgardian commissioned 'Kaliphlin' pirates.

Not only that, but the whole Kaliphlin economy has been mobilised to deliver humanitarian supplies to Mitgardia ever since the Thorshaven incident. And this is how you repay us!

Edited by robuko

So Kai is authorized to speak for the Council? That's News! We shall henceforth limit our public converstion to only this spokes person, is that what you are trying to say?

Kaliphlin's high council does not mute its members. If one of the high council disagrees, they will state it. We air our opinions because that leads to rational discussion; this my friend, is the essence of civilization.

-Dugal MacLean

So Kai is authorized to speak for the Council? That's News!...

You didn't know that? :tongue:

Kaliphlin's high council does not mute its members. If one of the high council disagrees, they will state it. We air our opinions because that leads to rational discussion; this my friend, is the essence of civilization.

-Dugal MacLean

Exactly! :thumbup:

please people, lets not make a war of this, those pirates where clearly not under our flag

Don't worry, it's just playful. :wink: We've had several 'almost invasions' before (those elves were going to march straight up to Valholl if I recall correctly...).

Hey, a little war once in a while never hurt anybody. I think it's time for me to fit out a Mitgardian cog and see if we can't put a stop to this besmirching of our good name. (I mean, really - they threw a baby to the sharks? That's good ransom money gone to waste! Amateurs!)

(I mean, really - they threw a baby to the sharks? That's good ransom money gone to waste! Amateurs!)

:laugh: