Simon_S

HSS Military: Belynia Castle

Chapter 1: The Little Vagabond Tavern

Chapter 2: The Discovery of Nalderic

Chapter 3: A Warm Welcome

Challenge 1 (A): A Bad Nocty!

Challenge 1 ©: The Genius Malignus

After Simon of Nalderic found the Herba Absynthii, the holy cabbage, he rescued his friends from Remigias and the other elves, nobody stood in the way to become king...

Simon: "Kneel down, folks! I have something to tell you. As our new king, the first thing I'm going to do is to build a castle! If we want to be a strong and autonomous nation, we'll have to defend ourselfs."

Farmer: "Why do we need to be independent? I don't care who my king is, as long it's not such a fool as you!"

Simon: "Do you want to pay taxes to some rich Lords on the mainland so they even get richer? No. So we have to be autonomous and that also means that I want my castle... Now! Get to work!"

And so, after a short time Simon of Nalderic finally had his own fortress from where he ruled the small isle.

12817687753_45b5bf2a6d.jpg

To be continued...

__________________________________________________________________________________

More pics you can find in this Flickr set. I will exhibit the whole diorama on the SteinCHenwelt (I hope to get done all REQ until then).

Thanks for checking out and have a nice day!

Simon

looks really cool, i like the plants on the wall and the tilts on the walls and towers (i believe it is in english, otherwise blame google translate)

Edited by LegoPanda

That's awesome :thumbup: :thumbup: I really like it and I think it is one of your best works :wink:

I really love the castle all the way, angles, walls, cobble stones ... all superb - however, what really does it for me is the effective usage of foiliage in this build. Well done Sir!

looks really cool, i like the plants on the wall and the tilts on the walls and towers (i believe it is in english, otherwise blame google translate)

Thank you LegoPanda!

Amazing build. Love the front gate and use of the Minotaur head for a moose head. What piece did you use for antlers?

Thanks man. The minotaur head and the antlers are both custom items from BrickWarriors.com

That is one awesome looking castle! Great work!

Thanks mate :classic:

That's awesome :thumbup: :thumbup: I really like it and I think it is one of your best works :wink:

Thank you Wedge. Just wait for the other modules of it, then it will be evident that this will be my best work yet :wink:.

Amazing work... Very beautiful MOC... GJ mate

Thanks mate!

I really love the castle all the way, angles, walls, cobble stones ... all superb - however, what really does it for me is the effective usage of foiliage in this build. Well done Sir!

Thank you kabel. It's always nice to hear such nice words from a long time GoH member. When I'm looking at the picture, I also think that the foilage is very important, but in the real life build, the castle does the way better job (also the time I invested: A lot of time in the castle vs something around a half hour for the foilage).

This is beautiful Simon, the castle is amazing! Your character seems to be a demanding person. :)

@Simon: I know that building this thing was the main effort, what I was gonna say though is that it is exactly this well caculated and limited usage of foiliage pieces that makes the castle stand out so much, instead of drowning it in a sea of green!

Very nice castle! I especially like the left tower and the cliff it stands on :classic:

Did I understand it correctly that this is a part of a larger diorama? In that case I can't wait to see the rest!

Woow! This is just so great Simon! :wub:I agree with kabel about the foliage. The castle stands out so much because of it! And they blend together as well! Just amazing! The rock work is also just bravo!! :thumbup:

I agree with Kabel, the use of greenery/foliage really goes well with the castle. It makes it look like the castle's built into the surroundings, all while accenting it very nicely.

Awesome build! I love the colors and the architecture! Great shaping on the castle! I love the interior and the stained glass too! Great job! :wink::thumbup:

Great work! The texture of the walls is really great, and so is the tudor section! And as others have said, the landscaping really adds to it! :thumbup:

Wow, awesome castle dude. Generally a great MOC, foilage, wall structure, use of windows and I like the interior as well.

What is down the hole?

This is beautiful Simon, the castle is amazing! Your character seems to be a demanding person. :)

Thanks Matt!

@Simon: I know that building this thing was the main effort, what I was gonna say though is that it is exactly this well caculated and limited usage of foiliage pieces that makes the castle stand out so much, instead of drowning it in a sea of green!

Yeah, I think I got you. I tried to do not too much foilage, as I did it back in this build, where most of the stonework (or at least a big part) just got covered:

8524185884_bc636cdf87.jpg

Very nice castle! I especially like the left tower and the cliff it stands on :classic:

Did I understand it correctly that this is a part of a larger diorama? In that case I can't wait to see the rest!

Yep, you did understand it correctly. Here are (only) 4 32x32 baseplates, the final product will be 2x4 or even 2x5 plates. You luckily don't have to wait too long, as I want to finish it for the SteinCHenwelt, which starts in a month... this will be a hard time building, but luckily I also have some holidays now (today's the last school day :laugh:).

Woow! This is just so great Simon! :wub:I agree with kabel about the foliage. The castle stands out so much because of it! And they blend together as well! Just amazing! The rock work is also just bravo!! :thumbup:

Thanks for the high praise! I also look forward to your castle. You will be building one soon, right?

I agree with Kabel, the use of greenery/foliage really goes well with the castle. It makes it look like the castle's built into the surroundings, all while accenting it very nicely.

Thank you Hammerhand :classic:.

Awesome build! I love the colors and the architecture! Great shaping on the castle! I love the interior and the stained glass too! Great job! :wink::thumbup:

Thanks Infernum! I'm not so experienced with interiors, but I thought I should also give them a try and it was a lot of fun, so I will surely do more of these again :wink:.

Simply amazing! Great work, and the layout of the walls makes a cool shape!

Thank you!

Great work! The texture of the walls is really great, and so is the tudor section! And as others have said, the landscaping really adds to it! :thumbup:

Thanks mate!

Beautiful!

Thanks Carson :classic:.

Wow, awesome castle dude. Generally a great MOC, foilage, wall structure, use of windows and I like the interior as well.

What is down the hole?

Thank you narbilu!

If you mean the courtyard with "hole", here's a pic:

12817674623_8e82358d89.jpg

Tremendous castle, especially for your first :wub_drool: The layout is superb as are the wall detailing and crenelations :thumbup: I like the wooden railings on the wall walks, that's not something you see often and they look great.

The stables in the courtyard is a nice touch and I really like the entryways to the different towers :wub: And the fact that you included interiors makes it all the better. Great work!

Have a huge soft spot for beautiful castles with accessible rooms. Excellent build bud.

Thank you. I hope to do more castles in the future.

Tremendous castle, especially for your first :wub_drool: The layout is superb as are the wall detailing and crenelations :thumbup: I like the wooden railings on the wall walks, that's not something you see often and they look great.

The stables in the courtyard is a nice touch and I really like the entryways to the different towers :wub: And the fact that you included interiors makes it all the better. Great work!

Thank you for the kind comment! Also, I was sure that I would find the word "interior" somewhere in it :wink:. Now, after I built some, I also know why you love them that much!

Excellent build, and great details on the castle, especially on the top of the towers :wink:

The foliage and rock-work really add a lot to the build too, and the balcony is superb :thumbup:

Great job :sweet:

Wow. Just wow. I love the snot rock work inside. I need to learn better how to do that!