Sign in to follow this  
Solscud007

Sound bricks for starwars idea

gallery_101_23_908.jpg

My friend made a comment that he would want to program a PCB with the Cantina Song for when he gets the Mos Eisley Cantina set. Why doesnt Lego make more use of sound bricks.

Can you imagine for the ATAT, to have a sound brick play the imperial march? that would be awesome!!!

My partner and I had exactly the same conversation when we were looking at the new cantina pictures. I think it's a great idea!

I would assume that they don't use them very often to keep costs down. SW sets are already expensive enough as it is.

Not to mention all the iconic noises that ships themselves make. How great would it be to have a TIE Fighter that can emit the iconic 'TIE scream' at the press of a button?

Not to mention all the iconic noises that ships themselves make. How great would it be to have a TIE Fighter that can emit the iconic 'TIE scream' at the press of a button?

I don't know; I think that would detract from the type of playability that's encouraged by LEGO. The imagination aspect has always been one of TLG's core concepts, and isn't imitating the sounds of spaceships part of the fun of swooshing them?

Maybe someone with the skills could stuff the needed electronics inside a 2x4 brick with a button, and add custom sounds inside, like laser sounds for the x-wing, TIE motor sounds for the TIE, Cantina songs, etc...

Note that any normal 2x4 bricks already plays realistic space sounds when you press it :sweet:

gallery_101_23_908.jpg

My friend made a comment that he would want to program a PCB with the Cantina Song for when he gets the Mos Eisley Cantina set. Why doesnt Lego make more use of sound bricks.

Can you imagine for the ATAT, to have a sound brick play the imperial march? that would be awesome!!!

Sound effects such as a Lightsaber or Engine noises would be cool. I don't think they could do music without licensing it separately. I'm sure John Williams cantina music is not covered under the "construction toy" license.

gallery_101_23_908.jpg

Why not a programmable sound brick set?

A brick that has a USB connection, a few buttons and a speaker.

Each button can be programmed with a sound,

Press red button and TIE fighter firing sound. pew pew pew

Press green button and TIE engine sound. swoosh

Press blue button and TIE explodes. BOOM

Press yellow button and TIE pilot says "I got you now."

Don't they have a LEGO IPOD?

lg5.jpg

lg12.jpg

http://boingboing.ne...mp3-player.html

Edited by Rexworth

I know that I for one would be willing to pay the extra $10? or so for music included in a lego set. Maybe only the classic OT sets though. A clone wars battle pack musical wouldn't quite fit in.