Alfadas

AoM - Stable phase lll - Training day

[i]Finally. After all those hours of work, the stables are ready. Finished. Alfadas came and visited us. He was very quiet. Don't know why, must have something to do with the war in the South from a few weeks ago. Anyway, the guys from the tower also showed up, and now Alfadas is giving them and me a training. We need a strong Cavalry, he says. Order from the Guild leaders. Fine. I like horses. [/i]

[i]First thing we need to do every morning, is remove the freshly fallen snow, so the training ground is nice and flat. Then we need to feed the horses, get the fake soldiers and place them at one and of the field. Then we wake up Alfadas, as he stays up all night and falls asleep an hour before sunset. That has been going on for a week now. It does get a bit boring, but that is not a problem. [/i]

Now the pics, C&C are welcome.

12795263573_df85dedfe0_c.jpg

The training field, with Alfadas showing us what to do.

12795588884_de4bf4d079_c.jpg

The training puppets.

12795260263_9086980683_c.jpg

The guys from the tower. Wonder what is going to happen with the tower.

12795167825_13288eb8b0_c.jpg

And the guards on the roof. Not doing anything. For a change. :sarcasm_smug:

12795169645_b8edc47580_c.jpg

And there is Alfadas. He needs to grow a beard. What do you guys think?

Check out the flickr account for more pics.

this is looking really nice! Maybe your ground could use a litte more texturing, but other than that it's a great one from you, probably your best yet. :thumbup:

I have said it to two ther members in GoH today and I say it to you as well! You have improved your mocs greatly!

I like the action in this moc and your figs are posing excellent!

Some tips

Photo: Take a shot of the whole moc without cut off edges. Focus: All your photos of the minifigs have great focus on the background but not on the figs...

Moc: Add some more details, barrels, torches, cobbles on the ground, debris on the ground. It looks a bit plain.

Thanks all of you! More snow texturing is a bit of a problem, but a few barrels not. I will pay more attention to the overall pic. And I just can't seem to make my camera focus on the figs. It is on the flower thingy, but it keeps being blurry.

There is a minimum focus range for your lens. If you are too near to your moc the part of moc under this distance will be out of focus. So move a bit away from your moc and refocus.

I photographed an orc commander and Alfadas, and I am really happy how Alfadas turned out. The orc commander is still a bit blurry,

12811698983_4310c11494.jpg12811610385_fb1c0e48b9.jpg

Alfadas is just a bit dark. Otherwise he is pretty sharp, not blurry at all.

Edited by Alfadas

Is there any confirmation light when you achieve focus??? If yes, when the light lights up dont move your camera and shoot from that distance. And as Kabel said use more lighting. Even the right one is not perfectly sharp. And check if your lens needs cleaning.

I agree that this is your best build yet :thumbup: I like the window with the horse peeking out and the figs are excellent :classic:

I agree that this is your best build yet :thumbup: I like the window with the horse peeking out and the figs are excellent :classic:

Thanks!

Is there any confirmation light when you achieve focus??? If yes, when the light lights up dont move your camera and shoot from that distance. And as Kabel said use more lighting. Even the right one is not perfectly sharp. And check if your lens needs cleaning.

No, there isn't a light. And the lens is clean, there are a few scratches on it. The light is no problem. I just got permission to use the hobby table of my mom, she doesn't use it, and there is a nice lamp above it. Not natural light, but it's something.

No, there isn't a light. And the lens is clean, there are a few scratches on it. The light is no problem. I just got permission to use the hobby table of my mom, she doesn't use it, and there is a nice lamp above it. Not natural light, but it's something.

Well light IS a problem if you want to improve your photography. The shot with Alfadas is still underexposed you need more lighting and it maybe look sharper. If still it isnt so sharp then maybe you got problems with focusing(you put the moc under your lens' minimum focus distance) or those scratches affect your image's quality.)

Howcome there isnt any focus confirmation light?? Are you sure?? Try pressing your camera's button a bit and not ful in to check if you get any kind of confirmation. If you got macro mode (the flower you say) you must have focus confirmation light for sure. Half press the button and check it

A fine focused image is your 1st one, focused on Alfadas on the horse. Compare Alfadas there with the last picture of Alfadas and you will understand the difference in sharpness.

Edited by Gunman

I have tried and tried, but there is no indication light anywhere. Here is the best result I got. 12814400404_b80bc4d90d.jpg

Better?

Nop he is still out of focus. Move your camera further away and refocus if you can.