Ulrik Hansen

ObliqueAngleMicroRoad System

Hello. Ten days ago I posted my MOC City of Copenhagen here on Eurobricks. I also mentioned how I had come up with a solution I call OAMR System to solve the oblique angled roads and now I have made a collage to discribe the basics of it. There are of course a lot of other tricks (and variations of the illustrated examples) involved in my MOC but these got me started:

12817896094_917de1f0dc_b.jpg

Edited by Ulrik Hansen

Lovely. Thanks for the "guide".

I did wonder about a lot of the angles used and how you achieved them when i visited LEGOworld. Unfortunately i didnt have a chance to talk to you since you were busy talking to some other dude and i had my sisters twins driving me crazy as well. :D

Elskede virkeligt dit micro build, du burde smide nogle flere billeder op herinde for dem du har herinde retfærdiggører slet ikke dit overordnede MOC . :)

Edited by LEGO Family

Oh, neat! So it ends up being a mosaic, since not everything is connected? That's pretty clever.

Yes, that's it :) the bottom consists of 8 x 16 tiles.

Edited by Ulrik Hansen

To get a sence of what measures/angles to use, I made a plan with Adobe Illustrator. Here's an image of the layout:

13446308693_5eeb507534_b.jpg

Edited by Ulrik Hansen

To get a sence of what measures/angles to use, I made a plan with Adobe Illustrator. Here's an image of the layout:

Wow, that is truly amazing. When I will find some time, I will try the OAMR System for my hometown here in Germany. But first I have to define a suitable section. Do you remember which scale you use? Like how many meters equal how many studs?

It's around 1:1500 — I never use scale when I build but I had the question asked quite a few times, especially at LEGO World, so there you have it :)

I am currious about what's your hometown?

Thank you for the Info!

My hometown is not that spectacular. It's Saarbrücken, located in the south-west of Germany a 5 minutes drive away from the french border.

Ah ... I remember the city name from the drive through Germany to my brothers wedding in Nancy :classic: I just looked it up, and with the river along the "mitte", I think it would be great for a MOC :sweet: I did not at all include as much of Copenhagen as some ppl considered important. I tried to think of it as what both a tourist and someone living there would appreciate and not go too big. Then rotate that area to the nearest possible angles for all to fall into place.

Edited by Ulrik Hansen