Sign in to follow this  
oo7

Joyous Cinco De Mayo!

indexed.gif

Wishing a feliz Cinco De Mayo to all who are thankful for General Ignacio Zaragoza's victory on May 5, 1862, over the French expeditionary forces in the Battle of Puebla!

cdm1.jpg

cdm4.jpg

The whole rebellious folder once moderated!

Mexicanos, al grito de guerra

el acero aprestad y el brid�n.

Y retiemble en sus centros la tierra,

al sonoro rugir del ca��n.

�Y retiemble en sus centros la tierra,

al sonoro rugir del ca��n!

It's the first time I hear about that battle.

Do you have some more background information?

Good use of b&w to give this MOC an historic touch.

Interesting story and a nice vignette. You managed to put a lot of action in such

a small place without making the scenery looking overwhelmed. *y*

Look posting on my Bday a French deafeat !! That is soo thoughtfull :-D :-P Quoting Team America I would have to say "No me gusta" !! X-D

Always great to have some historical MOCs *sweet* !! Its great to ba able to watch a nice scenery, vig, MOC (...) and learn things as well.

Really this looks like a great vig, would you please post more pics of it ;-) Your figs are really nice but I would love to see more overall pics ;-)

*yoda*

A day celebrating the defeat of the French? What's with that? If the anyone else had a holiday for each time they defeated the French, they'd have to take a whole month off... :-P

Steve

Interesting story and a nice vignette. You managed to put a lot of action in such

a small place without making the scenery looking overwhelmed. *y*

Thank you, Asuka. One wonders how I could have made it look more overwhelmed. 8-|

Look posting on my Bday a French deafeat !! That is soo thoughtfull :-D :-P Quoting Team America I would have to say "No me gusta" !! X-D

Yep, that did occur to me, but not immediately. :-P

Although I must say.......Team America.....is sooo stupid :-| (please don't hurt me).

Always great to have some historical MOCs *sweet* !! Its great to ba able to watch a nice scenery, vig, MOC (...) and learn things as well.

Really this looks like a great vig, would you please post more pics of it ;-) Your figs are really nice but I would love to see more overall pics ;-)

That's a big part of what makes H&A my favorite theme! Thank you Yoda, I'll see if I have some more later when I get back to my PC.

A day celebrating the defeat of the French? What's with that? If the anyone else had a holiday for each time they defeated the French, they'd have to take a whole month off... :-P

This is for you, Mr. Athos;

EU Hightened Security

By SARAH KARUSH, Associated Press Writer 47 minutes ago

WASHINGTON - The English are feeling the pinch in relation to recent terrorist threats and have raised their security level from "Miffed" to "Peeved." Soon, though, security levels may be raised yet again to "Irritated" or even "A Bit Cross." Londoners have not been "A Bit Cross" since the blitz in 1940 when tea supplies all but ran out. Terrorists have been re-categorized from "Tiresome" to a "Bloody Nuisance." The last time the

British issued a "Bloody Nuisance" warning level was during the great fire of 1666.

Also, the French government announced yesterday that it has raised its terror alert level from "Run" to "Hide." The only two higher levels in France are "Surrender" and "Collaborate." The rise was precipitated by a recent fire that destroyed France's white flag factory, effectively paralyzing the country's military capability. It's not only the English and French that are on a heightened level of alert.

Italy has increased the alert level from "Shout Loudly and Excitedly" to "Elaborate Military Posturing." Two more levels remain: "Ineffective Combat Operations" and "Change Sides."

The Germans also increased their alert state from "Disdainful Arrogance" to "Dress in Uniform and Sing Marching Songs." They also have two higher levels: "Invade a Neighbor" and "Lose."

Belgians, on the other hand, are all on holiday as usual, and the only threat they are worried about is NATO pulling out of Brussels.

The Spanish are all excited to see their new submarines ready to deploy. These beautifully designed subs have glass bottoms so the new Spanish navy can get a really good look at the old Spanish navy.

X-D Please don't kill me.

This is for you, Mr. Athos;
EU Hightened Security

By SARAH KARUSH, Associated Press Writer 47 minutes ago

WASHINGTON - The English are feeling the pinch in relation to recent terrorist threats and have raised their security level from "Miffed" to "Peeved." Soon, though, security levels may be raised yet again to "Irritated" or even "A Bit Cross." Londoners have not been "A Bit Cross" since the blitz in 1940 when tea supplies all but ran out. Terrorists have been re-categorized from "Tiresome" to a "Bloody Nuisance." The last time the

British issued a "Bloody Nuisance" warning level was during the great fire of 1666.

Also, the French government announced yesterday that it has raised its terror alert level from "Run" to "Hide." The only two higher levels in France are "Surrender" and "Collaborate." The rise was precipitated by a recent fire that destroyed France's white flag factory, effectively paralyzing the country's military capability. It's not only the English and French that are on a heightened level of alert.

Italy has increased the alert level from "Shout Loudly and Excitedly" to "Elaborate Military Posturing." Two more levels remain: "Ineffective Combat Operations" and "Change Sides."

The Germans also increased their alert state from "Disdainful Arrogance" to "Dress in Uniform and Sing Marching Songs." They also have two higher levels: "Invade a Neighbor" and "Lose."

Belgians, on the other hand, are all on holiday as usual, and the only threat they are worried about is NATO pulling out of Brussels.

The Spanish are all excited to see their new submarines ready to deploy. These beautifully designed subs have glass bottoms so the new Spanish navy can get a really good look at the old Spanish navy.

Please don't kill me.

Hillarious. That makes my day!

Steve

Thanks! I've read the article during my work break.

Interesting to learn something new about the history of Mexico.

AND the history of your much beloved Empeial France!! X-O (You are certainly welcome.)

Now that I'm at my PC, the pictures as promised;

dsc00952.jpg

dsc00948.jpg

dsc00950.jpg

Unfortunately these are the only ones I have left and they're from partway through the digital manimulation process.

Hillarious. That makes my day!

Steve

Yay!! :-D I made Steve's day! That would make me some sort of divine postulated supernatural deity, wouldn't it? X-D

Steve

X-D X-D X-D

Tricolour On

copmike